The DUP

Blootoon87

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

This thread seems to have turned into a rather illuminating look into the mindset of the failed statelet.

Justifying ethnic profiling because 'The State' do it

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

Oh dear. Nobody has justified it, nor done anything like that.

5 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

This thread seems to have turned into a rather illuminating look into the mindset of the failed statelet.

Justifying ethnic profiling because 'The State' do it

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

Ethnic, nah, same people no matter what some might say.

Crikey, somebody asks about profiling and all hell breaks out. The State has been using it for years in crime detection/terrorism. Hardly a big deal but a few on here lost it because clever as they make out, they couldn't define what they were on about.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Who gives a fuk about someones name. Few bigots on here this eve

You appear to be missing the point entirely JLD. It's not that anyone gives a f**k about folks names, it is more the reality that in a deeply divided city many still name their progeny for tribal reasons and, consequently, that makes them identifiable. Nobody appears to be saying that this is a good thing, nor should they.

3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

The working class folks in Belfast are mostly brand new, same as any city.

The biggest snotty nosed bigots i ever met in the Wee Six lived in suburbia.

Obviously they had done well out of the Fake State.

Agreed, although the "dick" quotient is still too high for the aforementioned tribal reasons. It will take many years............

Also, many of the suburbia dwellers on both sides made it big from the misery of others, and many of them were working class.

I used to regularly fall out of pubs on the Falls and New Lodge back in my hospital days and met many, many sound people,although I was always glad of the company of locals to ensure my "safety". I also avoided mentioning that I was a Linfield fan.

4 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:
1 hour ago, Glenconner said:
 Crikey, somebody asks about profiling and all hell breaks out. The State has been using it for years in crime detection/terrorism. Hardly a big deal but a few on here lost it because clever as they make out, they couldn't define what they were on about.

The fact states use profiling, (and many do), as pointed out be Glenconner, is hardly indicative of bigotry on either side's part.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not sure whether someone called Siobhan is likely to know what the DUP are up to. If you want to know what's happening in NI you are better off reading what they are saying in the Belfast Telegraph or the News Letter or checking out the Slugger O'Toole website. Given Buckfast is made by Cistercian monks why would the DUP be fans of it?

This is how this started and if you look at the original tweet the article linked was in The Times and written by Tim Shipman so f**k knows what prompted your response. Then again, I'm surprised your PUL alarm bells weren't triggered by a Tim writing the article.

You appear to be missing the point entirely JLD. It's not that anyone gives a f**k about folks names, it is more the reality that in a deeply divided city many still name their progeny for tribal reasons and, consequently, that makes them identifiable. Nobody appears to be saying that this is a good thing, nor should they.

Fair enough... didn't read all the pages tbh...

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Saddest part of the Wee Six politics was the complete lack of trust

Fixed that for you. Add in segregation on an industrial scale and the promulgation of the idea that the "other side" had two heads and ate babies.