The DUP

Blootoon87

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Two SNP MPs voted against the abortion amendment - Peter Grant and Lisa Cameron.

They really need to get weirdos like them, Mason and the Ewings in the bin.

Only absolute loser outfits like the Greens actively purge their membership on issues such as abortion, trans rights etc. which are of tertiary importance to their party's supposed purpose. 

But this is all rather strange to me as for twelve years the media has insisted that SNP representatives were slavishly in thrall to whatever the party leader said.  

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...unless you are a bus company tycoon from Perth who is making large financial donations to the party.

Which has had such a massive influence on the party's stance in opposition as well as in office.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/800673.stm

On 10 July 2019 at 11:14, Dunning1874 said:

Two SNP MPs voted against the abortion amendment - Peter Grant and Lisa Cameron.

They really need to get weirdos like them, Mason and the Ewings in the bin.

Never knew Peter Grant gave up football to be an MP.

On 09/07/2019 at 15:44, NotThePars said:

https://t.co/TYfL3pVLFi

A chance here to help stick it up the DUP and do some good for Northern Ireland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48982501

Neither Baroness O'Loan nor Lord Eames are members of the DUP, nor would be DUP supporters.

• 2 months later...

A united Ireland is on the way.

A former loyalist prisoner has said that he is contemplating a united Ireland and voting for the Green Party over Brexit.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/former-loyalist-prisoner-considering-united-ireland-and-voting-green-party-over-brexit-38565825.html

Interesting that the article blames Northern Ireland unionists for not spotting the danger a Leave vote would cause for NI staying in the union.

What's your view on where things will go@Jacksgranda ? And where would you like the the end outcome to be?

27 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Interesting that the article blames Northern Ireland unionists for not spotting the danger a Leave vote would cause for NI staying in the union.

What's your view on where things will go@Jacksgranda ? And where would you like the the end outcome to be?

Depends on whether there's a deal or not. No deal is not an option. I'm not overly struck on this latest proposal, but it would be better than no deal. Sinn Fein will continue to agitate for a border poll - despite the lack of enthusiasm for one south of the border - but a united Ireland is a long way off. One lesson that has been learned from the Brexit referendum is to have detailed proposals worked out and agreed beforehand, something similar to what the Scottish Government did for the Independence referendum, although little good that did them!

The whole of the UK staying in the customs union would have been better, but I don't suppose that was ever going to happen. Actually, I was happy enough with the backstop, despite it being decried from the rooftops by unionists, it would have kept things ticking over during the transition period and would, hopefully, have been got rid of during the further negotiations.

I said before that I think the DUP over played their hand. They could have gone along with a very soft Brexit bearing in mind that NI voted to Remain, I don't think they have represented NI well, despite getting 1 billion pounds, not all of which has been forthcoming and /or spent yet, afaik. I know they campaigned for Leave, but really should have taken on board the vote in NI, while agreeing that it was a UK wide vote and result, instead of throwing their weight behind Brexit, they had little input into the negotiations as far as I could see, although I suppose they always had the option of stopping supporting the government.

How would I like to see it end? I'm coming round to a second referendum on whatever deal is cobbled together and take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not a great week for the DUP.

• The UK going to be split by a customs border on the Irish Sea
  • Abortion laws to come into line with the UK
  • Same Sex marriage to be legalised

😂

* The Teddy Bears dropping 2 points at Hearts

* Arlene catching her reflection in a glass door