In talks with Boyle over a new contract, even if he doesn’t sign it at least we’re making the effort. We can only give him a decision to make. Maybe something similar to the agreement with Cummings. 

Exciting times, we really seem to be pulling in the right direction. 

8 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Might this mean a big "free to a good home" sign is put up in front of a certain Aberdeen-based former Scottish cup winner?

I think that would be a sensible deal for all parties.

Ojo, McGeouch and Dean Campbell all play a similar role.

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think that would be a sensible deal for all parties.

Ojo, McGeouch and Dean Campbell all play a similar role.

Yeah, obviously very different players but I would've preferred McRorie because of the potential to improve and covering a couple of different positions. But if McGeough were to come on non ridiculous wages the money set aside for McRorie could get another CB in. 

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yeah, obviously very different players but I would've preferred McRorie because of the potential to improve and covering a couple of different positions. But if McGeough were to come on non ridiculous wages the money set aside for McRorie could get another CB in. 

Looks like we've pipped you as you've been haggling over the fee. A frustration at your end I'd imagine but you did manage to pay a very decent fee for a young striker with loads of potential. Not easy for Scottish clubs to do that at the best of times so Hibs deserve credit for pulling the trigger there.

Not sure why midfielders would choose to sign for Derek McInnes’ Aberdeen, when they could replicate the experience by heading to an open bit of land on a flight path and watching 747s sail aimlessly over their heads for two hours.

5 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Absolute coup for Aberdeen, providing that the rumours around not playing against Rangers are false. Which would essentially be Aberdeen stating, once again, that there's no point in trying to compete against the old firm. 

If it's a loan he can't play against Rangers. That is an SPFL rule.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If it's a loan he can't play against Rangers. That is an SPFL rule.

Sorry, I don't think that's correct. A club has every right to play a loanee against the parent club, providing they have sought permission. Or is that just when playing in europe?

Edit: Nope, I've just looked it up and I'm fairly sure this isn't an SPFL rule. In fact, is it even the SPFL who get to decide rules on loans? Pretty sure its FIFA

Edited by The Other Foot

17 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Sorry, I don't think that's correct. A club has every right to play a loanee against the parent club, providing they have sought permission. Or is that just when playing in europe?

Edit: Nope, I've just looked it up and I'm fairly sure this isn't an SPFL rule. In fact, is it even the SPFL who get to decide rules on loans? Pretty sure its FIFA

Look again, it's in the SPFL rules and regulations. Rule number 65:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

65 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii)a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv)a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match;

and (v) a Scottish Cup Match;

and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

--

Maybe you were searching for 'loan' rather than 'temporary transfer'

Edited by Aim Here

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Look again, it's in the SPFL rules and regulations. Rule number 65:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

65 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii)a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv)a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match;

and (v) a Scottish Cup Match;

and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

--

Maybe you were searching for 'loan' rather than 'temporary transfer'

I was absolutely searching for 'loan' instead of 'temporary transfer'. Thanks Aim Here. 

Dons_1988, my apologies - it seems you are correct!

Edited by The Other Foot