"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

46 minutes ago, sophia said:

Imagine how much more in the semi finals we'd be if he was better 

I'm sure we will find out over the next few season as thus will probably win him enough favour for another contract for at least a year.

If he does stay though, expectations will be high and sustained periods of unfulfilled results and performances we have seen need curbed.

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm sure we will find out over the next few season as thus will probably win him enough favour for another contract for at least a year.

If he does stay though, expectations will be high and sustained periods of unfulfilled results and performances we have seen need curbed.

Come on bdu pal let’s enjoy this soccer masterclass - great night!

Watching Billy Mckay at Hampden in a The Caley shirt for the first time should send shivers down the spine of every The Caley fan. Even the incompetent drunks at the SFA will have less scope to cheat us in this encounter as it will be our first ever VAR match.

5 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Come on bdu pal let’s enjoy this soccer masterclass - great night!

Who's not enjoying it?

Stating that my personal opinion is that the gravity of the results in the cup will be enough for the board to think he is the man for another season probably in the Championship where expectations will be high. Obviously there is still an outside possibility play-offs and even Premiership football but it's unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Caley D said:

A chance for ICT Fans to raise money for good causes, and get their hands on the Pitch Flag from our 2015 Scottish Cup Win.

https://raffall.com/334535/enter-raffle-to-win-ictfc-scottish-cup-flag-hosted-by-donald-johnstone

Isn’t that property of the club? 

45 minutes ago, Caley D said:

It's not, and never has been, the property of the club.  It was gifted directly to me by the tournament sponsor.

45 minutes ago, Caley D said:

Given the fact the club have apparently lost the other surfing flags, not sure that's such a good idea!!

Whatever.  I hope whoever wins it donates it to the club who should've gotten it into the first place.  If they don't want it maybe they can try and flog it for a grand on Facebook Marketplace.

Edited by Highland Capital

A  look at CTO shows that the banner seller posted a similar post as the one above a week ago, so far two replies after seven days.

He doesn't appear to be that popular there so he's trying his luck on here.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Caley Thistle chairman and Scottish property entrepreneur Ross Morrison understands a bit about the unique challenges of life in the more remote corners of Scotland but not, it seems, that energy policy is a reserved matter.

(Ross, reserved means that it's Rishi you need to call and you can do so right now)

For a club that is trumpeting an energy project as salvation, such illiteracy is positively puzzling.

I know that weirdo Bannerman and other salivators like the Pavlov's dogs that they are, are working themselves up but there's some good fiscal fortunes to report with regard to the Scottish Cup.

The cash we've already won, that's safe and we're going to gamble.

Whichever way the draw goes, we're going to win more than a speedboat.

Whether or not the hot balls keep the uglies apart, there will be be a share of the total gate receipts to be had.

Say a modest total of 60,000 at £30 per ticket and the maths are easy.

Circa £600k for starters would make a fair dent in our deficit.

If and it's two big ifs, something goes terribly wrong during the draw and if we win the wee game, we grab the £292k and presumably half the final gate money. That and other add ons would blow away our money woes and leave some left over for new contracts for players and management.

That's without thinking about the possibility of European group stage football next season.