Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

This is why this is a nonsense clubs are clubs a ll wosfl is a fresh start and a clear structure. Wrsjfa plan leaves us a half in half out scenario

Well it has to be doesn't it because this is all about the "salvation of the association".

image.png.3420a40e1a33ba1168e883acfe9d1770.png

Which reminds me of...

(knock knock!)

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, BTID said:

I’m totally confused. What would ‘going junior’ even mean with the west prem feeding into the lowland. Why is there only one tier moving?

The salvation of the association! The top league is a 'hold nose' job while the lower leagues remain proudly Junior!! Retentions and fines galore! Wha's like us!

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The salvation of the association! The top league is a 'hold nose' job while the lower leagues remain proudly Junior!! Retentions and fines galore! Wha's like us!

This just baffles me. I almost kind of get the romanticised junior grade even tho it isn’t anymore since the east jumped ship.

Just give it up, the west is in place fresh start for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Let's pose a question here if talbot and kilbirnie stay and buffs  irvine meadow etc. Go. Then the juniors lose their scottish  up place for leagues and possibly junior cup. Are they still going to be mon the juniors then. They would end up behind in just 1 season while kilwinning would be looking at licensing and talbot would have wasted money getting to the stage they r at and wouldnt be able to get licensed

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

image.png.3420a40e1a33ba1168e883acfe9d1770.png

You're welcome.

So a tweet from a committee guy, is suddenly the face of an entire proposal? I mean I could question what is wrong that he feels that way? but also could suggest that it is kinda clutching here for anything to shoot folk down surely? Why is it that everyone is incompetent bar the LL and EOS who are seemingly the anti establishment, establishment champions? 

Edited by Killiepiyo

If that is their plan then only morons would sign up to that.

And Albion Rovers would never find themselves there. Rather than go to the diet junior league, they would obviously rather sign up to the EOS or similar than that sh*tfest

I heard on Saturday morning ( and posted on here Saturday night) that the WRJFA plan is to have their top league Senior and the leagues below junior. Anyone promoted from championship has to give up junior Status and become junior, anyone getting relegated from premiership has to give up senior status and become junior.

I quoted the example of Albion Rovers who could potentially lose their place in League 2, then Lowland then west premiership and as such have their senior status removed by having to turn junior. This obviously applies to any senior team operating in the west in the pyramid, from caley braves/Dalbeattie/Gretna (dependent on geography) right the way to Celtic.

If the pyramid had been in place in 2012 (as it may be next year) ‘the Rangers’ could easily have been placed in the lowest league available, which would have placed them one relegation away from having to become a Junior club- under the WRJFA proposals.

5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

So a tweet from a committee guy, is suddenly the face of an entire proposal? I mean I could question what is wrong that he feels that way? but also could suggesting is kinda clutching here for anything to shoot folk down surely? Why is it that everyone is incompetent bar the LL and EOS clubs who are seemingly the anti establishment, establishment champions? 

He is the person going door to door. He is on the WR management committee. The 'salvation of the association' should not be at the expense of the clubs who could lose out big time if they follow this Fool's errand. He allegedly is telling people (meeting tonight) - without any evidence - that the WoSL will cherry pick clubs.

Wise up.

You lack any neutrality on this. I have followed this whole thing very closely for years and while I would have liked the SJFA / West Region to have succeeded, they have not. It has moved on.

Edited by cmontheloknow

5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

So a tweet from a committee guy, is suddenly the face of an entire proposal? I mean I could question what is wrong that he feels that way? but also could suggest that it is kinda clutching here for anything to shoot folk down surely? Why is it that everyone is incompetent bar the LL and EOS who are seemingly the anti establishment, establishment champions? 

Sos are good aswell 

He is the person going door to door. He is on the WR management committee. The 'salvation of the association' should not be at the expense of the clubs who could lose out big time if they follow this Fool's errand. He allegedly is telling people (meeting tonight) - without any evidence - that the WoSL will cherry pick clubs.
Wise up.
You lack any neutrality on this. I have followed this whole thing very closely for years and while I would have liked the SJFA / West Region to have succeeded, they have not. It has moved on.
Also allegedly name dropping clubs as being in support of his plan when in fact they haven't signed up for anything.

9 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Parker think you should stick to what your good at and that's your match highlights because you nothing about how the juniors are run and how they have now been run into the ground by incompetent management officials.

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Wise up.

For me that would not be getting impassioned or attributing entire agendas to tweets but I am accused of being a snowflake at times.. who knows could be something I get into?  Well personally look forward to finding out more about their proposal even if it's all pointless to even consider anything that's not what the anti establishment, establishment say it is 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

Parker think you should stick to what your good at and that's your match highlights because you nothing about how the juniors are run and how they have now been run into the ground by incompetent management officials.

Well seemingly I'm being ran to ground and belittled by anonymous folk for asking questions. Must be fantastic to have your insight 

Sos are good aswell 

On the subject of the SOS the recent meeting they had with Petrie seems to indicate the WOSL is backed by the SFA. Someone at the meeting (from Newton Stewart) said that they got the impression the SFA endorsed the LL/EOS plan. Also stated that some SOS clubs have an interest in the new league & one official from Heston has confirmed they are exploring their options with a plan to pursue licensing. Not a chance in hell these clubs would look to join a non-pyramid league when already in the pyramid (two holding an SFA licence).

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Well seemingly I'm being ran to ground and belittled by anonymous folk for asking questions. Must be fantastic to have your insight 

Not trying to belittle you your a good guy but you need to open your mind a bit and read some of the nonsense coming from the pro junior brigade. And yes I do know a fair bit of what's going on behind the scenes and some of the things are totally comical coming from the juniors.