FIFA 18

FifeArab

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after liquidating my Scottish squad and all its in-form goodness (and making a crushing loss in doing so), I've got around 75k in coins left.  However, after pretty much maxing out my Serie A squad in terms of bang-for-buck without dropping a lot of money on IFs, I've hit the point where I don't really need to spend it.  So, should I spend it on...

• IF 88 Icardi - is he better than a normal Mertens card to play with?  I'm very tempted, as all Mertens has done when he's not scoring sublime goals is get injured.  It's going to eat up most of those coins though
  • Waste it on Squad Building challenges.  Think I could get through a few of the components of some of them, which should yield some packs at least, and maybe let me build for eventually finishing off one of the SBCs at some point
  • Waste it on packs that I'll get nothing of note from anyway
  • Keep the money and try and build up for a really great IF card

3 hours ago, forameus said:

So after liquidating my Scottish squad and all its in-form goodness (and making a crushing loss in doing so), I've got around 75k in coins left.  However, after pretty much maxing out my Serie A squad in terms of bang-for-buck without dropping a lot of money on IFs, I've hit the point where I don't really need to spend it.  So, should I spend it on...

• IF 88 Icardi - is he better than a normal Mertens card to play with?  I'm very tempted, as all Mertens has done when he's not scoring sublime goals is get injured.  It's going to eat up most of those coins though
  • Waste it on Squad Building challenges.  Think I could get through a few of the components of some of them, which should yield some packs at least, and maybe let me build for eventually finishing off one of the SBCs at some point
  • Waste it on packs that I'll get nothing of note from anyway
  • Keep the money and try and build up for a really great IF card

Who are you playing Mertens with? I play him with IF Icardi and both have scored about 380 goals and assisted over 280 times in about 480 games each. As a pairing they are superb.

Playing a 3-4-3, so him in between of Callejon and Insigne.  

EDIT: Callejon has been punted to the bench, with Mertens moving out to the right to accomodate the 100k 89 rated Icardi IF.  b*****d better be worth it.

Another week of Squad Battles, so another featured squad.  Saw it this week labelled as Man Utd Legends.  Interesting choice, probably going to get a good mix of normal players and icons that have played for them, right?

Well, kind of.  Schmeichel is in there, Ferdinand, Pogba, Ronaldo.  Alongside Pele, Maradona, Messi and Roberto Carlos.  That's just FIFA and modern football all over isn't it?  Not sure why it annoyed me so much.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

Another week of Squad Battles, so another featured squad.  Saw it this week labelled as Man Utd Legends.  Interesting choice, probably going to get a good mix of normal players and icons that have played for them, right?

Well, kind of.  Schmeichel is in there, Ferdinand, Pogba, Ronaldo.  Alongside Pele, Maradona, Messi and Roberto Carlos.  That's just FIFA and modern football all over isn't it?  Not sure why it annoyed me so much.

Yeah would have been a great chance to get a Variety squad. Throw the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher, Evra, etc

I agree with post above that FUT is now stale. the League SBCs have took the piss and just arent worthwhile releasing now.

FIFA Clubs isnt worth it because its so broken. Players not improving being a major issue since release. Standard players being far to slow compared to midget pace abusers who shoot past even with a 10 yard start. would be great for the mode to get a make over but it simply doesnt fill EAs pockets so wont.

Archived