"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 05/03/2023 at 19:46, Highland Capital said:

Trying to raffle it off for his Strictly Inverness participation. 

He's quite clearly both Caley D and STFU on CTO.

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

County having more fans in Inverness than The Caley do is some take.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Man's been back for about half an hour and he's already pulling no punches.

YLTSI.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Only back for the big Scottish Cup game, another classic Glory Hunter imo…

And I'll be watching it in the pub like a true glory hunter.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And I'll be watching it in the pub like a true glory hunter.

But hopefully you'll be wearing yer Caley Scarf?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Imagine as a fan trying to profit from your football club.

There was another chancer/groupie character some time back I heard that did volunteer IT help for the club and then tried to hit the club with a bill of thousands of pounds. 

3 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Interesting post. Was not aware that the embarrassment of sectarianism extended beyond the central belt in any serious way. 

Back in the 80's we had the marches they used to start and end at the Portland Club and they would march past the two Catholic schools near the city center and then for a while the 90's and the 00's they didn't take place or maybe I didn't give enough of a f**k that they were on. Then maybe because of my close proximity to the current route I heard them again one Saturday afternoon about 5 years ago banging drums and flute playing and now seems to be a thing every year since. You could hear it right through the house through the floor and also my neighbour who is a big Rangers fan burst loudly into song upon hearing such din.

Someone on the council must love a big fat orange parade.

Ironically the place back in the day where they used to start and was a place where the order and orc minded used to meet was generally thought of as a Rangers pub The Portland Club closed around the time Rangers died, ironically because they failed to pay their taxes. 😆 No idea where the bin skip they congregate now is, maybe the Legion, hope its not the Caley Club.

Much of the north west of Scotland including the islands are all very staunch. Stornaway is full of staunch.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We talk about falling attendances at ICT but tonights Dunfermline v Falkirk League 1 top table game tonight has 8,700 ticket sales so far.

It's a top of the table local rivalry clash with 9 games to go.  The biggest game of both clubs season.  If us and County were in the same position it would be a sell out too.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We talk about falling attendances at ICT but tonights Dunfermline v Falkirk League 1 top table game tonight has 8,700 ticket sales so far.

How many do we reckon Caley v County would get? Say hypothetically they got relegated and we were first and second in the Championship this time next year. 

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Another trophy for the mighty Falkirk

59 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

How many do we reckon Caley v County would get? Say hypothetically they got relegated and we were first and second in the Championship this time next year. 

Our capacity is 7,500 and I can't recall us having that for a County game, I would think initially, given your scenerio, we would hit the 5000 plus mark for the first game.

A google check for the Highland Derby showed our record at Caley stadium between the two was 6,766 in 2013, Celtic, eg, filled the stadium in the 2010-2011 season.

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Imagine as a fan trying to profit from your football club.

There was another chancer/groupie character some time back I heard that did volunteer IT help for the club and then tried to hit the club with a bill of thousands of pounds. 

How did he get hold of it in the first place?  I remember back when he was trying to flog it for a grand a while back someone asked him why wouldn't donate it to the club.  He replied saying the club had already had enough of a donation from him.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

How did he get hold of it in the first place?  I remember back when he was trying to flog it for a grand a while back someone asked him why wouldn't donate it to the club.  He replied saying the club had already had enough of a donation from him

That would suggest he is one and the same and not a nice person.

On 04/03/2023 at 19:20, ICTChris said:

Ryan Christie was Young Player of the Year and went on to play for Scotland, in the a champions League and is now playing in the Premiership. I doubt there are many clubs our size who have a youth product that good.

How many have we produced though? How many good young players have come through and been in the picture for the first team? Let’s look at it. Here’s how many youth products have had more than ten starts in each season for the last 20. I’m counting players who played for our youth teams before coming into the first team - so Ross Tokely doesn’t count even though he played with us from 16, for example. Also not including re-signings so Daniel Mackay doesn’t count this season.

2002/03 - 1 (Grant Munro). 

2003/04 - 0

2004/05 - 1 (Grant Munro)

2005/06 - 1 (Grant Munro)

2006/07 - 2 (Michael Fraser, Grant Munro)

2007/08 - 2 (Michael Fraser, Grant Munro)

2008/09 - 3 (Michael Fraser, Grant Munro, Garry Wood)

2009/10 - 1 (Grant Munro)

2010/11 - 4 (Grant Munro, Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie, Shane Sutherland)

2011/12 - 3 (Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie, Shane Sutherland)

2012/13 - 1 (Graeme Shinnie)

2013/14 - 2 (Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie)

2014/15 - 3 (Ryan Christie, Nick Ross, Graeme Shinnie)

2015/16 - 2 (Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth)

2016/17 - 1 (Liam Polworth )

2017/18 - 2 (Liam Polworth)

2018/19 - 1 (Liam Polworth)

2019/20 - 1 (Roddy MacGregor)

2020/21 - 3 (Cameron Harper, Roddy MacGregor, Daniel Mackay)

2021/22 - 1 (Roddy MacGregor)

2022/23 - 2 (Cameron Harper, Lewis Hyde)

I hate to correct you but Garry Wood didn't come through your youth system. Much like Iain Vigurs he came through at Elgin City

Graeme Shinnie is a bit of a grey area. I *think* he was originally signed under Brewster from Dyce. He made his debut early in the 2009-10 season under Butcher but I’m not quire sure how long he’d been at the club by that point. 

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Graeme Shinnie is a bit of a grey area. I *think* he was originally signed under Brewster from Dyce. He made his debut early in the 2009-10 season under Butcher but I’m not quire sure how long he’d been at the club by that point. 

I think it was only a year or two.  Definitely not a Christie or Polworth time period anyway.

I included Garry Wood as he played games for our youth team before our first team, I think.

I'm not sure Vigurs did so I didn't include him.  They were both signed from Elgin though, I think they both played first team for Elgin at 15?