Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

That's the issue, as it stands, Glasgow Uni or any other non-Junior club can apply as equals to a new a new WoSFL.

On the other hand, if the WRJFA were dropped in, are they supposed to start at the bottom of the WRJFA pile? Would this discourage new clubs?

A fresh start is required to allow all interested clubs to apply and be treated equally, and allow those not interested to stay where they are.

It's not, and shouldn't be, all about the Juniors.

Starting at the bottom of the WRJFA divisions would dissuade some clubs from joining, and isn't in keeping with the way the EoSL integrated most of the  ERJFA clubs, via conferences.. 

The SOSFL need to be realistic here and end up as part of the WOSFL at a lower tier, any SOSFL teams with aspirations to climb beyond a Dumfries and Galloway League should be applying to the WOSFL. Staying as they are at tier 6 really isn’t good. It was fine to start with when the EOSFL was weaker but now the SOSFL are looking at annual humiliations by the EOSFL and WOSFL and I doubt their clubs will relish watching cricket scores. Tier 6 should be a straight East / West. Champions promoted to LL and East v West Playoff for the runners up.

Can only hope Mr Ronney knows something that I (merely looking in from the outside) don't regards west participation, Should hopefully find out more about it on the 29th at the fans meeting.
I personally couldn't care less about 134 year history of SJFA.
Take a look East. 3 seasons ago Broxburn and Fauldhouse were in the same division in the Superleague. 2 years ago they went down different paths with this season Broxburn enjoying some William Hill cup success and a recent last 32 tie against St Mirren whilst Fauldhouse currently sit behind Pumpherston and Livingston Utd (no disrespect to either club intended) in the current South Superleague.
I fully appreciate that I deliberately picked 2 clubs to suit my argument as one club has a licence whilst the other does not. I also appreciate that it's not an exact science and the West might not look the same under similar circumstances , however if the West clubs were to move en masse I know what path I would rather take.

Even drawing conparisons between the remainers & some of the smaller leavers shows whats possible. Crossgates who nearly went to the wall a few years ago had their best season in a long time & are taking small steps towards ground improvements with an eye for licensing. Oakley have began work towards floodlights. Blackburn are now fully licensed. Lastly ex-west Dunipace have had their ground transformed & are a shoe in to be licensed & reap all of the benefits that brings.

^^^

It reads: "Irvine Meadow will fully support the SJFA for any possible solutions.

"Irvine Meadow, however, would definitely express interest in any proposed West of Scoltand league set-up.

"This however would need to be discussed by shareholders and fans kept fully informed of any further developments."

Whats the feeling about this among Medda fans?

Like any club, some will be for it and some will be against it.

I’ve said from the start that this is good for the club and local football overall.

I’m also happy Meadow have came out and said something. Still too many big clubs have been completely silent on the matter.

3 hours ago, Fear no foe said:

Can only hope Mr Ronney knows something that I (merely looking in from the outside) don't regards west participation, Should hopefully find out more about it on the 29th at the fans meeting.

I personally couldn't care less about 134 year history of SJFA.

Take a look East. 3 seasons ago Broxburn and Fauldhouse were in the same division in the Superleague. 2 years ago they went down different paths with this season Broxburn enjoying some William Hill cup success and a recent last 32 tie against St Mirren whilst Fauldhouse currently sit behind Pumpherston and Livingston Utd (no disrespect to either club intended) in the current South Superleague.

I fully appreciate that I deliberately picked 2 clubs to suit my argument as one club has a licence whilst the other does not. I also appreciate that it's not an exact science and the West might not look the same under similar circumstances , however if the West clubs were to move en masse I know what path I would rather take.

Well said it was not that long ago before Gordon was on the management committee the West region were giving kilbirnie a raw deal now Gordon is shouting Mon the juniors he's a short memory.

Edited by wow-wee

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The statement from the SoSFL isn't exactly helpful to the situation either, looks like TAJ has them in his pocket......................

SSFL statement regards Scottish Football Pyramid

Fri 7 Feb, 2020

In principal, the South of Scotland Football League (SSFL) is supportive of efforts to expand “The Scottish Football Pyramid” and specifically Tier 6 of Scottish football.

SSFL recognises that to ensure “The Pyramid” covers the whole country the West of Scotland should have a League at some level.

SSFL believes that any League being introduced into “The Pyramid” should be at Tier 6, to supplement the existing Leagues at that level ie SSFL and East of Scotland Football League (EoSFL).

As part of the Pyramid Working Group, SSFL is disappointed that consensus could not be reached to develop “The Pyramid”.

SSFL opinion is that neither personal interest, whether of the individual or an individual’s club, nor historical or personal relationship issues, should be allowed to overshadow the greater good of developing the Scottish Football Pyramid.

There are some proposals being discussed to establish a new League in the West of Scotland at Tier 6.

SSFL opinion is that establishing a new League would create further divisions and ill feeling between existing Organisations and is unnecessary.

Creating a new League might mean clubs leaving their existing Organisations and the possibility of being ineligible to compete in their historical Cup Competitions.

With regards to the formation of a new League, there have been no discussions, to which SSFL has been party, with regards to subjects such as geographical boundaries for each League, nor how promotion to the Scottish Lowland League (SLFL) would be managed.

To that end, SSFL believes there may be a readymade solution to the issue of coverage within the West of Scotland.

One solution might be the SJFA West Region League structure being parachuted into “The Pyramid”.

This means there would be no requirement to establish an alternative West of Scotland League.

Whilst it would appear that some parties have issues with the SJFA and its personnel, the SSFL have no such issues with SJFA being the administration with responsibility for the West League.

Currently the SSFL and EoSFL have several differences in their Competition rules, with both also being different to SLFL rules, so sees no reason why each League should not work to their own rules.

The Scottish FA has previously indicated that they do not have the resource within their departments, especially the Disciplinary Department, to manage discipline for a large number of additional clubs.

The SJFA has had its proposed disciplinary process, to bring them into line with the Judicial Panel Protocol, audited and approved by the Scottish FA.

SSFL opinion is that as long as any play off rules and regulations are consistent for all parties, including regards for registrations and discipline, there should be consensus for progress.

SSFL calls upon all interested parties to work together within a “how we can do” mentality rather than seeking every reason for a why we can’t do.

Im not sure that that suggests the SoS are in his pocket, seems fairly reasonable statement overall, if a touch naive/hoping for the best..

It pays to be nosy by the way.

i literally just discovered last night that the SoS secretary, Richard Osborne, lives prqctically up the stairs from me.

Owns a tanning salon round the corner, run by him and his other half.

Small world......

6 hours ago, archieb said:

Option W is not about the creation of a new League, it's about declaring an existing league to be an official feeder to another existing league (with appropriate adjustments to rules and procedures being made).

As to whether it can now happen ...

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Starting at the bottom of the WRJFA divisions would dissuade some clubs from joining, and isn't in keeping with the way the EoSL integrated most of the  ERJFA clubs, via conferences.. 

As I said in the post I quoted above, the WRSJFA joining on mass is not the same as creating a new League so any additional clubs would need to be admitted according to its rules, as were Rossvale and Gartcairn a few years ago.

Also, since the old EoSL had only the one division, that was an utterly different situation to the current 4-division West League so expecting it to split into conferences for the sake of new applicants just to be 'in keeping' with what happened 2 years ago in the East is just plain daft!

As I said in the post I quoted above, the WRSJFA joining on mass is not the same as creating a new League so any additional clubs would need to be admitted according to its rules, as were Rossvale and Gartcairn a few years ago.
Also, since the old EoSL had only the one division, that was an utterly different situation to the current 4-division West League so expecting it to split into conferences for the sake of new applicants just to be 'in keeping' with what happened 2 years ago in the East is just plain daft!
A good reason then not to admit the WRJFA and press on with a fresh start via a WoSFL, open to all.

One of the issues of the West Region joining en massé is that there's no opportunity of an ambitious Amatuer club like Glasgow Uni, or Strathclyde or Oban etc. to join the pyramid at Tier 6.

If they do join en masse, maybe the West Tier 6 league should be open to 12 Junior Clubs, and up to 4 clubs from elsewhere.