Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Certainly not the way its meant. I know Scottish football moves to slow for that. You're going to get the 3 way playoff for one place in LL for a couple years most likely. Then a second promotion spot will hopefully open, which could be a time for further changes or the SoSFL remaining exactly where they are at Tier 6 now they have an increased chance of promotion.

We realise the chance of promotion isn’t great and that’s putting it mildly as we may depending on how the play off works out have to attempt to beat both the East and West winners which we all know is highly unlikely at best but there is a chance the West might not be licensed at this point then it’s a shoot out with the East increasing the chances albeit only by a slim margin ! The LL for the vast majority in the South is no more appealing that any trip to the far reaches of these Central belt Junior teams and here in lies the crux of the problem for everyone ! Many applicants to the new West are far more centrally based for travel and financially in a far better position to cope with the demands of the West / East or LL and that unfortunately is the underlying problem that many in the South would face 

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

South of Scotland League grew out of the Southern Counties League (which was initially formed by Dumfries & Galloway FA members.) Name was changed to SoS League after WW2 to allow for the reserves of Killie and Ayr as they were not Southern Counties FA members.  Why Kello never played Southern Counties League football I know not. Were they in a Junior league in Dumfriesshire (which did exist) prior to joining the South Ayrshire League in 1921?

Edit: answering myself, they were.

https://www.oocities.org/br1anmccoll/dumfriesjuniorfootball.htm

First couple of league tables I can find them in is the Cumnock & District Junior League in 1910-11. Drop off from there until 1920-21 in the South Ayrshire Junior League.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

First couple of league tables I can find them in is the Cumnock & District Junior League in 1910-11. Drop off from there until 1920-21 in the South Ayrshire Junior League.

Interesting they're not in John Aitken's WOS book for C&D League that period. Always assumed it would be pretty complete for the 'living' teams.

20 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Interesting they're not in John Aitken's WOS book for C&D League that period. Always assumed it would be pretty complete for the 'living' teams.

Its how it appears on a Excel spreadsheet I got from the Scottish Football Historical Archive not long before it stopped regularly updating. The table isn't complete and the information seems to have been sourced from a Auchinleck Talbot record. Then the aren't included in the subsequent tables before the onset of WW1 at which point the C&D leagues are no longer included, and Kello next appear in 1920-21 in the South Ayrshire.

image.png.81dab8cb8fd6f26a84b559ca76e12f07.png

Nice of you all to be concerned where Kello play their football, it will be in the new WoSFL. The SoSL representative at the EK meeting stated there was no geographical issues with the teams who had expressed an interest. As I've pointed out before Kello are further North than Maybole, Craigmark and Girvan and further West than most of the Lanarkshire teams. We're not an anomoly we will be FULLY participating as a WoSFL team.

24 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is the SoSFL still at level 6 alongside the EoSFL in the pyramid ? 

If not when did it change ?

He was replying to a post which had the SoS being absorbed into the WoS set up, you illiterate moron.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

He was replying to a post which had the SoS being absorbed into the WoS set up, you illiterate moron.

I know I’ve posted that we should all try to be a bit nicer to each other during this difficult time, but I have to say Marshmallo there is only one moron on here and it isn’t Newky.

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I know I’ve posted that we should all try to be a bit nicer to each other during this difficult time, but I have to say Marshmallo there is only one moron on here and it isn’t Newky.

I can read so I'm streets ahead of that balloon

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I know, but the south has only really became the big issue lately with multiple people now saying they should move down the way with no real reason provided.

They don't delay anything for anyone where they are. There is no need to move them.

I think the SOS deserves a lot of respect for supporting the pyramid since its foundation. In all honestly it probably doesn't matter what tier it's at as I can't see any SOS team ever bettering an EOS or WOS league champion in the future.

But has anyone considered that perhaps the number of clubs and / or population under each region should come into consideration when weighting promotion play off places? If the new WOS has 66 or so clubs battling for one promotion place to the LL, it doesn't really seem to follow that the SOS only has 15 teams going for one place.

24 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

If the new WOS has 66 or so clubs battling for one promotion place to the LL, it doesn't really seem to follow that the SOS only has 15 teams going for one place.

After next season only 16 WoS will be battling for an LL place, the rest will looking for promotion to tier 6,7 or 8.

45 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

41 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

General nonsense forum heads gone thread for this pish 👍😂

I think the SOS deserves a lot of respect for supporting the pyramid since its foundation. In all honestly it probably doesn't matter what tier it's at as I can't see any SOS team ever bettering an EOS or WOS league champion in the future.
But has anyone considered that perhaps the number of clubs and / or population under each region should come into consideration when weighting promotion play off places? If the new WOS has 66 or so clubs battling for one promotion place to the LL, it doesn't really seem to follow that the SOS only has 15 teams going for one place.
Only tier 6 wos will battle for a LL place along with tier 6 eos and sos. (After next season)

No matter which way we try to weight any argument against the sos it still doesn't compute. They don't delay anything and if their champion is licensed and wins promotion then fair play to them.

And if they most likely won't win the playoff why does it matter if they are tier 6, or is it the material look of it that folk just don't like? (we are better than them so they shouldn't be at our level?)

I still don't see any argument that is fruitful enough to change the current set up, it works, has done for a long time.

When Talbot and someone else (Pollok or Clydebank perhaps) are sitting where Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City are now, then we can talk about the quantifiable superiority of certain (cherry-picked) WOSL clubs. Until then, not so much.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I’m currently sitting in the garden with my second 🍺 after a hards days weed pulling and talking pish online but can I suggest just for today we call an amnesty for poor Mallo ! Let’s give him a break even just for an hour or two although in fairness I’m assuming after 2 or 3 more I’ll back track on my own advice 👍🏻

59 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Your initial support quickly became a what if ! After the initial Season there will only in all probability be one 16 team League battling for ONE place like there currently is in the East ! The 3 way play off solved things in the first season in the EoSFL when there were 3 Conferences 

Not getting involved with the actual argument but can we nae use that ableist term?