Just a thought, but won't we be punting Doidge this month?
We have five or six first-team strikers on the books now, with Bojang, Youan and Boyle just in the door, Melkerson a work in progress, Nisbet out of commission and unsellable until mid-season. That must leave Doidge surely surplus to requirements, unless Lee Johnson is going to bring back some sort of Famous Five lineup.

Wouldn’t mind it, he was pretty hopeless when he came on yesterday. After watching Fletcher play well for Dundee United mid week it’s slightly frustrating if their was a real opportunity to go for him.

2 hours ago, GreenGray said:

Wouldn’t mind it, he was pretty hopeless when he came on yesterday. After watching Fletcher play well for Dundee United mid week it’s slightly frustrating if their was a real opportunity to go for him.

If we get rid of Doidge, it wont be for a guy in his mid to late 30s 

To be honest, we need another CH and CM as well..................

If someone had offered me 4 points from the first 2 games after the Falkirk game I would have snapped their hand off. The team needs a lot of work still but 2 injury time goals in the past 2 weeks show at least there is a bit of grit across the squad and a decent level of fitness.

I think the advanced midfield three really struggled to impose themselves on the game. If those three had been able to  show and keep the ball better it would have allowed us to get a better grip of the game during the first 20 minutes of the second half. Far too much long balls in the second half due to a lack of options.

Melkerson for me needs to play as a striker but at least with Boyle coming back that solves the issue on the right. I thought Henderson was pretty poor on the left yesterday, i think he needs to play centrally but it remains to be seen whether he’s good enough. 

Youan looks like he has something about him but he looks used to playing with a partner. He needed to stay more central yesterday and play as a focal point but he found himself out wide too often. He had to be looking to get on the end of the cross in the first half from cadden and the other in the second half from Cabraja  but he wasn’t where you would expect your number 9 to be.

In a short space of time I think Johnson’s done well so far, need a good few signings to be pushing top 4 still but I’m happier about the season than I was in mid July.

4 hours ago, GreenGray said:

Watching how United used Fletcher, you wouldn't be wanting to watch that for a season.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

If we get rid of Doidge, it wont be for a guy in his mid to late 30s 

To be honest, we need another CH and CM as well..................

We have a really young team and communication looks a serious problem too.  Fletch would have been ideal for me for a season or two while we settle mature and grow. Just like Holt was. 

Doidge looks St Johnstone level now.  Wouldn’t be surprised on him being loaned out and us picking up someone like Fletch late on.  Sure there will be tons of older players kicking about Wigans bench or someone looking to play games.  

Watching how United used Fletcher, you wouldn't be wanting to watch that for a season.

We resorted to playing like that In moments yesterday with Doidge and he barely retained possession once. I think Fletcher would work well with people like Youan, Boyle and Melkersen running off him, his link up play is miles ahead of Doidge.

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No but it offers something much different. 

12 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

We resorted to playing like that In moments yesterday with Doidge and he barely retained possession once. I think Fletcher would work well with people like Youan, Boyle and Melkersen running off him, his link up play is miles ahead of Doidge.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as condescending but we know Hibs fans won't put up with long ball football for a season.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as condescending but we know Hibs fans won't put up with long ball football for a season.

True but I’m not even talking about strictly long ball, fletcher is miles better at coming deep, receiving the ball to feet and playing wingers in behind than Doidge is.

“Hibs plan to reveal details of Boyle’s transfer back to the club in due course. It is expected the deal will go down as the club’s highest ever transfer fee paid for a player, which is currently £700,000 for Ulises de la Cruz in 2001.“

Pay Day Money GIF

2 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Fletcher wouldn’t have come to Hibs to possibly get off the bench for 20 minutes some weeks. He would never have started in a Johnson team and we’ll only use a striker like that if we’re chasing a game late on and going a bit longer. 

LJ Likes a 433.

Youan Fletch Boyler would be barry.  Melker and Rainbow guy off the bench. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

“Hibs plan to reveal details of Boyle’s transfer back to the club in due course. It is expected the deal will go down as the club’s highest ever transfer fee paid for a player, which is currently £700,000 for Ulises de la Cruz in 2001.“

Pay Day Money GIF

*changes username to Martin Boyle*

By Tom English logic we’ve probably paid about 2 million for him.  Because we sold him for 3 million.  We got about 1.5 then his wages would be another 500k.  Plus magic imaginary money and we actually owe the Saudi club 765 million pounds.

On 08/08/2022 at 09:08, Aim Here said:

Just a thought, but won't we be punting Doidge this month?

We have five or six first-team strikers on the books now, with Bojang, Youan and Boyle just in the door, Melkerson a work in progress, Nisbet out of commission and unsellable until mid-season. That must leave Doidge surely surplus to requirements, unless Lee Johnson is going to bring back some sort of Famous Five lineup.

Would he do a job in the Championship for a season?

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Only 2 games in, but great stats, particularly as he is only 19 !

I think there’s a real player in there,  bearing in mind this is his first season playing “proper” football he’ll only get better. 

I think we’ve really missed a good defensive midfielder since Marvin Bartley left.