Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Rivalries have nothing to do with artificial municipal boundaries.

[...]

Higher up the food chain, Ayr-Killie, Morton-St Mirren and Accies-Motherwell are all traditional derbies in different local authorities.

The fact that they’re still referred to as the Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and (a) Lanarkshire derby respectively entirely contradicts your ‘artificial boundaries don’t matter for a rivalry’ argument; not least given that Fauldhouse is itself in an entirely separate historical county to the rest of the likely WoS catchment (Ayrshire; Renfrewshire; Lanarkshire; Dunbartonshire; Argyll; Bute).

Because they have to go to tweedmouth. Which they may not 
Where we are geographically has always meant we are at the North or South of regions we are in
Travelling has never been an issue. In fact we chose to stay in the South area this season as we had built a squad based mainly in Fife.
This means almost double the mileage travelled per season than going back North.

15 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Hypothetical as it may be you are the person who posted this.

However you seem to want to allow flexibility where Luncarty are concerned.

If 200 yards or so doesnt matter how far are you advocating this can be extended to? 1 mile? 2 miles? Or is it to be decided on a club by club arbritary basis??

You're not understanding the point.  Luncarty covers both sides of the line, can you perhaps see why they would be an exception given the ground was built long before someone drew the line and the village is both north and south?  an unusual situation and similar to Harthill.

If both the village and the ground were firmly one side or the other, then they go to whatever league covers where their are, regardless of distance.

Edited by Burnie_man

You're not understanding the point.  Luncarty covers both side of the line, can you perhaps see why they would be an exception given the ground was built long before someone drew the line and the village is both north and south?  an unusual situation and similar to Harthill.
If both the village and the ground were firmly one side or the other, then they go to whatever league covers where their are, regardless of distance.
I understand you point and I reiterate I have no issue with Luncarty.

However if there is movement, no matter how small, for one team there then has to be consideration given to all teams.

The fact is that Luncarty's ground sits North of the mythical line that means Dundee and Tayside teams are excluded from entering the Lowland League.

If this is adjusted for 1 team it has to be applicable to all teams. It is black and white.

I am sure the organisations involved will sort it out.

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

However if there is movement, no matter how small, for one team there then has to be consideration given to all teams.

The fact is that Luncarty's ground sits North of the mythical line that means Dundee and Tayside teams are excluded from entering the Lowland League.

If this is adjusted for 1 team it has to be applicable to all teams. It is black and white.

It does not need to be applicable to all teams at all. Luncarty are surely an exception rather than the rule.

5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

They are an unusual case, therefore they can be treated as an exception

The line cuts the village in half, and came long after they built the ground in the village.   Can you not understand why this is different from clubs who are 1, 5 or 10 miles from the line?

Either way, as you say, it's not upto us to decide thankfully, it's the leagues involved.

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

You really arent a fan of Luncarty are you?

I have got zero issue with Luncarty - the line was drawn by someone without considering where it went. I don't think the rest of Tayside should be LL / EoS though. The original language was north / south of the Tay to separate the Level 5 leagues. That fell by the wayside but might have simplified things somewhat.

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

They are an unusual case, therefore they can be treated as an exception

The line cuts the village in half, and came long after they built the ground in the village.   Can you not understand why this is different from clubs who are 1, 5 or 10 miles from the line?

Either way, as you say, it's not upto us to decide thankfully, it's the leagues involved.

Am I right in thinking that Harthill is in south Lanarkshire largely, but the ground itself is in West Lothian? Wonder what they are thinking.

4 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Am I right in thinking that Harthill is in south Lanarkshire largely, but the ground itself is in West Lothian? Wonder what they are thinking.

North Lanarkshire, the ground is about 20 yards into West Lothian in Greenrigg, but Greenrigg and Harthill are basically one village.