52 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Lewis Miller trying his best Ryan Porteous impression for the goal sold the game for us. Totally idiotic. We never looked like scoring after the red card/goal.

Maybe I’m being too critical of Marshall, but I didn’t think his positioning was great when Miovski was bearing down on goal. He was too near his front post and made it easy for Miovski to slot it in the other side. 

14 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Maybe I’m being too critical of Marshall, but I didn’t think his positioning was great when Miovski was bearing down on goal. He was too near his front post and made it easy for Miovski to slot it in the other side. 

I agree. Left him so much space. After letting Lee Johnson sign about 400 players we are still in dire need of signing more, what a mess.

5 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Or is this a Rangers/Sevco joke that is clearly too subtle for me?

Glasgow Rangers 1872-2012

Sevco 2012-

That's not a joke, it's a fact.

It amazes me how many fans from other clubs, including my own, persist with the myth that Glasgow Rangers didn't die in 2012 by calling the new entity, 'Rangers'.

37 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Glasgow Rangers 1872-2012

Sevco 2012-

That's not a joke, it's a fact.

It amazes me how many fans from other clubs, including my own, persist with the myth that Glasgow Rangers didn't die in 2012 by calling the new entity, 'Rangers'.

The fact that they provoke the same amount of ire as the old club, with the same scummy fans, they are in soul the same club 🤷‍♂️

Clubs collapse and reform all the time in Italy, I can't get too excited about the intricacies of Sevco etc 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

I agree. Left him so much space. After letting Lee Johnson sign about 400 players we are still in dire need of signing more, what a mess.

Our squad is awful and yesterday proved that. Nothing against the young laddies but you should be relying on 16 year olds to win you the game in semi finals. 

29 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Our squad is awful and yesterday proved that. Nothing against the young laddies but you should be relying on 16 year olds to win you the game in semi finals. 

Our options are abysmal. If Boyle is out for any length of time we’re only left with two wingers in the squad. 

3 hours ago, GreenGray said:

I want us to have a massive clear out in January but no doubt it will be most of the same squad still there. 

3 hours ago, GreenGray said:

I wouldn't say our squad is awful but I do think we have been set up wrong over the last few weeks to get the best out of the players that we have. Without wanting to sound like a tactics bore, (as it's a short jump to becoming an attendance counting w**k, or jambo if you prefer....) 4-2-3-1 would suit our players better. Levitt is definitely more a 10 than a 6.

47 minutes ago, EastFife_Hibee said:

I wouldn't say our squad is awful but I do think we have been set up wrong over the last few weeks to get the best out of the players that we have. Without wanting to sound like a tactics bore, (as it's a short jump to becoming an attendance counting w**k, or jambo if you prefer....) 4-2-3-1 would suit our players better. Levitt is definitely more a 10 than a 6.

I came away from the game saying the same thing to be fair, the formation doesn’t suit our best players like Boyle, Vente and Youan.

It’s criminal that we’re not creating enough chances for Vente who has shown he can put them away..

Still think our squad is awful though, just have to look at the bench yesterday.

31 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

I came away from the game saying the same thing to be fair, the formation doesn’t suit our best players like Boyle, Vente and Youan.

It’s criminal that we’re not creating enough chances for Vente who has shown he can put them away..

Still think our squad is awful though, just have to look at the bench yesterday.

I would say the squad is very light rather than awful? But it was the same all the way back in the Jack Ross era too. We had about 14 good players to call on and if they were injured or out of form then we were in trouble. Which is absolutely criminal though as we've signed heaps of players but not improved the squad depth one bit.

1 hour ago, EastFife_Hibee said:

I would say the squad is very light rather than awful? But it was the same all the way back in the Jack Ross era too. We had about 14 good players to call on and if they were injured or out of form then we were in trouble. Which is absolutely criminal though as we've signed heaps of players but not improved the squad depth one bit.

It's terrible.  All our defenders are crap, midfielder is powder puff crap that cant create sod all and Boyles not the same player.  Levitt I would keep, Vente too, the rest I wouldnt care if they left tomorrow.

13 hours ago, GreenGray said:

Yeah I was all for giving 442 a go, and there were times Saturday where it worked pretty well with Youan, Boyle and Jair moving around a lot and changing positions or interlinking in tight situations which got us some go forward. As it stands though our central midfielders pretty much have to stand on the CHs toes so we're not too open. There were a lot of times when Boyle and Vente were in the same space/making the same run. I've not watched the highlights but we were in line and it looked like for the disallowed goal Vente was onside and would have got there if Boyle wasn't a bit quicker than him. 

I think we missed Jeggo but long term he isn't the answer. We need a Shinnie type who wins fouls, breaks up play and wins second balls up and down the pitch. Let Newall and Levitt concentrate on creating, as at the moment most of our good play comes down the sides and you don't get as high quality chances doing that which is why for all we looked very good in patches on Saturday there weren't many clear cut chances. 

This is the most damning with faint praise in the world but most of Saturday I was thinking the way Monty has us playing reminds me of how Maloney tried to get us playing, but working about 70% right after a few games rather than about 20% with half a season. The squad once again needs 2 or 3 crucial additions, take a few loans in January if need be, but I think what he's trying to do will come good with a few tweaks. That being said, "system" type managers do not do nearly as well at consistently getting 3rd/4th in this league as guys who concentrate on not getting beat first and finding a way to win after. 

Edited by GHF-23

No team who loses a game is ever the 'better' team. The better team is the one that wins by virtue of having scored more than the team that lost.

We were the prettier team, NOT the better team, which counts for the square root of f-all. 

We chucked it AGAIN and Monty has a 22% win record. Even Lee Johnson's first 9 games yielded a 33% win record and that was with the League Cup shambles thrown in. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

No team who loses a game is ever the 'better' team. The better team is the one that wins by virtue of having scored more than the team that lost.

We were the prettier team, NOT the better team, which counts for the square root of f-all. 

We chucked it AGAIN and Monty has a 22% win record. Even Lee Johnson's first 9 games yielded a 33% win record and that was with the League Cup shambles thrown in. 

Who are you quoting? A search of the word 'better' on this page shows you used it 3 times, with two further uses by people saying we would be better doing something different. 

I'm assuming no one is seriously calling for Montgomery's head so soon... He's not even got his own players in yet.

I watched the game at the weekend and I thought Hibs played some nice football without a real focus up front. Youan is incredibly frustrating. Aberdeen scoring so soon after going down to 10 men totally played in to their hands as they had a lead to protect. When I saw us play you at Easter Road in the 0-0 draw I thought the right back was pretty turdge and I thought the same on Saturday too...

24 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm assuming no one is seriously calling for Montgomery's head so soon... He's not even got his own players in yet.

I watched the game at the weekend and I thought Hibs played some nice football without a real focus up front. Youan is incredibly frustrating. Aberdeen scoring so soon after going down to 10 men totally played in to their hands as they had a lead to protect. When I saw us play you at Easter Road in the 0-0 draw I thought the right back was pretty turdge and I thought the same on Saturday too...

Some fans wanting him out already and some fans comparing him to Lee Johnson :lol: