Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

So to folks reading this ruse of a thread a word to the good, Junior Football is the biggest section of the non league sector, it has the biggest clubs with the biggest crowd pulling potential, it should never be discarded or deserted. For some reason that's what the organ grinder and the monkeys would have you do, be careful for what you buy into to! 

Leaving aside your maniacal conspiracy rantings for a moment, 99 Junior clubs have indicated they wanted to leave Junior football behind and join the Pyramid. 13 have or are about to do so next season (maybe one or two more before we get to the end of June). Others have indicated they will follow in 2019/20 regardless of ongoing discussions by the SJFA.

Are you really implying that this thread is responsible for the demise of Junior football, instead of clubs doing their own due diligence and coming to the conclusion the Juniors are a busted flush?  If so you're more deluded than I gave you credit for (go and read the other thread where people detail the games many failings, none mentioned P&B), you really are chucking your toys out of the pram at the prospect.

Perhaps you can highlight any misleading inaccuracies regarding the benefits on offer to clubs joining the EoS (and the Pyramid) as discussed over the previous 320 pages, and whilst you're at it, come up with a similar list of benefits to remaining Junior. It's a question that has been asked regularly but nobody has come up with one single thing as yet. Maybe that alone is proof enough.

55 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

There are mutterings on the SOSL site that Wigtown & Bladnoch, Creetown and Lochmaben are not competing next season. I really hope this is not true! 

Probably of only limited interest on here beyond it making it easier for the SoS league to fit in some more teams from outside Dumfries & Galloway, if the integration process doesn't get anywhere and the SFA still tells clubs in the west that that's where they need to go.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Crowds are down all round in Scotland and it is absolutely not exclusive to Junior Football.

I've green dotted your post as it made me laugh so much.

Me and my "organ grinder" will continue to point out the folly of the Junior "grade" and why it desperately needs to change but you carry on howling at the moon if it makes you feel better.

3 hours ago, HTG said:

It was an absolute commitment from the SJFA based on the fact that this was the SFA's own proposal. 

If that commitment turns out to not be true then 150 clubs have been completely misled. 

Others have argued that the authorities  (all of them) are not in a position to make that commitment but they have nonetheless and I for one fully expect to hold them to account on it. 

Exactly where can I find the SFA commitment written Down, have t seen it is why I ask. For me the sjfa held a questionnaire process which asked various questions relating to what the preferences for junior teams would be (obviously this would be to enter as high up as possible). 

I don't believe that the SFA have made such a commitment, the sjfa may believe they should enter at tier 6 but it is the pyramid working group that will settle this..... Not just the SFA and sjfa, but the LL and eosfl.....and as I've said numerous times, if I was an eosfl associate I would be happy for a wosfl to match the eosfl but would always look to hold my associations position as the tier 6 feeder in the East..... 

If you could post a link to this commitment I'd be interested to read it and would support anyone in asking questions if they feel they have been misled, but as I say I am not aware that this is a commitment that has been made officially. Happy to be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Leaving aside your maniacal conspiracy rantings for a moment, 99 Junior clubs have indicated they wanted to leave Junior football behind and join the Pyramid. 13 have or are about to do so next season (maybe one or two more before we get to the end of June). Others have indicated they will follow in 2019/20 regardless of ongoing discussions by the SJFA.

Are you really implying that this thread is responsible for the demise of Junior football, instead of clubs doing their own due diligence and coming to the conclusion the Juniors are a busted flush?  If so you're more deluded than I gave you credit for (go and read the other thread where people detail the games many failings, none mentioned P&B), you really are chucking your toys out of the pram at the prospect.

Perhaps you can highlight any misleading inaccuracies regarding the benefits on offer to clubs joining the EoS (and the Pyramid) as discussed over the previous 320 pages, and whilst you're at it, come up with a similar list of benefits to remaining Junior. It's a question that has been asked regularly but nobody has come up with one single thing as yet. Maybe that alone is proof enough.

Ah, the organ grinder, or is it the monkey? Hard to tell. Busted flush, just because you want it to be doesn't make it reality. But go on spouting your spurious doctrine, plenty have had their heads turned by the continuous stream misinformation regarding the land of silk and money. You and your monkeys want Junior Football ostracised so as the tail can continue wagging the dog. I suggest that "the grade" should be respected in all the change, the good parts taken on board.

6 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I suggest that "the grade" should be respected in all the change, the good parts taken on board.

Talk to me about the good parts. I've seen it asked many times but not seen it answered.

Every league in Junior football has sponsors, every regional cup competition in Junior football has sponsors sadly to date the Scottish Junior Cup has no sponsor but is being televised live , not too bad for a “dying grade” with a membership of 148 clubs. How many Lowland League or East of Scotland competitions are sponsored or televised?

99 clubs did NOT vote to leave Junior Football behind and join the pyramid.

They indicated (including my own Junior club) that they would be in favour of the SJFA as an Association joining the pyramid  system.

Every league in Junior football has sponsors, every regional cup competition in Junior football has sponsors sadly to date the Scottish Junior Cup has no sponsor but is being televised live , not too bad for a “dying grade” with a membership of 148 clubs. How many Lowland League or East of Scotland competitions are sponsored or televised

Paul Petrie will almost certainly sponsor any league that allows his company to profit from.
This is a good thing but he is no way obliged to continue.

38 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Ah, the organ grinder, or is it the monkey? Hard to tell. Busted flush, just because you want it to be doesn't make it reality. But go on spouting your spurious doctrine, plenty have had their heads turned by the continuous stream misinformation regarding the land of silk and money. You and your monkeys want Junior Football ostracised so as the tail can continue wagging the dog. I suggest that "the grade" should be respected in all the change, the good parts taken on board.

Feel free to highlight the continuous stream of misinformation and spurious doctrine. On you go.

In the meantime, the tears and snotters stuff, with a liberal dash of conspiracy, is laughably tragic.

4 minutes ago, santheman said:

99 clubs did NOT vote to leave Junior Football behind and join the pyramid.

They indicated (including my own Junior club) that they would be in favour of the SJFA as an Association joining the pyramid  system.

erm.....as soon as you join the Senior Pyramid you are no longer Junior.

35 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Talk to me about the good parts. I've seen it asked many times but not seen it answered.

That answer says it all, are you really of the opinion that there is nothing good about Junior Football?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Feel free to highlight the continuous stream of misinformation and spurious doctrine. On you go.

In the meantime, the tears and snotters stuff, with a liberal dash of conspiracy, is laughably tragic.

Can you not read, or is it that you can't retain information? Crumbling grounds, dwindling crowds, bust flush, total sh!te!

28 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Every league in Junior football has sponsors, every regional cup competition in Junior football has sponsors sadly to date the Scottish Junior Cup has no sponsor but is being televised live , not too bad for a “dying grade” with a membership of 148 clubs. How many Lowland League or East of Scotland competitions are sponsored or televised?

SJFA pay ALBA for the coverage do they not?

11 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

That answer says it all, are you really of the opinion that there is nothing good about Junior Football?

I think everybody on here appreciates junior football for what it is. But some of us struggle to see exactly what the major plus points and benefits of it are that would or could not apply nor be replicated in a pyramid. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Can you not read, or is it that you can't retain information? Crumbling grounds, dwindling crowds, bust flush, total sh!te!

"Total shite"  is that your counter? you might need to expand on that a wee bit to argue your point. 

What are the benefits of remaining Junior, can you perhaps list them?  99 clubs think there is more benefit to joining the Pyramid than remaining Junior.

30 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

As far as I am aware all of the competitions are sponsored in the eosfl and LL. But is this really going down the road of my dads bigger than your dad? 

What is evident is that for clubs who wish to gain their licence and join the eosfl that the eosfl will support you and guide you to do so.... Financially and otherwise. They provide a lot more in terms of support for their clubs (detailed by Kelty many moons ago on this thread). From playing juniors for 10-12 years in both the East and the West I can assure you that there is no such support from the sjfa, matchballs is pretty much your lot from my experience. No help, support, guidance or direction..... 

That's not to say all working together could help the sjfa gain I sight I to how to be a bit more proactive and organised...... But it won't happen, too many individuals interested in protecting themselves and demanding things that is not theirs to demand. (my personal opinion, nothing more). 

Factually, those who move will open new doors for themselves - linked with the support I refer to above. But also those who stay will maintain the status quo that has been around the junior scene for 100 years, I don't think it will die or take easurein say g the demise and all that jazz, it would be good to have everything linked together.... As I said though I can't see it happening. 

SJFA pay ALBA for the coverage do they not?

Honestly I do not know but if they do they as an association are able to afford the promotion of Junior football and attempt to attract sponsors. Who sponsors the East of Scotland competitions?