2 minutes ago, SDG2 said:

Realise that he gets kicked to f**k most weeks? That doesnt suit the narrative though. First Porteous and now Boyle being asked questions about the way they play yet the media remain silent on when its Celtic or Rangers players.

If he doesn’t want questions asked about the way he plays then maybe he should stop diving constantly?

Yeah this has grown arms and legs very much like when Barca used to get criticised for making the most of being kicked off the park by Pepe, Ramos et al and suddenly that became "diving" as well. There's no denying that Boyle is targeted by most oppositions for very aggressive treatment. He sets out to draw attention to that, which is just as legitimate as setting out to give him rough treatment. Simple as that really

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

If he doesn’t want questions asked about the way he plays then maybe he should stop diving constantly?

I suppose if he dived constantly, and its in the media constantly, and refs discussed decisions (we know they do) that Martin Boyle would have umpteen yellow cards for simulation?

I mean, he must have dozens as he is "diving constantly", surely?

35 minutes ago, SDG2 said:

He doesnt dive constantly. Its a myth thats been allowed to grow arms and legs from thick old firm loving cretins in the media.

He does however get kicked to f**k every week and targeted by opposition teams to be kicked to f**k (see McPake) yet the media think thats perfectly fine.

The rotational fouling on Martin Boyle has been going on for seasons now - we have known about it as we watch every game.

Now we have a manager (and I am not having a pop at Dundee, most clubs do it) coming out in a media interview, and states that their tactic was to keep fouling Boyle "but not to his serious injury" or some shite like that.

What happens if one of those professional fouls results in his career being ended by mistake??

Where was the media outcry about a manager sending his players out with an express instruction to foul a player? Nada, nothing.

Boyle does occasionally make a meal of things, but frankly I dont blame him - anything he does is massively outweighed by the number of times he is scythed down with fuckall action by the ref.

Lets start carding the hammer throwers that target him, yellows and reds - and then I will be comfortable if he is carded for a dive.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I suppose if he dived constantly, and its in the media constantly, and refs discussed decisions (we know they do) that Martin Boyle would have umpteen yellow cards for simulation?

The rotational fouling on Martin Boyle has been going on for seasons now - we have known about it as we watch every game.

Now we have a manager (and I am not having a pop at Dundee, most clubs do it) coming out in a media interview, and states that their tactic was to keep fouling Boyle "but not to his serious injury" or some shite like that.

What happens if one of those professional fouls results in his career being ended by mistake??

Where was the media outcry about a manager sending his players out with an express instruction to foul a player? Nada, nothing.

Boyle does occasionally make a meal of things, but frankly I dont blame him - anything he does is massively outweighed by the number of times he is scythed down with fuckall action by the ref.

Lets start carding the hammer throwers that target him, yellows and reds - and then I will be comfortable if he is carded for a dive.

That's not what McPake said though. He said that Boyle was on the break and we had plenty of opportunity to commit a tactical foul and that our defenders should have been a bit more clever. He wasn't saying he singled Boyle out for any special treatment, just that the goal would have been avoided and we wouldn't have been stretched if we were a bit more sly/clever.

33 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Are you arguing against my use of the word “constantly” or are you arguing he has not been diving?

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Not seen "making an arse of yourself because the boy skelped a hat trick past you in a semi then retreat into pedantry" in a while, fair play 

Aye, cos Boyle’s diving issues have only became apparent since November 😂 deflect, deflect, deflect!

22 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Not seen "making an arse of yourself because the boy skelped a hat trick past you in a semi then retreat into pedantry" in a while, fair play 

One wonders what this genius will have to say if Boyle fires in a pen in the 89th minute on Sunday to win the LC?

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, cos Boyle’s diving issues have only became apparent since November 😂 deflect, deflect, deflect!

Who's deflecting? We've all answered your questions, provided some context and (god forbid) nuance to a discussion regarding foul play, and you're stamping your feet and reduced to posting cry laugh emojis. 

How many times has he been cited for diving? Surely if it's as big a problem as you think it would be a lot right? 

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

One wonders what this genius will have to say if Boyle fires in a pen in the 89th minute on Sunday to win the LC?

Well, if it’s a penalty gained by a dive, can I not be happy it has cost Celtic whilst simultaneously accepting it was a dive? They’re not mutually exclusive opinions.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Who's deflecting? We've all answered your questions, provided some context and (god forbid) nuance to a discussion regarding foul play, and you're stamping your feet and reduced to posting cry laugh emojis. 

How many times has he been cited for diving? Surely if it's as big a problem as you think it would be a lot right? 

Your context and nuance has been to blame it on other teams for targeting Boyle, claiming he doesn’t dive “constantly” and failing to actually accept he rightly has a reputation as a diver.

How many incidents escape a review from the compliance officer? Plenty. That doesn’t erase them from ever happening though. 

Just now, AJF said:

Your context and nuance has been to blame it on other teams for targeting Boyle, claiming he doesn’t dive “constantly” and failing to actually accept he rightly has a reputation as a diver.

How many incidents escape a review from the compliance officer? Plenty. That doesn’t erase them from ever happening though. 

If other teams foul someone so consistently that it becomes very easy for that person to gain a foul from them then that is very much their own fault lol. He doesn't dive constantly, no (and you've pulled up others on not being exact enough in their language before so tough luck) and no I don't accept that, why would I if I don't believe it to be the case for reasons I've laid out previously. 

The 38-year-old has put pen-to-paper on a three-and-a-half year deal and is joined by a management team of Gary Caldwell (Assistant Manager), Valerio Zuddas (First Team Coach and Conditioning) and Brian Doogan (Head of Technical Support), alongside David Gray (First Team Coach) and Craig Samson (Goalkeeping Coach).

I wish to offer my deepest sympathy to all Hibs fans on the appointment of the Gary Caldwell, football's David Brent.

He was the worst Partick Thistle manager that I can remember and we've had several duds in my lifetime.

Surely Maloney could have found someone better that that inept clown.

Edited by Bishop Briggs