3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The 38-year-old has put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half year deal and is joined by a management team of Gary Caldwell (Assistant Manager), Valerio Zuddas (First Team Coach and Conditioning) and Brian Doogan (Head of Technical Support), alongside David Gray (First Team Coach) and Craig Samson (Goalkeeping Coach).

Disaster written all over it. Purely basing this on him not being able to see his door plate.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Ahahahaha Gary Caldwell.

Suspect he’s just Tiny Tim’s minder. If he pisses off “big Porto”, “Daz” or one of the other guid Hibs laddies, he’ll need someone to back him up.

6 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Suspect he’s just Tiny Tim’s minder. If he pisses off “big Porto”, “Daz” or one of the other guid Hibs laddies, he’ll need someone to back him up.

Probably give his mate down London a shout if any issues

See the source image

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Actually, I take back my Tiny Tim reference… looks more like wee Oliver in that cringenious photo. 😄

9A33F44D-A229-4946-A501-A01A393904A2.jpeg

Can't see it myself but whatever floats your boat. 

The man is quite short.  I'm not sure what relevance it makes to footballing managerial ability.  Just like it didn't the top career he had as a player. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Can't see it myself but whatever floats your boat. 

The man is quite short.  I'm not sure what relevance it makes to footballing managerial ability.  Just like it didn't the top career he had as a player. 

Don’t think it would normally. Scotland, and especially the clubs with a neddier reputation… just have to wait and see, I suppose. 👍

3 1/2 year deal seems quite a commitment for someone with no experience as a manager. That's not to say he won't be a success (or a failure) or that Hibs won't drop him like a stone if he doesn't measure up - after all you lot got rid of Ross not that long after he signed a new contract.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

3 1/2 year deal seems quite a commitment for someone with no experience as a manager. That's not to say he won't be a success (or a failure) or that Hibs won't drop him like a stone if he doesn't measure up - after all you lot got rid of Ross not that long after he signed a new contract.

His payoff would probably only be a few months so doesn't really matter tbh.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

8 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

His payoff would probably only be a few months so doesn't really matter tbh.

You have to imagine that Maloney would be cheaper than Ross, and if they have any sense they'll have written clauses into the contract based on results.

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I've no idea what you mean but fair enough. 

It’s maybe not something you’d notice when immersed in it. I mean the really well known ned culture at Hibs. Riordan, O’Connor, Griffiths; that sort of thing. Wee Maloney will need a ‘big lad’ to have his back in the dressing room, if the more thuggish element don’t take to him. Guys like Porteous for example.

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Nice to meet you.  Here’s a copy of my book.  This muller boy is either going to be fantastic.  One of those players that you can’t believe played for your club or a total disaster.

9438B1AE-462B-4471-8FB3-7DD31437AFE4.jpeg

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

It’s maybe not something you’d notice when immersed in it. I mean the really well known ned culture at Hibs. Riordan, O’Connor, Griffiths; that sort of thing. Wee Maloney will need a ‘big lad’ to have his back in the dressing room, if the more thuggish element don’t take to him. Guys like Porteous for example.

None of the guys you mentioned have played for Hibs for years.  Are they any more ned like than Lafferty or Kevin Kyle for instance?  

What "thuggish element"?  Is Porteous more of a thug than say Halkett or Souttar?   You're just making stuff up as you go along.