The DUP

Blootoon87

39 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

The whole problem with that final bit is we control about 30% of our economy and a socially just society is never going to happen in Tory Britain. That's basically why i want independence.......full control, no more excuses.

22 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Ehm we would control the other 60% like every other European nation. You canny espouse that you want Scotland to have a better economy and have a socially just society whilst not giving a shite about Scotland not having the means to do so. That view is not compatible.

And what about the other 10%? (Or is that "whataboutery"?)

^^^^ So now we are back to the William Ulsterman stereotype despite having written the following:

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...The Orange Order merits criticism over many things such as chronically bad dress sense and taste in music and still banging on about differing brands of sky fairy worship well over 100 years on from the voyage of the Beagle and the works of Nietzsche,...

But oh aye don't bother with what somebody actually writes, because you can magically discern some unstated hidden motive based on a mix of paranoia and prejudice.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

^^^^ So now we are back to the William Ulsterman stereotype despite having written the following:
But oh aye don't bother with what somebody actually writes, because you can magically discern some unstated hidden motive based on a mix of paranoia and prejudice.

You're just so far over to the one side without even realising it that you will just never see or understand why people are saying these things about you.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Head's gone. 

I agree that DeeTillEhDie has lost the plot. Not a lot of point arguing with people who are not responding to what you actually write but to what their base irrational prejudices convince them you actually meant, so over and out for now until this thread returns to its actual subject matter, which is the DUP.

I agree that DeeTillEhDie has lost the plot. Not a lot of point arguing with people who are not responding to what you actually write but to what their base irrational prejudices convince them you actually meant, so over and out for now until this thread returns to its actual subject matter, which is the DUP.

He was accusing you of having a head's gone - or rather the brain cell gone.

19 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The only person continually mentioning William Ulsterman here is you, in a really unsuccessful deflection strategy.

What we're trying to get to the root of is why you felt it necessary to fap out that nonsense about the Sunday Herald front page, when you supposedly "oppose" the Orange Order, and why you always seem to be on call to wring your hands when a protestant bigot from Northern Ireland or Scotland needs defending. The suspicion is that you're a bigot sympathiser /fellow travller ( something your acontextual "condemnation" above doesn't really address, at all).

I doubt we'll get an answer, though, as you appear to have run away from what is an uncomfortable position. Feel fee to post "^^^^nutter" or some such in response. After all, it really worked last time, didn't it?

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that none of the usual suspects in threads like this felt a need to comment on this story from the heart of the Gerrymander:

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/dup-mp-s-surprising-pride-message-1-8090152

An apparent message of support for people taking part in the Belfast Pride event on Saturday from DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly has been described as “a surprise” by a party colleague...Former DUP member Ruth Patterson, who now sits as an independent on Belfast City Council, said there are likely others in her former party who take a different approach to homosexuality than the traditionally socially conservative stance the party has taken in the past. Ms Patterson said: “I saw that tweet and I certainly welcome Emma’s comments. I think she is right to make those comments in her capacity as MP for South Belfast. “It is good to see that there are some people in the DUP who are not opposed to that way of life. At the end of the day, who are we to judge anyone and the way they live their lives. “I myself have a gay son and I love him very, very much...

I guess having Ulster Unionist politicians failing to conform to the prevailing bible thumpers stuck in a 17th century time warp stereotype doesn't afford the opportunity to have a go at the other lot, so...

tumbleweed3.jpg

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Surprised that none of the usual suspects in threads like this felt a need to comment on this story from the heart of the Gerrymander:

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/dup-mp-s-surprising-pride-message-1-8090152

An apparent message of support for people taking part in the Belfast Pride event on Saturday from DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly has been described as “a surprise” by a party colleague...Former DUP member Ruth Patterson, who now sits as an independent on Belfast City Council, said there are likely others in her former party who take a different approach to homosexuality than the traditionally socially conservative stance the party has taken in the past. Ms Patterson said: “I saw that tweet and I certainly welcome Emma’s comments. I think she is right to make those comments in her capacity as MP for South Belfast. “It is good to see that there are some people in the DUP who are not opposed to that way of life. At the end of the day, who are we to judge anyone and the way they live their lives. “I myself have a gay son and I love him very, very much...

I guess having Ulster Unionist politicians failing to conform to the prevailing bible thumpers stuck in a 17th century time warp stereotype doesn't afford the opportunity to have a go at the other lot, so...

You really think politicians acting like normal human beings is something to be noted?

...and is also clearly an Ulster Unionist. If people are as concerned about LGBT rights in TFS as they purport to be on here they should be all over this story as it is very much the first crack in the eventual collapse of the wall blocking progress there. Hopefully she won't get booted out of the DUP for doing this.