Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

OK feel free to print that apology anytime you like locheeboy, not only to me but to other posters plus the EoS board you accused of being untruthful.

I hope you've learned a lesson about placing trust in the word of one man. I'll provide the cloth to wipe the egg off your face.

Wouldn't hold your breath. No-one's seen hide nor tail of @locheeboy and his mates (thinking of you @Talbot 1978 and @Kilbowie Benches) since this entirely unexpected bombshell hit...

13 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Wouldn't hold your breath. No-one's seen hide nor tail of @locheeboy and his mates (thinking of you @Talbot 1978 and @Kilbowie Benches) since this entirely unexpected bombshell hit...

I can assure you that it was no "bombshell" to most Junior posters on here and club officials. It was more of a "what took them so long"

it will be an interesting AGM that's for sure.

20 minutes ago, santheman said:

I can assure you that it was no "bombshell" to most Junior posters on here and club officials. It was more of a "what took them so long"

Bit rich coming from one of the main SJFA lickspittles on here, you've certainly changed your tune.

7 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Bit rich coming from one of the main SJFA lickspittles on here, you've certainly changed your tune.

Just keeping everyone right on how the democratic process works,

As I've said before if it turns out TJ has been bulshitting then he will be held accountable by the clubs but until that is proved  or otherwise I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was only telling us what he had been told by the SFA.

And resorting to name calling doesn't help your cause. 

The “backstop” in all of this must be the SJFA continue to exist as a separate body to cater for those clubs who want to remain Junior and out with the Pyramid.  Don’t force clubs to do what they don’t want to do.Except for Tayside clubs.

Fixed that for you.

Could somebody clarify something for me?.
Next season the EOS will operate with a top division fed by two conferences.The following season it will become a straight leagues 1,2,3.Is that correct?.

3 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

Could somebody clarify something for me?.
Next season the EOS will operate with a top division fed by two conferences.The following season it will become a straight leagues 1,2,3.Is that correct?.

There's a good chance that's the way the plan will go. A bit like the 3 Conference system this year, you probably won't have anything official until the EoS AGM.

Member clubs get the final decision. The eosfl will listen to all proposals and put the final say back in the clubs hands. The information gleaned until now suggests that all parties want a tiered league system for season 2020/21 that would apparently look as follows:

EoS Premier league

EoS championship

EoS conference 1 and EoS conference 2

Both conferences will feed the league above.... (if the ersjfa clubs South of the tay come in) 

If they don't it will likely be 3 straight leagues. 

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Member clubs get the final decision. The eosfl will listen to all proposals and put the final say back in the clubs hands. The information gleaned until now suggests that all parties want a tiered league system for season 2020/21 that would apparently look as follows:

EoS Premier league

EoS championship

EoS conference 1 and EoS conference 2

Both conferences will feed the league above.... (if the ersjfa clubs South of the tay come in) 

If they don't it will likely be 3 straight leagues. 

It better not be called Championship! :thumbsdown

The “backstop” in all of this must be the SJFA continue to exist as a separate body to cater for those clubs who want to remain Junior and out with the Pyramid.  Don’t force clubs to do what they don’t want to do.Except for Tayside clubs.

Fixed that for you.

Nobody is forcing Tayside clubs to do anything. If the SFA reconfirm the HL/LL dividing line, then the Tayside clubs do what has already been proposed for the ERJFA next season anyway, form a Tayside league and carry on as SJFA members.

44 minutes ago, santheman said:

Just keeping everyone right on how the democratic process works,

As I've said before if it turns out TJ has been bulshitting then he will be held accountable by the clubs but until that is proved  or otherwise I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was only telling us what he had been told by the SFA.

And resorting to name calling doesn't help your cause. 

Will be hard to prove anything as all information the SJFA clubs have has come from one direction! People will be left to draw their own conclusions.

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It hasn't just been TJ representing the SJFA at the PWG meetings, there has been Iain McQueen as well.

It's not about individuals - more that I doubt that more than a few clubs have done their own research on this and have been accepting what they have been fed back in good faith. I can't see the AGM being the place where many counter arguments or POVs are presented. Business tends to be telegraphed well in advance with inpromptu motions or discussions deemed incompetent. I'd have thought an EGM with the future of the SJFA as the core discussion would have more legs as a forum to discuss? I'm not a committee man these days but I have spoken to various people that have attended the AGM and they don't send back praise postcards, put it that way.

Edited by cmontheloknow

The “backstop” in all of this must be the SJFA continue to exist as a separate body to cater for those clubs who want to remain Junior and out with the Pyramid.  Don’t force clubs to do what they don’t want to do.

That's the bit I don't get in all of this. If the opportunity is there for the whole of the juniors to join the pyramid, why would any team wish to not do that ? I keep saying it, there would be no negative implications for these teams in joining the pyramid, but plenty of positive marketing opportunities.

1 hour ago, PRICEY said:

So effectively in two years time,the original EOS clubs will have played in four different league set ups?.

Nope, they will still be playing in the eosfl..... New teams moved over en masse and forced a rethink over the structure of the leagues. The eosfl is still the tier 6 feeder to the LL. The original teams still play in the same league, same association, with the same goal.... Getting to the LL. 

What is your point regarding trying to suggest there will have been 4 set ups? 

14 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

OK feel free to print that apology anytime you like locheeboy, not only to me but to other posters plus the EoS board you accused of being untruthful.

I hope you've learned a lesson about placing trust in the word of one man. I'll provide the cloth to wipe the egg off your face.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think you'll wait a long time for an apology. This locheeboy character was full of opinionated bluff and bluster with absolutely no basis for any of it and arrogantly belittled anyone making the correct observation that rules needed to be followed for the changes he said were a "done deal" to be implemented. It's precisely this type of arrogance and refusal to understand the principles and to compromise, coupled with a blinkered belief that a bit of glad handing here and there would be more than sufficient to make fundamental changes to the Pyramid, that has brought the whole "Juniors in the Pyramid" idea to a shuddering halt.

Although consistently and unabashedly demanding of an apology come the moment his own, predicted version of events came about - which they were never going to and, as we all now know, haven't - it appears he just doesn't have the necessary stature or the self effacing decency to come on here and be the one to do the apologising when it turns out it was him that was way, way wide of the mark. Some of what he posted was eye wateringly embarrassing. He can't say he wasn't warned that his eggs were piled entirely too high and in altogether the wrong basket as warned he was - countless times.

4 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think you'll wait a long time for an apology. This locheeboy character was full of opinionated bluff and bluster with absolutely no basis for any of it and arrogantly belittled anyone making the correct observation that rules needed to be followed for the changes he said were a "done deal" to be implemented. It's precisely this type of arrogance and refusal to understand the principles and to compromise, coupled with a blinkered belief that a bit of glad handing here and there would be more than sufficient to make fundamental changes to the Pyramid, that has brought the whole "Juniors in the Pyramid" idea to a shuddering halt.

Although consistently and unabashedly demanding of an apology come the moment his own, predicted version of events came about - which they were never going to and, as we all now know, haven't - it appears he just doesn't have the necessary stature or the self effacing decency to come on here and be the one to do the apologising when it turns out it was him that was way, way wide of the mark. Some of what he posted was eye wateringly embarrassing. He can't say he wasn't warned that his eggs were piled entirely too high and in altogether the wrong basket as warned he was - countless times.

Lochee boy and kilbowie were two biggest offenders and madelete themselves look a right pair of idiots. Do the decent think lad apologise then bloomer tj out the door