f**k me.

I was not expecting or hoping for that whatsoever.

The guy had been in the door for about 4 months, I was far from convinced but he deserved a window to try and bring players in that matched his style.

Really seriously concerned about our ownership and the people running our club, I said a while ago about how concerned I was about the Gordon’s and this only adds to this point.

No idea where we go now but I suspect the direction will be down the way.

f**k me.
I was not expecting or hoping for that whatsoever.
The guy had been in the door for about 4 months, I was far from convinced but he deserved a window to try and bring players in that matched his style.
Really seriously concerned about our ownership and the people running our club, I said a while ago about how concerned I was about the Gordon’s and this only adds to this point.
No idea where we go now but I suspect the direction will be down the way.

His style was playing shite, losing and then pretending you weren't as bad as you were. Not sure you'd want to spend a window signing those sort of players.

From the outside it definitely looks harsh hiring a new manager, giving him 4 months mid season, selling his best player in January and not allowing him any time at all to learn on the job or from his mistakes before sacking him before his first summer transfer window. 

Surely if you're hiring a first time manager you have to give them the best opportunities to succeed, and it doesn't seem like the board have done that. That's a squad who've got two managers sacked this season now, so I'm sure Maloney feels he should have been given the chance to clear it out. 

That being said they see behind the scenes and if it's not working its not working and he doesn't seem the most inspiring character. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

His style was playing shite, losing and then pretending you weren't as bad as you were. Not sure you'd want to spend a window signing those sort of players.

It was a completely different way of playing, there’s no beating around the bush, it was shite but he inherited an absolute mess of a team aswell. 

No idea what manager is gonna want to come near us now knowing that they’ll just be punted at the first sign of trouble.

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

From the outside it definitely looks harsh hiring a new manager, giving him 4 months mid season, selling his best player in January and not allowing him any time at all to learn on the job or from his mistakes before sacking him before his first summer transfer window. 

Surely if you're hiring a first time manager you have to give them the best opportunities to succeed, and it doesn't seem like the board have done that. That's a squad who've got two managers sacked this season now, so I'm sure Maloney feels he should have been given the chance to clear it out. 

That being said they see behind the scenes and if it's not working its not working and he doesn't seem the most inspiring character. 

The squad didn't really get Ross sacked though - that was more about behind the scenes wrangling and short-termism. He had just taken them to a cup final and led roughly the same group of players to 3rd place last season. That's not to say it was the wrong decision, but I don't think you can put it down to the squad letting him down - if anything he was getting the most out of a fairly limited bunch.

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

It was a completely different way of playing, there’s no beating around the bush, it was shite but he inherited an absolute mess of a team aswell. 

No idea what manager is gonna want to come near us now knowing that they’ll just be punted at the first sign of trouble.

If the Romanov years taught me anything it's that you'll have f**k all problem getting people to apply.  It's the turmoil changing managers regularly does that's the problem

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

That will bother very few of them so long as you hand out proper contracts as they'll get paid regardless.

When you bin a manager in these circumstances the club is basically admitting they fucked it but in that case it's better taking action now even if it costs. It'll keep the ST holders on board and if you've decided you got it wrong what's the benefit in wasting a transfer window and sacking him when 10th in October?

I’d be interested to know who he’d have brought in during the summer. He’ll no doubt have some influential friends and contacts now, and Hibs would be an enticing club for any young player looking to build up their career.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’d be interested to know who he’d have brought in during the summer. He’ll no doubt have some influential friends and contacts now, and Hibs would be an enticing club for any young player looking to build up their career.

10 more Rocky Bushiri's had been my wish