Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Similar to choosing a film and falling asleep: moaning at me to stop watching one of my programmes and put something on she'll like as well then her falling asleep after 10 minutes and me going back to watching my original programme.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Similar to choosing a film and falling asleep: moaning at me to stop watching one of my programmes and put something on she'll like as well then her falling asleep after 10 minutes and me going back to watching my original programme.

^^^^^This

Something similar has been mentioned before I think but anyway. My wee one is a cracking sleeper and is rarely up before half 8 and never up before 8: unless my mrs is early shift. My early shifts vary and I'm up at either 3:45am/4:20am/5:30am/6am and not once have I left the house having woken the wee one up. She on the other hand has failed miserably to leave the house without waking her up before 8am. The most annoying thing is that this now completely fucks up her routine and she'll become cranky as f**k at some point during the day.

I've just went and picked the bairn up and lay her in bed next to me until the Mrs fucks off to work because I'm so furious I know if I go downstairs there's no way I'll avoid an argument.

Every fucking time! :angry:

Edited to add: she's shouted up asking why I'm not bringing her down and I'd say my response can only be described as 'Shots Fired'.

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It would be interesting to see the shadow thread to this - I bet our habits are even worse!!

emoji23.png

Are they f*ck.  Get out.

"He asked what was wrong, so I replied "I'm fine" but in such a way that he would know that I was anything but fine.  Thinking he was my soul mate and would know something was wrong, I expected him to instantly drop everything to come to my aid, but he just said "good" and went to the pub"

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Are they f*ck.  Get out.
"He asked what was wrong, so I replied "I'm fine" but in such a way that he would know that I was anything but fine.  Thinking he was my soul mate and would know something was wrong, I expected him to instantly drop everything to come to my aid, but he just said "good" and went to the pub"

"He's overly literal. He says things he means and expects other people to as well"

"He's too good looking"

"He makes me so aroused that I can't focus"

Bloody dames, always whinging.

Are they f*ck.  Get out.

Wasn't quite that but I'd agreed an evening out with some associates, she came hame in a shite mood, want me to stay in I offered and no I was told...within a few hours the messages came, can't believe you went out, what am I going to do tonight, you could see I was in a bad mood. Me repeating the truth "you knew I was going out and said it was fine" was just seemed to make things worse.

Nine times out of ten, if I have plans, especially so when they've been planned for a relatively long time, on the allotted day she will announce she's exhausted or unwell and needs me on hand to assist with the kids. This has been going on for years, long before we became parents. The old excuse was that she was unhappy, unwell, depressed etc and needed me, now it's the kids. Happens so often I can set my watch by it.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Nine times out of ten, if I have plans, especially so when they've been planned for a relatively long time, on the allotted day she will announce she's exhausted or unwell and needs me on hand to assist with the kids. This has been going on for years, long before we became parents. The old excuse was that she was unhappy, unwell, depressed etc and needed me, now it's the kids. Happens so often I can set my watch by it.

Yep.  She won't specifically say that she wants me to hang about, but i'm left in no doubt that I shouldn't be going out.

Yep.  She won't specifically say that she wants me to hang about, but i'm left in no doubt that I shouldn't be going out.

Likewise. It's not usually expressly said, it's implied heavily until I'm expected to be forced to offer.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Likewise. It's not usually expressly said, it's implied heavily until I'm expected to be forced to offer.

Ahhhh, but when you say "ok, i'll cancel" you get the whole "no it's ok, just go out" except it's absolutely not ok.