The DUP

Blootoon87

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

One settler colonialist project needs to look out for the other tbf.

Wee bit different having people from Ayrshire moving to Co Antrim than having people from Warsaw, Lodz and Lvov move to Tel Aviv. The dominant culture in the RoI is also that of the Pale rather than the Gaeltacht, so where exactly do you start on the settler colonialism?

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Wee bit different having people from Ayrshire moving to Co Antrim than having people from Warsaw, Lodz and Lvov move to Tel Aviv. The dominant culture in the RoI is also that of the Pale rather than the Gaeltacht, so where exactly do you start on the settler colonialism?

I don't know who the protagonists are in your post here.

22 hours ago, NotThePars said:

One settler colonialist project needs to look out for the other tbf.

14 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I took NTP's post to be tongue in cheek.

If not, it's little wonder the USA is Israel's greatest ally...

My follow up, if he had taken the bait, was going to be that you would never see Irish Gaels expanding beyond their island out into another people's land, oh wait a minute now how about Dalriada and the Picts whom they utterly destroyed if we are going to take the Declaration of Arbroath as the gospel truth?  Maybe it's time for Scotland to reject this evil settler colonialist past as its founding myth and finally embrace its true Cumbric Welsh heritage. Down with Hamish Kenneth McAlpine! I wonder what the Welsh for something catchy like Ourselves Alone or Soldiers of Destiny would be? Let's be just like the RoI and all pretend we speak Welsh even though we really don't and add a couple of words at the end of any email we write in English and throw in a few garbled phrases into conversations every now and again as some sort of bizarre identity crisis.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the DUP that are blocking power sharing at the moment it's SF. I seriously doubt that the Stormont assembly will ever function again if a hard Brexit happens. The cash for ash stuff and the Irish Language Act were just the excuse for collapsing it not the real reason. A hard Brexit fundamentally changes the way NI is governed in a way Irish nationalists are unlikely to ever accept as  being reasonable.

My follow up, if he had taken the bait, was going to be that you would never see Irish Gaels expanding beyond their island out into another people's land, oh wait a minute now how about Dalriada and the Picts whom they utterly destroyed if we are going to take the Declaration of Arbroath as the gospel truth?  Maybe it's time for Scotland to reject this evil settler colonialist past as its founding myth and finally embrace its true Cumbric Welsh heritage. Down with Hamish Kenneth McAlpine! I wonder what the Welsh for something catchy like Ourselves Alone or Soldiers of Destiny would be? Let's be just like the RoI and all pretend we speak Welsh even though we really don't and add a couple of words at the end of any email we write in English and throw in a few garbled phrases into conversations every now and again as some sort of bizarre identity crisis.

Oooft, what an absolute state to get yourself in.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:
6 hours ago, NotThePars said:
https://t.co/TYfL3pVLFi

A chance here to help stick it up the DUP and do some good for Northern Ireland.

Football asst ref Dougie Ross voted against it

To the surprise of no one, the fucking bigoted little shit.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not the DUP that are blocking power sharing at the moment it's SF.

So if the DUP stopped blocking an Irish Language Act Sinn Fein would still refuse to go back to Stormont?

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Two SNP MPs voted against the abortion amendment - Peter Grant and Lisa Cameron.

They really need to get weirdos like them, Mason and the Ewings in the bin.

I don’t support the argument about abortion being a free vote because it’s a ‘moral issue’ but I can see there is a debate to be had.

I most certainly don’t think the same argument applies to LBGT rights as anyone who doesn’t support equal marriage is a homophobe and there’s no place for homophobia in the SNP.