1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Halkett has had a much better season and deserves his call up.  I wasn't calling him a useless donkey like some jambos last season either.  Hearts are a much better side with the lad in the team. 

There's a middle ground, you know fine well RP isn't a shite footballer.  

I don’t think he’s very good to be honest, and that is not maroon specs. He cheats too much for my liking and the rest of his game is not all that impressive. Compare him to Souttar, Halkett or Kingsley? It’s night and day for effectiveness, ability and maturity. Sorry mate, I do not see anything with the guy at all tbh. Think we need to agree to disagree here.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

We are talking about Porto, Kyle after you proclaimed him as shite.  He's not Maldini but he's no Zander Diamond either

To answer though, probably because we sold our best player in January, our most attacking midfielder who started the season fantastically has been injured for months, Scott Allan is finished as a top league player and most our creativity comes from Chris Cadden who finds absolutely nobody in the middle of the penalty area ever. 

Despite that and also the fact we had a goalie making his first start in the league for the club, Hearts have scored no goals against Hibs with RP in the middle of defence this season. 

There's actually pretty clear parallels between the two.

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I don’t think he’s very good to be honest, and that is not maroon specs. He cheats too much for my liking and the rest of his game is not all that impressive. Compare him to Souttar, Halkett or Kingsley? It’s night and day for effectiveness, ability and maturity. Sorry mate, I do not see anything with the guy at all tbh. Think we need to agree to disagree here.

He's a much better CH than Kingsley.   If he went to Livi next year he would be a stand out like Halkett.  Not in the same league as Soutarr though. 

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Aberdeen fans really need to move on from the obsession they have over RP.  

I think that it is Porteous that needs to move on from his obsession with Aberdeen. Two red cards in the last two matches against us.

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He's a much better CH than Kingsley.   If he went to Livi next year he would be a stand out like Halkett.  Not in the same league as Soutarr though. 

Kingsley is a far better player, mate. He really is. He’s better on and off the ball, more skilful, and a bigger goal threat. I honestly think a lot of Hibs fans bum Porteous up because you don’t really have much else in defence right now. Halkett is the closest of our CBs in terms of comparison because of their style of play. Halkett makes Souttar look as good as he does though imo. Kingsley looks good no matter who you partner him with.

53 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair enough but my point stands.  You don't see 9 out the 12 clubs in the league give a shiny shite about Porto.  Aberdeen, your pals the stickies and our rivals.  

If it’s any consolation to you, three of my favourite moments at Pittodrie this season (there haven’t been that many) and in time order only, have been the red cards given to Halliday, Kent and Porteous.

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Kingsley is a far better player, mate. He really is. He’s better on and off the ball, more skilful, and a bigger goal threat. I honestly think a lot of Hibs fans bum Porteous up because you don’t really have much else in defence right now. Halkett is the closest of our CBs in terms of comparison because of their style of play. Halkett makes Souttar look as good as he does though imo. Kingsley looks good no matter who you partner him with.

Kingsley is in his prime and should be playing full back.   He's not a better CH than Porto.   

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Kingsley is in his prime and should be playing full back.   He's not a better CH than Porto.   

He is versatile. Plays well in both positions. I’m struggling to find a flaw in his game tbh. He has been solid at CH all season in the only defence outside of Glasgow with a positive goal difference. He’s also scored a handful for us from CH getting his head in crosses or scoring free kicks.

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

He is versatile. Plays well in both positions. I’m struggling to find a flaw in his game tbh. He has been solid at CH all season in the only defence outside of Glasgow with a positive goal difference. He’s also scored a handful for us from CH getting his head in crosses or scoring free kicks.

Fair play, you see more of the lad than me.  Get yourself to feck off the hibs page then and rim him on your own ;)

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

We are talking about Porto, Kyle after you proclaimed him as shite.  He's not Maldini but he's no Zander Diamond either. 

To answer though, probably because we sold our best player in January, our most attacking midfielder who started the season fantastically has been injured for months, Scott Allan is finished as a top league player and most our creativity comes from Chris Cadden who finds absolutely nobody in the middle of the penalty area ever. 

Despite that and also the fact we had a goalie making his first start in the league for the club, Hearts have scored no goals against Hibs with RP in the middle of defence this season. 

Were we not all agreed that was down to your keeper though? Simms was in behind Porteous several times, so I'm not sure he can really claim any credit.

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm not ultra defensive over him.  I actually think his management group lead by Sir Andy Murray should sit down with him and explain what his needed to be a top sportsman because the tools are there.  He's unfortunately acting like said tool too often.

Maybe Aberdeen fans dont hate the lad but they are, like the new club failing to get the guy out their system.  Again, high profile or not I don't really know or care about any Aberdeen players.  It's only Aberdeen or Hearts fans (rivals) that jump on anything Porteous wise.  I genuinely don't understand why he bothers your fans so much.  

The whole Porteous-Rangers pantomime will likely rumble on for as long as he plays in Scotland, similar to Brown. Sometimes he will be laughing at Rangers, sometimes Rangers will be laughing at him.

It's pretty much a case of don't dish it out if you can't take it back. There are valid reasons as to why opposition fans don't take to him. That doesn't mean when we poke fun at him when things go wrong that it's anything other than just that.

Porteous himself has said it was a definite pen, but that (whether he was getting it or not) the intention was to go for the ball as can be seen from the still pictures - eye on the ball etc.

The issue being appealed was obviously the red card not the penalty, which was a stick on.

As I said, you can see from the pictures that his eye was on the ball as he cleaned the dons player out. I am still a bit confused that the double jeapordy rule wasnt applied but Alan Muir is a terrible ref. 

That was clearly the basis of the appeal, and while the panel were maybe going to stick with the ref, to increase it to 4 matches tells you everything you need to about the people on the panel - they are driving Porteous out of this country.

Good to see the obsessed arsehole jambo haunting the Hibs thread again after his wee "break".

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Porteous himself has said it was a definite pen, but that (whether he was getting it or not) the intention was to go for the ball as can be seen from the still pictures - eye on the ball etc.

The issue being appealed was obviously the red card not the penalty, which was a stick on.

As I said, you can see from the pictures that his eye was on the ball as he cleaned the dons player out. I am still a bit confused that the double jeapordy rule wasnt applied but Alan Muir is a terrible ref. 

That was clearly the basis of the appeal, and while the panel were maybe going to stick with the ref, to increase it to 4 matches tells you everything you need to about the people on the panel - they are driving Porteous out of this country.

Good to see the obsessed arsehole jambo haunting the Hibs thread again after his wee "break".

You're better than this.