2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s so easy for people who haven’t had to watch the absolute dross we’ve served up over the past year to make comments like this.

We finished 3rd in the league and got 3 trips to Hampden but fans weren’t happy, yet we were happy when we finished 2nd in the Championship.

Its a total inditement of the shower of shite football on show, lack of defence of Porteous, being battered by St Johnstone twice at Hampden, shite transfer windows, attendances are dwindling rapidly because people don’t want to watch this team.

Just because he talks well in the media doesn’t make him the right man for the job, speak to any Sunderland fan and you’ll get a similar response.

Are you seriously volunteering the views of Sunderland fans as in any way relevant/worth taking any notice of.

If you're genuinely happier being second in the Championship rather than third in the Premiership (and regularly appearing in cup semis/finals) then that's your choice. Football fans are weird creatures at times.

Really surprised at that, seems a likeable guy who’s had Hibs playing some decent stuff in spells during his tenure. Being likeable doesn’t buy you time though I guess, especially when you look how the side have drifted from the start they made this term. Could at least have given him a shot at the LC final though, JR did guide his team there. Disappointing.

Playing some decent stuff ???

45 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

To some people having an embarrassing jakeball of a manager transcends league position (in December)

Aye, to be fair to you, third place is the last thing you need right now. That would be the final straw. Imagine the pressure. 🙃

Out of passing interest, was a deal struck with Ross? Or was he sacked? I was thinking he’d just signed a three year deal a couple of months ago? What’s the going rate for a manager of a non-OF SPFL Premiership club? £5-10k p/w? Pretty expensive pay off if they didn’t reach a deal. Makes his last extension a bit of a weird one.

9 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Aye, to be fair to you, third place is the last thing you need right now. That would be the final straw. Imagine the pressure. 🙃

Pressure?

We fired him because he was too boring for us warrior poet shagger types.

He was probably pumping the Hearts physio in the rather predictable missionary position every time.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Pressure?

We fired him because he was too boring for us warrior poet shagger types.

He was probably pumping the Hearts physio in the rather predictable missionary position every time.

I must admit (shitehousing aside for a second), I separate Hibs fans in to two distinct groups:

There’s the ones who are just like every other fan in the world, who put things like results and cups first, and would like it done in an entertaining and exciting manner, if possible.

Then there’s the ones who batter on about “flair”, “Hibs class”, being first to have floodlights and teaching the 1970s Brazil how to play. 

The first type I can have a conversation with. There’s slagging and banter of course, but it’s generally an enjoyable enough experience, and you can see things from another perspective as the discussion develops. 

The second lot… an almost physically painful experience. Denial, accusations of stealing from charities and pensioners. There’s zero value in the debate. It’s all just deflection on to anything to avoid discussing results.

Hibs need results now. They need to start seeing through the media reach arounds about Hibs style and flair. It’s not doing anyone at your club any favours to perpetuate myths like that, as it puts each manager on a hiding to nothing before they even get their feet under the desk. First few poor performances (regardless of results) and the group two supporters start bumping their gums about how “boring it is to watch” or whatever. Then when the inevitable bad results happen, the guy’s got no chance.

All imo. You fall in to the first category for me. You took a real dislike to me when I started posting on here, as I was slagging Hibs. I’m okay with that, as I can be guilty of that myself sometimes. However, it’s generally just pisstaking. The group two lads however, those are the sort of oddball p***ks who emailed Lithuania when we were in admin. They are the primary reason I despise a number of Hibs supporters. Not all of them of course, but those type, I have a very healthy dislike for. It reflects on to my opinion of the club sometimes too. 

Now, can we all just please get on with welcoming Steve Kean as the new manager. 😄

1 minute ago, SDG2 said:
4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:
I must admit (shitehousing aside for a second), I separate Hibs fans in to two distinct groups:
There’s the ones who are just like every other fan in the world, who put things like results and cups first, and would like it done in an entertaining and exciting manner, if possible.
Then there’s the ones who batter on about “flair”, “Hibs class”, being first to have floodlights and teaching the 1970s Brazil how to play. 
The first type I can have a conversation with. There’s slagging and banter of course, but it’s generally an enjoyable enough experience, and you can see things from another perspective as the discussion develops. 
The second lot… an almost physically painful experience. Denial, accusations of stealing from charities and pensioners. There’s zero value in the debate. It’s all just deflection on to anything to avoid discussing results.
Hibs need results now. They need to start seeing through the media reach arounds about Hibs style and flair. It’s not doing anyone at your club any favours to perpetuate myths like that, as it puts each manager on a hiding to nothing before they even get their feet under the desk. First few poor performances (regardless of results) and the group two supporters start bumping their gums about how “boring it is to watch” or whatever. Then when the inevitable bad results happen, the guy’s got no chance.
All imo. You fall in to the first category for me. You took a real dislike to me when I started posting on here, as I was slagging Hibs. I’m okay with that, as I can be guilty of that myself sometimes. However, it’s generally just pisstaking. The group two lads however, those are the sort of oddball p***ks who emailed Lithuania when we were in admin. They are the primary reason I despise a number of Hibs supporters. Not all of them of course, but those type, I have a very healthy dislike for. It reflects on to my opinion of the club sometimes too. 
Now, can we all just please get on with welcoming Steve Kean as the new manager. emoji1.png

You're a fucking oddball who's obsessed with Hibs, mate.

Group 2 👆

1 hour ago, printer said:

Are you seriously volunteering the views of Sunderland fans as in any way relevant/worth taking any notice of.

If you're genuinely happier being second in the Championship rather than third in the Premiership (and regularly appearing in cup semis/finals) then that's your choice. Football fans are weird creatures at times.

It’s all relative, when we were 2nd in the championship we had an exciting young team on the rise (McGinn, McGeouch, Allan, Cummings, Malonga etc) that were exciting to watch, we went toe to toe with Rangers and Hearts regularly, we made semi finals and finals and it culminated in us winning the Scottish Cup, the best achievement in my lifetime.

Now we’re beige to watch, our young prospects are stagnating, we’re flying down the table, crowds are dropping and there is literally 0 connection between the fans and the club.

Its so easy to make comments like above when you don’t have a clue.

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

You fall in to the first category for me. You took a real dislike to me when I started posting on here, as I was slagging Hibs. I’m okay with that, as I can be guilty of that myself sometimes

I did that because of some of the kickback lite horseshite you were posting.

However, the fact that you have calmed down to a frenzy and me being a bit of a gidcunt with a forgiving nature I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt................plus, you are right about any walloper emailing "the president of Lithuania" or whatever - wierd as f**k. I think the guy was called Sergey?

Anyway - If Steve Kean arrives and beats the living shite out of our defence, then I am all for it.

The league position is irrelevant this year, it would be banterrific if we were to win the LC and get relegated tho.............

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s all relative, when we were 2nd in the championship we had an exciting young team on the rise (McGinn, McGeouch, Allan, Cummings, Malonga etc) that were exciting to watch, we went toe to toe with Rangers and Hearts regularly, we made semi finals and finals and it culminated in us winning the Scottish Cup, the best achievement in my lifetime.

Now we’re beige to watch, our young prospects are stagnating, we’re flying down the table, crowds are dropping and there is literally 0 connection between the fans and the club.

Its so easy to make comments like above when you don’t have a clue.

Had this debate with plenty Hearts supporters when we went down in 2013. There were plenty who preferred it to being in the top flight. Not for me tbh, but it’s definitely a mindset amongst some fans.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I did that because of some of the kickback lite horseshite you were posting.

However, the fact that you have calmed down to a frenzy and me being a bit of a gidcunt with a forgiving nature I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt................plus, you are right about any walloper emailing "the president of Lithuania" or whatever - wierd as f**k. I think the guy was called Sergey?

Anyway - If Steve Kean arrives and beats the living shite out of our defence, then I am all for it.

The league position is irrelevant this year, it would be banterrific if we were to win the LC and get relegated tho.............

Had never even read the site before tbh. Usually mixed fora on the big social media platforms are that way inclined. So that’s one thing you can say for P&B I suppose… it’s not as fucking tragic as Facebook.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Had this debate with plenty Hearts supporters when we went down in 2013. There were plenty who preferred it to being in the top flight. Not for me tbh, but it’s definitely a mindset amongst some fans.

Not being funny, but being in the seasides was quite fun.

Park in Sainsburys at 2.45, in seat by 3, no barriers for "Cat 1" matches, home by 5.15 for a peeve.

I sometimes wish I was born in some out of town shithole that only had a Junior club, football would be a lot simpler, but I would probably have 6 fingers and be married to my auntie.....................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Not being funny, but being in the seasides was quite fun.

Park in Sainsburys at 2.45, in seat by 3, no barriers for "Cat 1" matches, home by 5.15 for a peeve.

I sometimes wish I was born in some out of town shithole that only had a Junior club, football would be a lot simpler, but I would probably have 6 fingers and be married to my auntie.....................

Just move to and support Aberdeen. Shitty wee seaside fishing toon, where the only highlight of your perpetually dim lit life, is packing yourself in to a train or bus every fortnight, and experiencing luxuries like culture, indoor toilets and electricity.

One of those surprising but not surprising ones.

Hibs do have the look of their predecessor that went from Top 6 to relegated in half a season but I thought he'd get till at least the cup final.

Got to assume something has happened behind the scenes to lose the players cos it's been a pretty precipitous drop.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s so easy for people who haven’t had to watch the absolute dross we’ve served up.

Its a total inditement of the shower of shite football on show.

Sounds like the problem is Hibs play in the Scottish Premiership.