I'm holding back on the seethe at loaning out Mackie in the assumption that we are in talks with free agents who can cover left back, holding midfield and a Striker. Wasn't James considered to look uncomfortable at left back in pre season? Maybe the plan is to put him in the defensive midfield role.....but we'll probably just continue playing this 10th rate knockoff Kloppball crap and keep pretending Mallan and Vela are 'highly mobile' midfielders who are capable of protecting our defence and winning back possession.  Naismith is proven at this level at least, Peterborough fans seemed to reckon he always gave 100% if not the most skillful or the quickest of players.

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

The boy Naismith is a stop gap until James or SDG are back. Hallberg and Porto need added in asap, and Vela has to get a run a proper run. Hexit can still turn this around imo. All the roasters on .net can gtf. 

Not really sure which part of that is serious? Frankly if the feeling on .net is to be rid of PH then I am totally with them.

The manager is a clueless twat, losing the only cover we have for Stevenson on loan to Dundee, signing our 4th RB, and we now have no DM at the club........... not one player that can tackle and protect our decrepit defence thats lost 400 goals this season already.

I am dreading the derby now and unless - by some fuckin miracle - we have 2 or 3 "quality free transfers" incoming then we are utterly fucked until January.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

What happened with Heckingbottom? He had His winning consistently last season did he not? Why the sudden drop off in form?

He’s signed a load of lower league English shitebags and has already realised that the majority can’t handle it up here. 

He’s also decided our midfield should be as lightweight and weak as possible to ensure the defence get no protection whatsoever. 

31 minutes ago, Zing. said:

He’s signed a load of lower league English shitebags and has already realised that the majority can’t handle it up here. 

He’s also decided our midfield should be as lightweight and weak as possible to ensure the defence get no protection whatsoever. 

Yep, and he only had us winning against the bottom 6 cannon fodder (i.e. the likes of us this season !).

The only real positive last year was the win v Hearts at Tynecastle which was excellent but kinda allowed some of us (including me) to pretend things were going ok.

Hibs Cathro, unfortunately

I’m not ready to completely write off the new signings tbh. Everyone is playing shite apart from Flo and Allan. Hecky has got the whole squad playing dug shite not just his new players. I’d like to see them with a new manager in a formation that is going to suit us before sending them all back down south. 

When fit, what does everyone see as our strongest XI? I suppose it's hard to say without seeing the new boys too much. I'd go for:

Marciano
James Porteous Jackson Stevenson
Hallberg Allan Vela
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

Subs:

Maxwell
Hanlon
Doidge
Naismith
Gray
MIddleton
McGregor

12 hours ago, Green Day said:

Whittaker to boss the midfield as DM - you heard it here first

That's an awful lot to ask of a player who is a couple of years older than both Milligan and Bartley were.....

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So, how's this Sean Mackie fella?

He was really good a couple of times last season when he came on against the old firm. 

This season he’s not played that well. Got absolutely roasted at Ibrox but our manager could be blamed for that. General consensus is he’s a better left midfielder than left back.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So, how's this Sean Mackie fella?

I like him. He's still a bit raw, but has a decent left foot. I would have preferred him to stay as competition for Stevenson.

I think he'll do well in the Championship.

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

Not really sure which part of that is serious? Frankly if the feeling on .net is to be rid of PH then I am totally with them.

The manager is a clueless twat, losing the only cover we have for Stevenson on loan to Dundee, signing our 4th RB, and we now have no DM at the club........... not one player that can tackle and protect our decrepit defence thats lost 400 goals this season already.

I am dreading the derby now and unless - by some fuckin miracle - we have 2 or 3 "quality free transfers" incoming then we are utterly fucked until January.

We can move James or Naismith in to cover Stevenson, never been one to fixate on players having to be left footed to play on the left. It's preferable yes, so Stevenson is first choice, but not going to make a huge difference. Mackie can be recalled in Jan if needs be. It's obvious he had to free up a wage to get Naismith in.

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

Just now, staggy1929 said:

If Naismith plays the way he did in his last season at County he'll be one of the stand outs for Hibs this year.

Our idiot of a manager will probably have him on the bench behind a one legged and now sadly broken David Gray.