"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Absolutely not an ex-player for me.  We need to go forward with new ideas, a new approach and someone completely fresh.  The obsession with always looking backwards is really depressing.

What’s Butcher, Malpas and Marsella upto these days? 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

What’s Butcher, Malpas and Marsella upto these days? 

I wouldn't want to go backwards either (within reason of course) but that was a good example of where we made that type of appointment.  I think the club benefitted a lot from having someone who wasn't part of the clique and didn't have any connections with the club already.  I can't imagine the current board making that type of appointment.

32 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Surely we still have a bigger budget than Morton though?

Morton actually balance the budget as opposed to your eternal house of cards setup, currently being stewarded by noted financial wizard, err, Scot Gardiner. 

Although maybe you could throw in some tickets from your bankrupt stadium gig enterprise to sweeten the deal. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Morton actually balance the budget as opposed to your eternal house of cards setup, currently being stewarded by noted financial wizard, err, Scot Gardiner. 

Although maybe you could throw in some tickets from your bankrupt stadium gig enterprise to sweeten the deal. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Happy to admit I’m jealous of Morton fans right now. Looks like you’re having a lot more fun than we are. Dougie has done very well, etc.

…But surely you realise it can only be so long before a bigger club takes him from you?

16 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Happy to admit I’m jealous of Morton fans right now. Looks like you’re having a lot more fun than we are. Dougie has done very well, etc.

…But surely you realise it can only be so long before a bigger club takes him from you?

There's no job coming up now in Scotland at least that will have either Imrie on their radar or would attract our manager - there'll certainly be a match of the two in the future. Inverness though are simply no longer a 'bigger club' or a better prospect to manage right now. 

If we can replicate Livingston's rise under very similar circumstances a few years ago, then Sir Douglas can move on with his mission very much accomplished.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Settle down.

In what way exactly? 

Livingston were an extremely average team in terms of quality, that clambered through the play-offs. The only standout player there was a 47 year old Neil Alexander in goal. They also had David Hopkin nominally in charge which was an enormous handicap. 

Given the lack of any genuine team at the top of this division, it is wide open for a disciple of Martindale's approach to body all-comers to the play-off final. Indeed Morton are currently unbeaten in all seven league games against the sides above them in the table. 

Whether that approach would be enough to get past a Premiership side in the final is a different question, but Morton fans would be delighted to have a 40-60 shot at top flight football in May. 

On 08/02/2023 at 13:37, sophia said:

Oh Sandy.

On 08/02/2023 at 13:37, sophia said:

This season has been a struggle and we, in our heart of hearts, know why and for me the proof of whether Dodds is a pudding is between now and season's end. I'm sure he knows this and if my vision of a positive reality is misplaced then there will be a new manager to support.

Well You and Dodds continual injuries excuses have let both of you down yesterday after losing to the bottom club badly.

And I wasn't surprised you haven't appeared on here to run a defensive commentary as you usually do.

Yesterdays game was a shocker and I take no pleasure in seeing my team humbled but I am angry that it has gone so far.

Many of us for months have been saying he should have been gone and some thought us harsh and said all would be well when the injured were back and one post said that he would then win the league???????

Well I'm sure that your Pudding remark is to the forefront for you now, hate to say it but you were telt.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Well You and Dodds continual injuries excuses have let both of you down yesterday after losing to the bottom club badly.

And I wasn't surprised you haven't appeared on here to run a defensive commentary as you usually do.

Yesterdays game was a shocker and I take no pleasure in seeing my team humbled but I am angry that it has gone so far.

Many of us for months have been saying he should have been gone and some thought us harsh and said all would be well when the injured were back and one post said that he would then win the league???????

Well I'm sure that your Pudding remark is to the forefront for you now, hate to say it but you were telt.

I refer you to my post match post and two things can both be correct at the same time.

14 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Surely we still have a bigger budget than Morton though?

Last Summer it was pretty clear we had one of the smallet budgets in the league but our partnership with Dalrada mid August has changed that significantly. 

Since their involvement, we've brought in Robbie Crawford, Liam Grimshaw, Efe Ambrose, Calvin Miller, Ally Roy, George Oakley and Calum Waters.

We've also given presumably improved and extended contracts to Robbie Crawford, Grant Gillespie, Liam Grimshaw, Darragh O'connor and Alexander King as well as new and extended contracts to Imrie and Millen.

We obviously don't know teams budgets exactly but we can make an educated guess and I think we've went from one of the lowest to prob mid table behind the big hitters of Partick, Dundee and Queens Park.

I think we will go into the Summer in very good shape, certainly in better shape than many of our competitors.

Will take a considerable step up and better offer for Dougie to move on. I can't see him moving to any club currently below us.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

If we can replicate Livingston's rise under very similar circumstances a few years ago, then Sir Douglas can move on with his mission very much accomplished.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

Is anyone else frustrated at the lack of fan leadership at the moment? There doesn't seem any vehicle that fans can express their views as a group to the club re the current state on and off the field? 

The disconnect between the club and punters is vast 

The club are only interested in Section 94 and even then they’re largely taking them for a ride. There are a few changes to the stadium I’d be making long before building a roof over their section. 

3 hours ago, madton said:

Last Summer it was pretty clear we had one of the smallet budgets in the league but our partnership with Dalrada mid August has changed that significantly. 

Since their involvement, we've brought in Robbie Crawford, Liam Grimshaw, Efe Ambrose, Calvin Miller, Ally Roy, George Oakley and Calum Waters.

We've also given presumably improved and extended contracts to Robbie Crawford, Grant Gillespie, Liam Grimshaw, Darragh O'connor and Alexander King as well as new and extended contracts to Imrie and Millen.

We obviously don't know teams budgets exactly but we can make an educated guess and I think we've went from one of the lowest to prob mid table behind the big hitters of Partick, Dundee and Queens Park.

I think we will go into the Summer in very good shape, certainly in better shape than many of our competitors.

Will take a considerable step up and better offer for Dougie to move on. I can't see him moving to any club currently below us.

I’ll admit I’ve been a bit surprised that Imrie hasn’t even been mentioned for the Motherwell job. Maybe seen as too much of a risk just now but given Murray’s name has been put about I’d have thought someone would’ve brought it up. 

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The club are only interested in Section 94 and even then they’re largely taking them for a ride. There are a few changes to the stadium I’d be making long before building a roof over their section. 

I put my contribution for the roof into a bucket yesterday as I would think many others did.

But tbh it is a poor show by the club that the fans are contributing.