Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Can’t see it either , possibly been deleted ! It was the all non SPFL clubs being in one round I believe 
Thanks for clarifying that. As you were at the recent SOSL meeting which Petrie attended did he at any time confirm the SFA backed the EOS/LL led WOSL & were the SOSL in agreement with it?

If I've understood the last few pages correctly, there is a possibility (perhaps remote) of there being two WOS Leagues created at tier 6, with only one having access to the play-offs and promotion to the LL, subject to Licensing requirements.

A choice for WRJFA clubs.  Do you want to stay in a league that is disconnected from the rest of the pyramid or do you want to join a league that offers full integration into the existing pyramid. 

If the WRJFA is successful in establishing a semi autonomous league structure within the pyramid, then why can't the ERJFA and NRJFA do the same thing and become part of the pyramid in the same way.

If the WRJFA wishes to keep all 63 clubs together, then the solution is staring them in the face ........... just recommend to ALL members that they should apply for membership of the WOSFL as proposed by the LL/EoSFL.  Job done, all clubs integrated into a structure not too dissimilar to what the WRJFA already has in place, but with the added benefit of access to Tier 5 and above..   Local rivalries would be maintained as before. No clubs are left floundering in a rump league that is no longer viable.

Simples

What is stopping that from happening?

Apparently it's "the salvation of an association"

Those few words say more about the WRJFA's initiative than anything else. 

Edited by Footballfirst

On 29/02/2020 at 13:18, Burnie_man said:

The dafty has spoken20200229_130357.jpeg20200229_131643.jpeg

Another new League ?

So now we'll have the West of Scotland League, the Awfy West of Scotland League, the South of Scotland League. The East of Scotland League and the 'We're mair East than youse' of Scotland League ....

All as feeders to the Shamanic Lowland League...

4 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Another new League ?

So now we'll have the West of Scotland League, the Awfy West of Scotland League, the South of Scotland League. The East of Scotland League and the 'We're mair East than youse' of Scotland League ....

All as feeders to the Shamanic Lowland League...

The Shamen could fix this because they could...

On 29/02/2020 at 14:10, FairWeatherFan said:

That's probably going to happen regardless.

Look at how many clubs were happy to remain in the East Region.

If clubs don't want to apply now that's fine. The WoSFL is still going to be there next year. Its not going anywhere.

Exactly

Am I wrong in thinking that the sjfa have quite simply asked the sfa to rename their current top league?

Given that it will still sit out with the pyramid and be run by the sjfa is it not just the super league rehashed and renamed?

What an awe inspiring plan......see what we will do right, is we will rename our own league to make it look and sound like their one and hopefully that will trick clubs into staying.....

'What are we doing today brain....the same thing we do every day pinky, taking over de world'........absolutely ridiculous stuff.

Apparently he thinks the SFA can order this rather than through agreement. If that was the case, the WRJFA and ERJFA would be in the Pyramid right now.

Fact is, they can't. There is also the small problem that the SFA would need to drop the LL plan and back the WRJFA. That isn't going to happen.

Where's Bamford in all of this? Surely he's in an untenable position?

Dont know but given its the head of Clydebank’s academy and one of their board he’s arguing with it shows that even if Bamford is for the wrjfa league, the others at Clydebank dont seem to be :P

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, AML67 said:
Can’t see it either , possibly been deleted ! It was the all non SPFL clubs being in one round I believe 

Thanks for clarifying that. As you were at the recent SOSL meeting which Petrie attended did he at any time confirm the SFA backed the EOS/LL led WOSL & were the SOSL in agreement with it?

I’d say he effectively did confirm that if I’m honest and the SOSFL isn’t too keen on the stranglehold the LL / EOSFL seem to have when it comes to votes they invariably back one another ! The South seemed happy to agree to the creation of the WOSFL as they believe their backing for it might be reciprocated by the new West when it comes to pushing anything through in terms of changes in the future  

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

I've read elsewhere on this thread that the new WOSl league organised by Lowland League would respect current boundaries and that it wouldn't be taking current teams from SOS league . That would obviously be something the SOS league would be happy about?

What boundaries?

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I've read elsewhere on this thread that the new WOSl league organised by Lowland League would respect current boundaries and that it wouldn't be taking current teams from SOS league . That would obviously be something the SOS league would be happy about?

South teams like everyone else out there have the chance to express an interest but whether any of them were to join I’d be surprised as they still be at Tier 6 anyway with very little chance of success against potentially some of Junior footballs best sides 

An updated story from the Record re Irvine Meadow

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayrshire-junior-side-meet-west-21612075

Ayrshire Junior side to meet West Region rep over proposed West of Scotland League
The club revealed the development in a Facebook post tonight
ByEric McGowan
21:27, 1 MAR 2020
AYRSHIRE LIVE

Irvine Meadow have expressed an interest in joining a West of Scotland League

Irvine Meadow are set to sit down with a representative of the SJFA West Region to hear their proposal for a West of Scotland League.

The club revealed the development in a Facebook post tonight - just hours after Chairman Robert Jeffrey released this statement on Meadow's stance regarding joining the SFA  pyramid.

Meadow have also brought forward a planned shareholders meeting to discuss the issue by two weeks to Sunday, March 8.

The Facebook post titled 'Pyramid' reads: "There have been further developments and it’s quite difficult to keep up with what seems to be a moving target.

"We have someone coming to our Committee meeting on Tuesday night from the West Region Juniors to explain the Juniors setting up a WOSL.

"Meanwhile the LL proposal is getting finalised at a couple of meetings this week and hopefully more information by the end of the week .

"Things are moving at pace and we intend bringing the Shareholders meeting Forward to next Sunday 8th March at 2.30pm.

"It’s short notice but things are changing swiftly."

Edit: the highlighted bit is the whole of the Facebook post.

Edited by Footballfirst

Gordon Romney is very much muddying the waters to make Junior teams not apply to new Lowland League backed West of Scotland League.

"Stuart sorry that is just completely wrong.

The LL/EoS are currently in the pyramid structure right now. All LL have licensed clubs, you need to be license to sit a tier 5.

EoS sit at tier 6 with 30% approx licences clubs. (I knew this)

The LL & The west Junior association both have application in with the SFA to be chosen as one of the options to set up a west league sitting at tier 6. To get promoted and win any play off you must have a license whether your the west winner the east winner or the south of Scotland winner.

The winner between the LL and the West juniors won’t be known until 7th June or maybe before"

Gordon Romney is very much muddying the waters to make Junior teams not apply to new Lowland League backed West of Scotland League.

The LL/EoS are currently in the pyramid structure right now. All LL have licensed clubs, you need to be license to sit a tier 5.
The LL & The west Junior association both have application in with the SFA to be chosen as one of the options to set up a west league sitting at tier 6. To get promoted and win any play off you must have a license whether your the west winner the east winner or the south of Scotland winner.

The winner between the LL and the West juniors won’t be known until 7th June or maybe before"

This gentleman does realise the sfa dont manage the league feeding the LL doesnt he?

The LL decide who feeds into their league, any decision to change promotion spots from any new feeder league will also require the eosfl and sosfl agreement.

Licensing doesnt matter in any way for tier 6.......

This keeps getting better and better....

7 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I'm taking it it's Gordon ronney that's coming to your meeting ?

9 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I was wondering where that was being said, and its Facebook.

In amongst the comments, its mentioned how Bonnyrigg and Kelty have joined the pyramid and just had their game against each other in front of 1,500+

The response "still not junior football though"

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was wondering where that was being said, and its Facebook.

In amongst the comments, its mentioned how Bonnyrigg and Kelty have joined the pyramid and just had their game against each other in front of 1,500+

The response "still not junior football though"

Do they not realise that's the League they will be feeding into?