45 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hes baws deep in with the owners.  Done the same at Bristol City.  Guys a snakey c**t.  Never his fault either.

Even if we win next week (which we will). I still want him gone. 

49 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hes baws deep in with the owners.  Done the same at Bristol City.  Guys a snakey c**t.  Never his fault either.

"The word embarrassing feels strong considering the tie is not over." 

f**k off Lee tonight was a embarrassing result. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

I wanted him gone yesterday and last week too mate.  We can do a lot lot better than that chancer. 

Towards the end of last season, I thought he deserved a crack at this season but after tonight he can f**k off. 

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

The thing is this Andorran mob, and Sligo Rovers for that matter, would be rag dolled week-in week-out if they were dropped into the Premiership (or even the Championship) for a season.

What gets me is the year-on-year lack of preparation and professionalism that Scottish teams show in Europe, particularly against supposed minnows. Granted I was watching the game on a phone but Inter looked fitter and sharper, and just as fast and strong as Hibs.

What exactly do Scottish teams do in pre-season… well, training in general really? Some of the Hibs players actually looked to be carrying a bit of weight.

As you say, these teams would be Championship level at best here over the course of a season, so the humiliations teams like ours suffer year on year in the early European rounds is hard to swallow. The whole Alexander affair at the time certainly never helped us, but that was still nowhere near an excuse.

The close season here now is so short that there's absolutely no excuse for any player to require more than a couple of weeks to be back to match sharpness in time for these fixtures coming around. 

Cringed like fcuk when my Sligo away trip came up on my FB memories today, fantastic couple of days piss up in a lovely wee town, but brutal and embarrassing football. With home advantage in the 2nd leg I think you will do the business, avoid the ultimately humiliating exit we suffered last year and sneak into the next round.

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

I’ve been one of Lee Johnson’s vocal defenders .

Why? He is and always has been one of these arrogant c***s that rate Scottish football on par with English Sunday league, clueless manager and arrogant c**t.

You'd think as a Hearts fan I'd be quite content with an absolute fraud like Johnson at Hibs but I'd genuinely just rather see him sacked and out of a job because he's a p***k.

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Why? He is and always has been one of these arrogant c***s that rate Scottish football on par with English Sunday league, clueless manager and arrogant c**t.

You'd think as a Hearts fan I'd be quite content with an absolute fraud like Johnson at Hibs but I'd genuinely just rather see him sacked and out of a job because he's a p***k.

Scottish clubs need to stop appointing people like Lee if we want to move the game forward. 

39 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Can't argue with any of that.  Shan as. 

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

As you say, these teams would be Championship level at best here over the course of a season, so the humiliations teams like ours suffer year on year in the early European rounds is hard to swallow. 

It's not like our Premiership sides sword championship teams in the cup at this time of year. 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It's not like our Premiership sides sword championship teams in the cup at this time of year. 

This is true. Lee had us pumped out the cup by Falkirk and Morton at this time last year. We’ve clearly failed to prepare correctly both physically and in our attitude towards the game last night just as we did for the league cup last season.

47 minutes ago, Zing. said:

This is true. Lee had us pumped out the cup by Falkirk and Morton at this time last year. We’ve clearly failed to prepare correctly both physically and in our attitude towards the game last night just as we did for the league cup last season.

This is my big issue with Johnson. He treated the LC Group as training matches last season and we got the result we deserved.

To make this mistake once is stupid, but to have the players turn up yesterday looking unprepared, and for us to finish with that horrendous Newell, Campbell, JDH midfield, tells me he has learned the square root of f**k all in a year.

I was prepared to give him a chance, but not now, its unacceptable.

He deserved all the dugs abuse he got yesterday.

Both Will Fish and Dylan Vente should be available for the home leg next week. You may even see Obita back from injury.

I'll probably receive pelters for this however I just have an inkling Hibs (despite yesterdays result) will finish third this season. You've added Levitt and Vente while securing Youan permanently and resigning Will Fish on loan. Whatever the case third is going to be very close for those involved.

I fully anticipate Levitt, Boyle, Youan and Vente to cause defences in Scotland problems. You have a very decent side however you need to hope Jojo Wollacott (the goalie) is competent as Marshall needs dropped.  

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'll probably receive pelters for this..

You think?

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

...I just have an inkling Hibs (despite yesterdays result) will finish third this season.

giphy.gif

BBC report(I know, I know) on the game says that the attendance was 223. Given that there were Hibees there, you are likely talking about less than 200 home fans for a European tie. I know that the kick off time might have been a factor, but you wonder how a club can be viable on those attendance figures. Their players likely don’t earn much, so expect they are part-time? Didn’t hear the usual, he’s a postman, etc though. I would expect a bigger attendance at the return match, but maybe the less LJ says in the meantime the better.

17 minutes ago, Kempes said:

BBC report(I know, I know) on the game says that the attendance was 223. Given that there were Hibees there, you are likely talking about less than 200 home fans for a European tie. I know that the kick off time might have been a factor, but you wonder how a club can be viable on those attendance figures. Their players likely don’t earn much, so expect they are part-time? Didn’t hear the usual, he’s a postman, etc though. I would expect a bigger attendance at the return match, but maybe the less LJ says in the meantime the better.

The club probably owns one of Andorra la Vella's 10,000 duty free shops and the players are just trying to fill some time between working as ski instructors in the winter. I've only been once and it's a strange if beautiful place. Excellent combination safari park/forest theme park place though (think if Landmark was more exciting)

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Clearly a bad result but, and not trying to wind you up here, surely losing 7 at home to Malmo was worse than that? 

Malmo are a team you'd expect Hibs to lose to who dished out an embarrassing margin of defeat.

Inter d'Escaldes are a team you'd expect every club in the Scottish Championship to comfortably beat. Losing to them would be among the worst results in the history of Raith or Dunfermline, never mind Hibs. It's the kind of hugely mismatched European tie where you could reasonably expect a margin of 7, 8 or 9 on aggregate.

It's true enough to say this will easily be forgotten if they go and win the second leg, but Johnson playing it down as not being embarrassing is the kind of arrogance you've come to expect which makes people hate him.

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

There's an element of the League Cup having lost it's lustre with the ridiculously early group stages though. Some managers get caught out by thinking they can get by using them as additional pre-season run outs, tinkering with formations etc and still get through, while their lower league counterparts will be fielding their strongest 11 and looking for a scalp.

If you qualify for Europe and know the financial benefits getting to the group stages brings, your planning should start from the day your qualification is confirmed, and being unfit or under prepared is inexcusable. The way our sides embarrass themselves year after year is depressing. 

Edited by 'WellDel

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Malmo are a team you'd expect Hibs to lose to who dished out an embarrassing margin of defeat.

Inter d'Escaldes are a team you'd expect every club in the Scottish Championship to comfortably beat. Losing to them would be among the worst results in the history of Raith or Dunfermline, never mind Hibs. It's the kind of hugely mismatched European tie where you could reasonably expect a margin of 7, 8 or 9 on aggregate.

It's true enough to say this will easily be forgotten if they go and win the second leg, but Johnson playing it down as not being embarrassing is the kind of arrogance you've come to expect which makes people hate him.

Last season Inter drew with Cluj from Romania, who are regulars in European group stage football - they did lose the return 3-0 but think you are perhaps underestimating the standard. Its a poor result for Hibs but in no way the embarrassment some are making out.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Both Will Fish and Dylan Vente should be available for the home leg next week. You may even see Obita back from injury.

I'll probably receive pelters for this however I just have an inkling Hibs (despite yesterdays result) will finish third this season. You've added Levitt and Vente while securing Youan permanently and resigning Will Fish on loan. Whatever the case third is going to be very close for those involved.

I fully anticipate Levitt, Boyle, Youan and Vente to cause defences in Scotland problems. You have a very decent side however you need to hope Jojo Wollacott (the goalie) is competent as Marshall needs dropped.  

Well some possibly but I'm happy to open myself up to them too as I think the reaction to this has been way OTT. 

Of-course its an embarrassing result and incredibly frustrating for those who made the trip but at this stage it's just a blip. There were rumblings last season but by and large I thought there was an acceptance that it was fine and we played decent enough football to merit a second season from Johnson so to see it turn like this, frankly I'm more pissed off with the fan reaction than the game.

All this stuff about him being a *&$%! or whatever, we knew that when we hired him.  I was against hiring him at the time but really I think his knobbiness has been overstated to a large degree. Also f**k paying off another manager who we're unlikely to replace with someone materially better. There are probably many managers who are sound and 'get' what it is to be a Hibs manager, but there's no guarantee they'll be good and before long they'll get called a *%$&" anyway because why not. 

I'm not sure we'll finish third this season, mostly on the basis that I'll need to see Hearts and Aberdeen play first, and also see Hibs put in some proper performances, but I think we'll comfortably be within the pack chasing 3rd-5th. 

A bit like the LC Group stage - I think that operating in the early rounds in Europe is a thing that requires a certain approach from pre-season onwards. I think a lot of the smaller european teams that are around at this stage are doing it every year and have adapted to it while we just haven't. Regardless of the evidence going back years, Scottish football doesn't take this stuff seriously enough and the results are pretty obvious.

Lee Johnson, exactly like Alexander for us last year, doesn't have any knowledge or experience of Europe and it shows. Hibs will still win quite comfortably next week though.