5 hours ago, Zing. said:

I’m starting to thoroughly dislike this group of wee fannies.

Bunch of wee weirdos, limit their Twitter replies and blur their faces in pictures despite being shown on telly. Saw them getting chased by police after the game at McDiarmid Park last season, bad enough they were all looking like absolute tools in matching windbreakers and sunglasses when the game ended

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Were they also embarrassing themselves acting like hard men? If so, then yes, cringe.

I have no issue with the young boys from any team trying to add a bit atmosphere, in fact I think it's good for Scottish football. Leave the fake big man patter at home though.

I saw that the "Trendies" were at Dens yesterday. 

Right, f**k this "Hibs are a shambles, another sacked manager" nonsense.

Question for the P&B Hibbies going to Birmingham.

Wheres everyone thinking of going for the pre match sesh? Our hotel is only a few mins from New St Station, and close to Broad St / Jewellery Quarter.

No 100% sure where we are all meeting yet, but any thoughts?

Certainly dont want to be like the Lucerne guys when they were over here, they spent most of the day in the Abbey Buffet in Newington ( a shithole).

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Wheres everyone thinking of going for the pre match sesh? Our hotel is only a few mins from New St Station, and close to Broad St / Jewellery Quarter.

Certainly dont want to be like the Lucerne guys when they were over here, they spent most of the day in the Abbey Buffet in Newington ( a shithole).

Has the gentrification of Leith caused you to grow a hipster beard and seek out craft ale? The Abbey isn't the greatest pub but I wouldn't call it a shithole (although the Lucerne boys should have gone to the Cask Southside and sampled Orkney Best)

The Grapes- now there's a shithole.

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Arcadian Centre is the place to be according to the official club website. 

Getting the bus down for this early Thursday morning and back up the road after the game. Strangely looking forward to the day out.  

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Has the gentrification of Leith caused you to grow a hipster beard and seek out craft ale? The Abbey isn't the greatest pub but I wouldn't call it a shithole (although the Lucerne boys should have gone to the Cask Southside and sampled Orkney Best)

Oddly enough, I do have a "lazy mans" beard most days and try to drink real ale.

I agree on Cask, and was perhaps overzealous about The Abbey...........as you say, its not The Grapes !!!

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Arcadian Centre is the place to be according to the official club website. 

Getting the bus down for this early Thursday morning and back up the road after the game. Strangely looking forward to the day out.  

A friend has suggested the Arcadian is a bit of a soulless joint - think we are going to head to Broad Street, lots of pubs and restaurants there and the canal area.

Have a great trip (match aside !).

Is there anywhere in Edinburgh likely to show the St Johnstone game on 23rd September? 

We're out for lunch and might have time to catch the second half. If not, then any pub with soccer Saturday on will work. 

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Oddly enough, I do have a "lazy mans" beard most days and try to drink real ale.

I agree on Cask, and was perhaps overzealous about The Abbey...........as you say, its not The Grapes !!!

A friend has suggested the Arcadian is a bit of a soulless joint - think we are going to head to Broad Street, lots of pubs and restaurants there and the canal area.

At least we’ll be there to see Hibs win 6-0 on the night. BBF9198E-6D77-4ACC-85BE-7FF9ACD29277.png.33c4784dd49a10711583b52475b0886e.png

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You from Southside mate? Abbey used to be a great pub as was the pub before it turned into the Cask.  Grapes agree is probably the worst.  Prefer the Horse these days. 

For those of you going down who don't know the area, Birmingham s very hard to get wrong if you're looking for a day out on the bevvy. You should really just tip up and stroll round the city centre. There are good boozers literally every few steps. It's a great place for bevvying. Vastly under-rated as a boozing destination.

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You from Southside mate? Abbey used to be a great pub as was the pub before it turned into the Cask.  Grapes agree is probably the worst.  Prefer the Horse these days. 

While The Grapes is quite rightly being described as a Shithole, at least it's no longer a dangerous shithole. When I was younger, you couldn't walk past without witnessing the full-throttle paggerings. 

Whereas last time I was in Edinburgh, I went past on the bus and spotted two - yes, two - mobility scooters parked outside. 

20 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

went past on the bus and spotted two - yes, two - mobility scooters parked outside. 

I think those guys are regulars, I stay nearby and they are parked outside almost every morning.

Probably the guys that used to fight years ago 😂

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

For those of you going down who don't know the area, Birmingham s very hard to get wrong if you're looking for a day out on the bevvy. You should really just tip up and stroll round the city centre. There are good boozers literally every few steps. It's a great place for bevvying. Vastly under-rated as a boozing destination.

Agreed, though there is a big brewdog so it's not all good news