33 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Wee bit harsh imo, Findlay was absolutely superb at Killie and one of the key reasons that they finished 3rd under Steve Clarke.

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Findlay was excellent for Killie under Clarke tbf, he's an upgrade on what you have now for sure

I'd be an upgrade on what we have right now and I'm a right fat b*****d who loves sandwiches. I probably am being harsh on the lad though, but I can't see him wanting to come to this circus show anytime soon.

Fan amnesia is a thing. 

We've now revised history to say that the Ross sacking was harsh. Online Hibs consensus was baying for him to get the bullet. 

Ian Gordon gets relentless abuse for playing FM with his Dad's toy football club. This is despite Ron telling Hibs podcasters that Ian was a stat man to deliver lists of players to a four man committee on players. McKirdy, Findlay, Henderson and Cadden all are Dempster era targets that took/are taking us years to get. But that doesn't suit the narrative.

Now we can't believe the board isn't bowing down to the support and sacking the current manager, despite him having only had half a season to turn a pile of shite into a team. He's also 3 wins, in January, short of our entire total for last season. 

Is the manager a dud? Probably, but it doesn't matter who's in charge and who owns us, the league table remains the same most seasons. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Fan amnesia is a thing. 

We've now revised history to say that the Ross sacking was harsh. Online Hibs consensus was baying for him to get the bullet. 

Ian Gordon gets relentless abuse for playing FM with his Dad's toy football club. This is despite Ron telling Hibs podcasters that Ian was a stat man to deliver lists of players to a four man committee on players. McKirdy, Findlay, Henderson and Cadden all are Dempster era targets that took/are taking us years to get. But that doesn't suit the narrative.

Now we can't believe the board isn't bowing down to the support and sacking the current manager, despite him having only had half a season to turn a pile of shite into a team. He's also 3 wins, in January, short of our entire total for last season. 

Is the manager a dud? Probably, but it doesn't matter who's in charge and who owns us, the league table remains the same most seasons. 

Ron himself admitted the sacking of Ross was harsh and a mistake. Sure a few fans feel the same way having seen what we have ended up with.

If Ron is telling the truth (which he isn’t) then he’s also failed horrendously as a “stats man” as we ended up with the players we did in the summer off the back of his lists. Ian Gordon should not be in the role he is in at the club and no amount of waffling from Ron changes that.

He ripped up an entire football structure so he could put his son in charge of his department of choice. Mental. 

Edited by Zing.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Ron himself admitted the sacking of Ross was harsh and a mistake. Sure a few fans feel the same way having seen what we have ended up with.

If Ron is telling the truth (which he isn’t) then he’s also failed horrendously as a “stats man” as we ended up with the players we did in the summer off the back of his lists. Ian Gordon should not be in the role he is in at the club and no amount of waffling from Ron changes that.

He ripped up an entire football structure so he could put his son in charge of his department of choice. Mental. 

His words were 

“I don’t want to say I’m not going to make mistakes going forward but the truth of the matter is that perhaps I would re-evaluate some of the decisions that we made.

“That’s water over the dam at this point. We just move forward.

If IG is a stats man, then he's not recruiting players but heading up a department that provide dossiers on players according to what the manager wants in profile and the CEO wants in budget, no?

The entire football structure that had lost out in cups to Hearts (like this year) and St Johnstone (1/5th of the resources of Hibs), while Hearts were a division below and no fans were in the grounds. That blue print to success you mean?

Edited by Tommy Tappin

36 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

His words were 

“I don’t want to say I’m not going to make mistakes going forward but the truth of the matter is that perhaps I would re-evaluate some of the decisions that we made.

“That’s water over the dam at this point. We just move forward.

If IG is a stats man, then he's not recruiting players but heading up a department that provide dossiers on players according to what the manager wants in profile and the CEO wants in budget, no?

The entire football structure that had lost out in cups to Hearts (like this year) and St Johnstone (1/5th of the resources of Hibs), while Hearts were a division below and no fans were in the grounds. That blue print to success you mean?

Letting Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon run the football department has been Ron’s biggest error and even he knows it now. A shambolic decision and it’s no surprise to see he’s having to change it.

Shocked that such an astute business mind thought two folk with zero experience in running a football department would be the answer to making us a success.

35 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Letting Ben Kensell and Ian Gordon run the football department has been Ron’s biggest error and even he knows it now. A shambolic decision and it’s no surprise to see he’s having to change it.

Shocked that such an astute business mind thought two folk with zero experience in running a football department would be the answer to making us a success.

I think Ron has a model for building a business that has worked so often, he thought it would be transferrable to a football club. Interesting to see how the other US owned SPL club is faring currently too. 

25 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Shocked that such an astute business mind thought two folk with zero experience in running a football department would be the answer to making us a success

It was Rons idea to remove Graeme Mathie and Install his son - there was clearly a case to remove Mathie, but the smart move would be to look for an experienced DoF or similar when this happened in July / Aug 2021.

Kensell didnt have a say in this and was then asked to deal with the contracts in addition to the commercial side he thought would be the bulk of his role. As he had just been appointed he didnt have much choice but to go along with it.

I dont disagree with the point you make about the lack of experience, but its almost entirely of Ron Gordons making.

The push for a proper DoF has always been coming from Kensell.