The DUP

Blootoon87

Actually I don't mind Daniel O'Donnell, although he wouldn't be my first choice of listening. Our daughter just thinks he's wonderful, and wasn't very happy when someone referred to him as Daniel O'Doodle.

28 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Should be a cracking evening!emoji6.pngemoji106.png

30 euro a ticket, according to Radio Ulster this morning. Seems a steal. Although who's doing the stealing is another question...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Actually I don't mind Daniel O'Donnell, although he wouldn't be my first choice of listening. Our daughter just thinks he's wonderful, and wasn't very happy when someone referred to him as Daniel O'Doodle.

Decent guy when having a pint,used to visit my local in phd where his auntie worked when he was singing in aberdeen

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Decent guy when having a pint,used to visit my local in phd where his auntie worked when he was singing in aberdeen

He comes across as a very pleasant chap, and I think he is in real life also.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He comes across as a very pleasant chap, and I think he is in real life also.

I used to work with a woman who was a huge fan of his, she and her sister would go to concerts all over the place to see him ,when her elderly aunt died he had found this out and sent flowers to them ,next time they were at one of his shows he made a point of having a chat   and a cup of tea. Apparently this isn't unusual for him at all, but unlike many"caring" artists who would make sure the media hear of it he just does it...top guy.

You clearly need help. Used to have to listen to this sort of stuff sometimes due to working with a relative who liked this sort of what can loosely be described as music and it stood out as absolutely excrutiating and that was with the one and only Sydney Devine also getting a regular airing as well:

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You clearly need help. Used to have to listen to this sort of stuff sometimes due to working with a relative who liked this sort of what can loosely be described as music and it stood out as absolutely excrutiating and that was with the one and only Sydney Devine also getting a regular airing as well:

What are you talking about? That song is great.

The Daniel O'Donnell songs I heard on YouTube were very awkward covers of US country classics and Christian hymns. He butchered Hank Williams and one of my favorite hymns, How Great Thou Art.