I cant see McGinn going this window now tbh. I think it was always going to be one or the other, not both. A good manager could use 1.4 million or whatever it is, to sign about 3 or 4 very good players. Unfortunately, the last time I can recall lennon having money he spent it on dross like Amido Balde and Temu Pukki

Two bids rejected by St. Mirren for Lewis Morgan. Loads of folk on twitter seem to think it was Hibs who bid.

Don't think this has much chance of going anywhere as I think he still has two years on his contract and we're really under no pressure at all to sell what was our POTY last year, still, stranger things and all that.

Given we sold Mallan for £250-300k with add-ons and he had only a year left, reckon you could add another £100-£200k onto that for what we'd be looking for Morgan.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I think there's funds there to spend money on a player but doubt we'd be will to spend anywhere near that on a player with so little experience. Good player but he's got a long way to go.

I agree. He's got bags of potential. Problem is his agent has already advised against a new deal. So depending on how long is left on his contract, that could force our hand. As I said, I'm about 90% certain he's got two years left but I saw someone mention on B&W army that he's entering his last year.

Even at that, there'd be a very tide development fee at the end of his contract, much like John McGinn, so the deal would have to exceed that I'd reckon.

Just me who thinks that's a great deal? For all the hype he is actually utterly unproven over a full top flight season. That's a bigger fee than May, Stewart and Hemmings combined

It's not just you. Total hypejob.

He will spend a season on loan in league 2 then be back at hibs when they return to the championship.

I'd be delighted if we were going for and managed to sign Morgan. We'll have money to spend anyway. Seen someone on .net suggest we want Declan McManus which would be utterly baffling. 

Edited by Zing.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's not just you. Total hypejob.

He will spend a season on loan in league 2 then be back at hibs when they return to the championship.

You can't hype up a goal scoring record, his games played and goals scored are facts. There was always going to be teams interested purely because of that. 

His goals per minute stat in the Championship is nigh on exactly the same as Chris Kane.

Chris Kane who played for the weakest team in the division.

Cummings has been hyped up, it's not really debatable.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His goals per minute stat in the Championship is nigh on exactly the same as Chris Kane.

Chris Kane who played for the weakest team in the division.

Cummings has been hyped up, it's not really debatable.

How many games has Chris Kane played and how many goals scored? It's not even comparable.