Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Out for dinner yesterday for her bday and she forced me to give my phone to our daughter so she could look at my pictures. I go to the toilet with our son and when I come back she is raging with me because the daughter has found the picture of Katie price with excrement on her. I don’t think I did anything wrong. My phone isn’t anyone else’s business.

People's phones I would give to the kids to scroll through before I gave them Throbbers:

Ian Watkins

Patrick Bateman

Andrew Tate

Pol Pot

Pinochet

Belzebub

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

People's phones I would give to the kids to scroll through before I gave them Throbbers:

Ian Watkins

Patrick Bateman

Andrew Tate

Pol Pot

Pinochet

Belzebub

Pretty reasonable. It was just awful because all her family were round at a nice eatery and then that happened. They probably think I’m a bad influence.

16 hours ago, scottsdad said:

She said to me earlier "Why not take tomorrow off work? You don't have any meetings or anything."

my brain:

FUbjGT4WQAA9iHs.png

"Yes, you can paint the back bedroom, make a start on wallpapering the hall, if it's dry the grass needs cut..." And on and on.

I'd rather work tbh.

This sounds like my weekends too. 

18 minutes ago, throbber said:

Pretty reasonable. It was just awful because all her family were round at a nice eatery and then that happened. They probably think I’m a bad influence.

Have you ever thought of filming your life for an obscure telly channel or the internet? I'm sure there's several people world wide would watch.

30 minutes ago, throbber said:

Were they onto the chocolate mousse desert at that stage? 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you ever thought of filming your life for an obscure telly channel or the internet? I'm sure there's several people world wide would watch.

I would be a bit like Tom Green.

44 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Ian Watkins

Patrick Bateman

Andrew Tate

Pol Pot

Pinochet

Belzebub

No Huw Edwards on the list.

Interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Were they onto the chocolate mousse desert at that stage? 

Nah we didn’t have a desert thankfully. It was a herringbone restaurant which I’d highly recommend.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Out for dinner yesterday for her bday and she forced me to give my phone to our daughter so she could look at my pictures. I go to the toilet with our son and when I come back she is raging with me because the daughter has found the picture of Katie price with excrement on her. I don’t think I did anything wrong. My phone isn’t anyone else’s business.

You say that now, but....

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Give me strength

Incessantly nagged? Also the child will reach into my pocket to get my phone out so she was forcing my hand as well. I am the real victim here.

On 16/08/2024 at 14:20, scottsdad said:

Not infuriating but thought I would share.

We were at Sainsbury's in Linlithgow at lunchtime. Walking into the shop and there are a few teenagers outside. A lassie said something I didn't catch, and this boy said "Don't be so f**king ridiculous. Honestly, you are a moron"

You know that voice Kevin Bridges does when doing a posh Scottish accent? The boy sounded like that.

I was a step ahead, but the wife stopped. She gave him a look and said "If someone spoke to my daughter like that, I'd punch his teeth in." This lad was about 15 and several inches taller than her. He just stared at his shoes.

The wife then moved on. She then said to me, loud enough for them all to hear "Did you hear that? The way boys think they can talk to girls?"

Honestly, I was proud.

Kid 1 has started calling her old bat 'Mummy' and I have to catch myself from making the Limmy 'that accent' face every time she does it. 

ETA - is there an 'Infuriating Things Your b*****d Weans Do' thread or does Pregnancy & Parenting cover such?

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Kid 1 has started calling her old bat 'Mummy' and I have to catch myself from making the Limmy 'that accent' face every time she does it. 

ETA - is there an 'Infuriating Things Your b*****d Weans Do' thread or does Pregnancy & Parenting cover such?

I think that's definitely an untapped market.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was thinking about making an infuriating things your children do thread right enough.

I think it'd be fine up until someone piped in with 'doing 20 years for the old dear he burgled having a heart attack when she rumbled him and him getting done for murder' and that'd kinda kill it. 

ETA - maybe make it an 'Annoying Things Your Prepubescent b*****d Weans Do' which should cut out the potential crime and inevitable perma-wanking. 

Edited by carpetmonster

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I think it'd be fine up until someone piped in with 'doing 20 years for the old dear he burgled having a heart attack when she rumbled him and him getting done for murder' and that'd kinda kill it. 

ETA - maybe make it an 'Annoying Things Your Prepubescent b*****d Weans Do' which should cut out the potential crime and inevitable perma-wanking. 

IMG_0152.gif

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I didn’t even knowingly save it to my phone someone sent it over what’s app. I also had a picture of Ian bothams penis which fortunately went unnoticed.

:lol:

I didn’t even knowingly save it to my phone someone sent it over what’s app. I also had a picture of Ian bothams penis which fortunately went unnoticed.

I only found out quite recently Whatsapp auto-saves any images from chats to your photo stream. I can't be arsed to work out how to make it not do that, so I just delete stuff periodically. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

I only found out quite recently Whatsapp auto-saves any images from chats to your photo stream. I can't be arsed to work out how to make it not do that, so I just delete stuff periodically. 

Just open the app and then settings - chats then you can just unselect save to photos