Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

She had to return some clothes last week and I had a day off. Had an appointment at Specsavers in town so volunteered to return the items. Was told there was a bag of clothes in the hall with the receipts inside. I grab the bag and return the clothes before returning home with my new lenses in the same bag with the receipts.

Now I put this bag on a chair in the living room and forgot about it. Now I've had a text to ask why I didn't return a couple of the items (they were in a separate bag that I wasn't told about) and that she can't find the receipts.  Apparently my lenses are sitting out on the chair but the bag itself has disappeared.

So basically she's binned the bag with the receipts in it and is now blaming me for not returning the items that I didn't know needed returned.

#logic

She "seperated" clothes for chucking out and others for dry cleaning. I took a couple of bags to cash for clothes and got nearly enough for a pint.

Unfortunately it was the wrong bags and i had sold about 10 years worth of evening wear she had wanted to spruce up. It was over a bank holiday and she didn't trust me to actually go and ask for them back. By the time she got there they had been shipped off to distribution centre.

The names i got called would have shamed a sailor. Still i got a pint and seldom get asked to do anything that involves margin for error.

Here's a tip for you clowns.

Write up all the stuff you are doing in the future on an appointments calendar and make your partner read it on a regular basis.

If there is still a problem you can stand there wearing a cape and mortar board pointing at the thing with a fucking big stick showing them where they went wrong.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

I've noticed this behaviour in my missus as well. Either that, or the day before/morning of the day I've plans on she will make a suggestion that we do something and then throw a fit when I complain about having told her a while back I had made plans. I've been trying to decide recently whether or not I should call her out on it. So far I've gone for the easy option of having the argument in my head.

I'm too lazy to put appointments in my phone, and too forgetful to remember them all, so now I just tell her and she puts them in her phone. Then she'll say to me "you're playing pool with Graeme on Saturday" or some such, and I'll be where I'm supposed to be. I've no idea why she puts up with this process, but it means that she never gets annoyed by clashing schedules, so makes my life a lot easier.
My only concern is that she could if she desired quite easily filter out anything she didn't want me doing. But I suppose I'd work that out eventually.

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Your missus must have tremendous tits/be a cracking ride/be loaded. That's the only things I can assume.

Yeah I married up and she apparently was slumming it. :lol: Might have something to do with me slamming it to her like a mad man. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Well she's certainly got one massive tit in her life.

:lol: Spot on.

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Your missus must have tremendous tits/be a cracking ride/be loaded. That's the only things I can assume.

12 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Well she's certainly got one massive tit in her life.

he can grovel better than any other man as well, mr x will agree to that

11 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

If I was going out every weekend without her then that'd obviously be a problem but it's very rare. A lot of my friends go out with her friends anyway so most of the time we're all out together. It's only ever an issue when I try to appease her by saying I'll be straight home after the football knowing full well I'll likely end up going to the pub. I'll need to stop that. That said, I don't give a f**k if she goes to the pub with folk from work or her friends etc so expect the same treatment.

We've both started our first 'real' jobs this summer after finishing Uni and aren't seeing each other as much during the week, so looking forward to the 'we never spend time together' patter on Saturdays when I'm away to the football.

oofftt you're humped mate, mines works mostly weekend backshift and nights on the NHS, i work constant mornings and then have my sunday football, my midweek day off ive grudgingly accepted that we need to have lunch and an afternoon maybe for a few jars, even though my midweek day off id like to just fucking relax

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not on FB so generally 'don't get it' but one thing that always baffles me is these folk who hit FB as soon as someone dies. To me it's attention seeking and all about that person, not the person who's died.

My papa (f**k the haters!) has been given weeks to live and I can guarantee within an hour of his death my cousin will be on social media hoovering up the sympathy and Likes. Even if I was on FB the last thing on my mind would be to broadcast the death of a loved one, I'll be shattered. It's the way things are written as well: "I'm going to miss you and hoped you know I loved you etc." Do these fuckwits think the dead have access to the internet?!

On top of that, usually the dead gran/grandad weren't on Facebook when they were alive so it's unlikely they've set up an account in the afterlife.

Eta: That's just given me a tremendous idea. Freak the attention seeking c***s out by registering an account with their grandparents' name and photo and 'like' their "I miss you xxx" post.

Edited by Dee Man

When my old boy died, I had folk I knew from a while ago posting things on Facebook about how sad it was, they were a good guy etc. Same folk didn't send us a message or anything, purely showboating for the likes of the masses. Ghouls. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not on FB so generally 'don't get it' but one thing that always baffles me is these folk who hit FB as soon as someone dies. To me it's attention seeking and all about that person, not the person who's died.

My papa (f**k the haters!) has been given weeks to live and I can guarantee within an hour of his death my cousin will be on social media hoovering up the sympathy and Likes. Even if I was on FB the last thing on my mind would be to broadcast the death of a loved one, I'll be shattered. It's the way things are written as well: "I'm going to miss you and hoped you know I loved you etc." Do these fuckwits think the dead have access to the internet?!

This pretty much somes it up, they always wanna make it about themselves.. I am going to miss you.. I loved you etc. If you have to put something on facebook about someone that's croaked it recently surely it should be like an obituary ie. John was a good lad he done X, Y and Z in his life..he died peacefuly leaving a wife, a mistress and several secret children etc etc.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They have the Cloud in heaven....

This pretty much somes it up, they always wanna make it about themselves.. I am going to miss you.. I loved you etc. If you have to put something on facebook about someone that's croaked it recently surely it should be like an obituary ie. John was a good lad he done X, Y and Z in his life..he died peacefuly leaving a wife, a mistress and several secret children etc etc.

Yip, grief junkies.

They have the Cloud in heaven....

giphy.gif

She complains that our daughter always runs to her for cuddles when she's hurt. Complains she always has to do it

When I'm there and my daughter falls. I pick her up cuddle her, say it'll be ok. Then my missus is suddenly beside us, taking our daughter and telling her "mum will make it ok"

When I ask what the f**k she's doing , she tells me she's comforting our daughter as I do it wrong.

Cue me walking off in the huff and telling her she's a c**t.

She complains that our daughter always runs to her for cuddles when she's hurt. Complains she always has to do it
When I'm there and my daughter falls. I pick her up cuddle her, say it'll be ok. Then my missus is suddenly beside us, taking our daughter and telling her "mum will make it ok"
When I ask what the f**k she's doing , she tells me she's comforting our daughter as I do it wrong.
Cue me walking off in the huff and telling her she's a c**t.

Stop tripping your daughter up? It is funny though when children fall over so it'll tough to do but it would solve the issue

15 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Stop tripping your daughter up? It is funny though when children fall over so it'll tough to do but it would solve the issue

f**k that, it's too funny. 

Yesterday she ran face first straight into a wall because I'd moved the mattress that normally leans against it. Huge lump one her head but hysterical

Opening the post, and leaving it lying on the corner part of the sofa where i sit, then fucking off to do something else. When challenged on this, I always get "I was going to move it"

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

It's the sheer weight of the words. Research says women use 20,000 a day and blokes 7,000. She never misses that target and I'm sure I could get change out of 3,000.

This is a fair point. When I get home from work I've often spent a chunk of day in meetings having to talk to imbeciles. If I'm not in meetings I'm emailing imbeciles or having to talk to them on the phone. I have little desire to carry on this dynamic in the confines of my own home, so will exchange the minimum dialogue possible to maintain cordial relationships, and hope for quiet. She often works from home, however, and despite the fact that she'll often be on the phone to the office for a chunk of the day, a result of her isolation is that she has built up a burning desire to share inconsequential minutiae of the day with me. She gets annoyed when I make it clear that I'm not interested, or say "skip to the end", etc.

She has also cottoned on to the fact that whenever I say "yes, that's fine", or "sure we can do that", what I actually mean is that the path of least resistance for me is simply not having to have a conversation about anything. She could probably get me to agree to almost anything, purely on the basis that I can't be bothered debating the dubious merits of whatever her latest "fun thing for the weekend" is.

Edited by milton75