9 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

He's wanting to take Hibs to the prawn sandwich brigade and he's dropped a few clues now that he's going to change the mindset of the club/fanbase even if the results don't change it for him.   

Thank god. 

What Easter Road has been crying out for in recent years is a decent sommelier. 

3 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Thank god. 

What Easter Road has been crying out for in recent years is a decent sommelier. 

Sommelier? Can he play up front?

I have to say in reply to Austin that as a neutral I'd like to pop down to Tynecastle and see the odd Hearts match now and again but they're bloody expensive. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Kensall is doing a superb job commercially and is wiping the floor on that score with anything Saint Dempster achieved.

You ignore the fact that fact that Kensall and Dempster had entirely different remits as CEOs. Dempster came in after a relegation and put the club back on its feet. She brought it closer to the fans and set up initiatives like Working Together and pushed Community Programs based around the club. She was a massive success.

Kensall was Ron's choice. His remit is to drive up revenue and on that he is doing well. Where he needs to improve is keeping his gob shut at fan engagement evenings as he has a tendency for the throwaway comment that immediately hits HIbs Twitter and the message boards which is no way to carry on.  

4 minutes ago, AndyM said:

You ignore the fact that fact that Kensall and Dempster had entirely different remits as CEOs. Dempster came in after a relegation and put the club back on its feet. She brought it closer to the fans and set up initiatives like Working Together and pushed Community Programs based around the club. She was a massive success.

Kensall was Ron's choice. His remit is to drive up revenue and on that he is doing well. Where he needs to improve is keeping his gob shut at fan engagement evenings as he has a tendency for the throwaway comment that immediately hits HIbs Twitter and the message boards which is no way to carry on.  

Very fair points re: engagement. No argument there.

Any CEO tasked with sorting a shirt sponsorship, loyalty scheme, advising HSL and failing massively on all three, ain't a great commercial CEO however.

Currently running a homeless club in the lower leagues too, such is the demand for her leadership expertise. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

12 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Things aren't great at Hibs but nowhere near as bad as the bedwetters make out. 

Unpopular facts:

Bushiri is statistically our best defender so far.

Kensall is doing a superb job commercially and is wiping the floor on that score with anything Saint Dempster achieved.

RG is spending millions of his own money, not going for cheap options. Marshall and McGeady weren't on pennies last season either. 

But I think the one thing for the conspiracy theorists to actually watch out for, is that I genuinely think it's Ron's plan to make Hibs attractive to Edinburgh's elite and to price the working class out of watching us as far as he can.

I think he's sick of the relentless negativity, the shitty attendances and he knows they're not going to provide the money long term anyway, because they haven't got any.

He's wanting to take Hibs to the prawn sandwich brigade and he's dropped a few clues now that he's going to change the mindset of the club/fanbase even if the results don't change it for him.   

I’ll take a huge pint of whatever you’ve had this morning chief.

We are a total mess ran by incompetent idiots and I’m genuinely jealous of people that don’t see it.

24 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I’ll take a huge pint of whatever you’ve had this morning chief.

We are a total mess ran by incompetent idiots and I’m genuinely jealous of people that don’t see it.

'We are a total mess' - Nope - 43 new commercial partnerships, playing budget up 40%, Infrastructure upgraded, hospitality sold out. 

'Ran by incompetent idiots' - Nope - 11 players recruited including 3 internationals with more to come, £6m in player sales this year with first option buy back on our best player.

Run by very savvy people. One pint of facts coming your way and it's on me.   

Very savvy people :lol:

The criticism isn’t a lack of ambition tbf, no doubt Ron is spending. I’ll judge the signings on their performances though, we’re signing players from all corners of the world and expecting them to slot right in which doesn’t usually happen, and none of them have done much to suggest they’ll be different, very early days though.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

'We are a total mess' - Nope - 43 new commercial partnerships, playing budget up 40%, Infrastructure upgraded, hospitality sold out. 

'Ran by incompetent idiots' - Nope - 11 players recruited including 3 internationals with more to come, £6m in player sales this year with first option buy back on our best player.

Run by very savvy people. One pint of facts coming your way and it's on me.   

Okay, I’ll bite.

12 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Things aren't great at Hibs but nowhere near as bad as the bedwetters make out. 

Unpopular facts:

Bushiri is statistically our best defender so far.

RG is spending millions of his own money, not going for cheap options. Marshall and McGeady weren't on pennies last season either. 

But I think the one thing for the conspiracy theorists to actually watch out for, is that I genuinely think it's Ron's plan to make Hibs attractive to Edinburgh's elite and to price the working class out of watching us as far as he can.

I think he's sick of the relentless negativity, the shitty attendances and he knows they're not going to provide the money long term anyway, because they haven't got any.

No issues with the Bushiri comment to be fair, young guy, might improve, been fine in the cup other than a horrendous game against Falkirk.

Kensell has so far; sacked 2 managers and 1 director of football (who has been replaced by the owners son), agreed partnerships with two company’s which have gone bust, one of which exploits people and is absolutely dreadful for the environment.

There is absolutely 0 evidence that Ron has been spending his own money, he’s never said that and there’s no proof of it anywhere.

The point about the working class is to be honest, utterly disgusting, it goes against everything Hibs have existed for in the past nearly 150 years, and we as supporters will still be here long after Ron Gordon has fucked off and that’s pretty much the only thing that has me clinging to my season ticket and my continued support for the club.

The relentless negativity has been caused by consistent failure since he came in. 2 bottom 6 place finishes in 3 seasons, 2 wins out of 8 at Hampden. Incredibly unattractive football, and we have won a 1 derby out of 9, with 6 defeats since he arrived at the club.

Oh and he’s sacked basically every member of staff the club has that actually knows about and supports Hibs, this has resulted in a barrage of weird statements and social media posts which have hugely alienated a lot of supporters. 

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Okay, I’ll bite.

No issues with the Bushiri comment to be fair, young guy, might improve, been fine in the cup other than a horrendous game against Falkirk.

Kensell has so far; sacked 2 managers and 1 director of football (who has been replaced by the owners son), agreed partnerships with two company’s which have gone bust, one of which exploits people and is absolutely dreadful for the environment.

There is absolutely 0 evidence that Ron has been spending his own money, he’s never said that and there’s no proof of it anywhere.

The point about the working class is to be honest, utterly disgusting, it goes against everything Hibs have existed for in the past nearly 150 years, and we as supporters will still be here long after Ron Gordon has fucked off and that’s pretty much the only thing that has me clinging to my season ticket and my continued support for the club.

The relentless negativity has been caused by consistent failure since he came in. 2 bottom 6 place finishes in 3 seasons, 2 wins out of 8 at Hampden. Incredibly unattractive football, and we have won a 1 derby out of 9, with 6 defeats since he arrived at the club.

Oh and he’s sacked basically every member of staff the club has that actually knows about and supports Hibs, this has resulted in a barrage of weird statements and social media posts which have hugely alienated a lot of supporters. 

Bushiri didn't have a horrendous game against Falkirk, Porto did. 

Kensall hasn't sacked anyone. He's been sent by the board to sack them. The previous leadership did deals with alcohol companies, the leading cause of domestic abuse in Scotland. That's disgusting. 

'0 evidence Ron spends his own money'. 1. £4M cash to buy from Farmer. 2. £1m cash for working capital. 3 Loaned club the money to install the new hospitality suits this summer. All their in the accounts if you wish to analyse them.  

'It goes against everything Hibs have existed for'. And achieved relatively f-all as a result. Football is business. Want a community club? FC Edinburgh is a stone's throw away. 

'Relentless negativity' - caused by the mindless. He's delivered our only top 3 finish in 15 years and been to Hampden more times with him in his time with us then the same period prior to his arrival. Hibs fans have hardly come out in numbers at Hampden either have they?

'He's sacked every member of staff that knows about Hibs'. Perhaps because they've delivered all that failure you were describing? Making them incompetent idiots perhaps?

2 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Very fair points re: engagement. No argument there.

Any CEO tasked with sorting a shirt sponsorship, loyalty scheme, advising HSL and failing massively on all three, ain't a great commercial CEO however.

Currently running a homeless club in the lower leagues too, such is the demand for her leadership expertise. 

That's hardly fair on Leeann. Loyalty points I'll give you was hugely controversial and folk still moan about it but you'll find that generally folk who want an away ticket generally get one.  HSL was Ron Gordon's doing to sideline and re shirt sponsorship, Dempster was steering the club away from the bevvy and bookies shirt sponsors and rightly so. One year with the club's charity on the shirt and the next with the  NHS logo on the shirt after a global pandemic which was hugely approved by just about everyone.

Dempster went to Queens Park because of family issues and the fact she lives in the west. It was also apparent that Ron was moving his own people in. I think Ron has made some bad mistakes in the running of the club (sacking Jack Ross too soon) and he has removed some people who should never been forced out the club e.g. Sue McLernon. 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's the story here? Surely a system like this is fairly standard?

Leeann scrapped the Loyalty Points system which had been in place for away tickets. Meant that getting tickets for Tynecastle became an absolute fastest finger on the keyboard issue and a lot of fans got pissed off. Also affected games at Ibrox and Parkhead where we usually only get 900.

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

Leeann scrapped the Loyalty Points system which had been in place for away tickets. Meant that getting tickets for Tynecastle became an absolute fastest finger on the keyboard issue and a lot of fans got pissed off. Also affected games at Ibrox and Parkhead where we usually only get 900.

Absolute madness.

I'd be fucking fizzing.

Cheers.

20 minutes ago, AndyM said:

That's hardly fair on Leeann. Loyalty points I'll give you was hugely controversial and folk still moan about it but you'll find that generally folk who want an away ticket generally get one.  HSL was Ron Gordon's doing to sideline and re shirt sponsorship, Dempster was steering the club away from the bevvy and bookies shirt sponsors and rightly so. One year with the club's charity on the shirt and the next with the  NHS logo on the shirt after a global pandemic which was hugely approved by just about everyone.

Dempster went to Queens Park because of family issues and the fact she lives in the west. It was also apparent that Ron was moving his own people in. I think Ron has made some bad mistakes in the running of the club (sacking Jack Ross too soon) and he has removed some people who should never been forced out the club e.g. Sue McLernon. 

Again, take all points on board and would highlight that these people , for whatever reason, weren't building the club big enough or soon enough for an ambitious owners liking. 

I've had 45+ years of seeing Hibs be mediocre or worse with three cups '91, '07  and '16 for my trouble.( I don't count Dryborough or EoS shields.) and three relegations to offset those.  

I'm more than happy to try a different way at this point. 

Edited by Tommy Tappin

23 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Assuming a 4-3-3 would you go with something like this @Lyle Lanley?

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Tait

Hendo

McGeady

Youan
Tavares

Swap Tavares for Melkersen and that’s  the team I would start on Saturday.