Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Don't worry mate, not likely to ever happen with your committee.

4 or 5 seasons ago you'd have saidthat about a Kelty team that was close to dropping out of the super league and couldn't get Central Park fit to play football on. Change doesn't need to take long. 

Really I don't remember it being quoted the top juniors. Ready to be corrected.
Certainly "some" of the top juniors should be able to slot in.
Looking at tjs statement it appears to say tier 6 is a starting point for juniors.
So that's Talbot, beith, lochee and broughty sorted at tier 6.
Lithgy and boness and penicuik will naturally slot in at their appropriate starting point of tier 8. Tier 7 if as Robert says there are a few vacancies. [emoji8]

Please take this with the light hearted seriousness it is designed to be.

4 hours ago, tombrown said:

There are some clubs, from the west asking if the east of scotland would consider managing a league using their rules which are the same as the lowland league and s.o.s.these clubs am lead to belive have most infastructure in place and could start the liceincing prosses straight away. Think they would need 12 clubs to start leading to a 16 team setup.think its being discussed at their board meeting this week.

I think this will happen for next season, No reason why it shouldn't. Some in the West might see it as  a chance to 'jump' the queue before season 2019/20

43 minutes ago, Jason King said:

You could say the same about the green dots you have received, a narrow minded cabal who cant see beyond the "grade" and who are unwilling to accept any sort of change to the closed shop they currently reside in. This cabal appear determined to ensure that nothing changes and that crowds continue to dwindle, grounds continue to crumble and that there certainly be no progression opportunities available to all.

But well done to Burnie Man for finally killing the "grade", its something that should have happened a century ago.

God, I might have known you would come back with the same old clichéd platitude ridden response. Right, crumbling grounds? Beechwood Park, Meadow Park, Newlandsfield, Portland Park, Townhead Park, Prestonfield,  Belldale, Loch Park, Newton Park, jeez I could go on responding to this tired inaccurate piece of misinformation continually churned out. Crowds dwindling? Well they aren't what they were in the 80s  all round but compared to the EOS and LL league etc they're positively booming. This is my point, you and your like minded group are attempting a hatchet job from within continuing the raison d'être drip feeding sh!te,  the contempt you display for this 158 club strong grade does truly illustrate your agenda.

Edited by Guest

Think your right.dont think they can afford to wait. the pyrimid working group will take about 3 or 4 meetings before they agree anything as all the groups have different needs. EoS SoS.are all going to be trying for the best deal for them.remeber the east just got 14 new teams.they will look to start a level 6. TJ is trying hard to swing a vote in the juniors favour but i think it may fall short of their expectations after all the negitive things he said about these leagues and the pirymid

24 minutes ago, HTG said:

4 or 5 seasons ago you'd have saidthat about a Kelty team that was close to dropping out of the super league and couldn't get Central Park fit to play football on. Change doesn't need to take long. 

Remember it well. Papped out the Scottish by Lochgelly, under a manager that claimed they led him there under false pretences.  That was a laugh :lol: 

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Please take this with the light hearted seriousness it is designed to be.

No problem Al. The definition set out was that the top flight teams start at Tier 6. 

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

God, I might have known you would come back with the same old clichéd platitude ridden response. Right, crumbling grounds? Beechwood Park, Meadow Park, Newlandsfield, Portrland Park, Townhead Park, Prestonfield,  Belldale, Loch Park, Newton Park, jeez I could go on resonding to this tired inaccurate piece of misinformation continually churned out. Crowds dwindling? Well they aren't what they were in the 80s  all round but compared to the EOS and LL league etc they're positively booming. This is my point, you and your like minded group are attempting a hatchet job from within continuing the raison d'être drip feeding sh!te,  the contempt you display for this 158 club strong grade does truly illustrate your agenda.

Isa this is mostly just a lot of shite. Nobody is stopping anyone from having an opinion. There are clearly more people on here who want to see integration and will just get on with it because, like most of these things, if you wait until perfection has been achieved before implementation,you never quite get round to implementing. 

If folk want to hatchet Junior football that's up to them. Same as you hatchet teams you think unworthy of their status at tier 5 or 6. 

If you get fed up seeing the same stuff, report them, put them on ignore or read something else. 

God, I might have known you would come back with the same old clichéd platitude ridden response. Right, crumbling grounds? Beechwood Park, Meadow Park, Newlandsfield, Portland Park, Townhead Park, Prestonfield,  Belldale, Loch Park, Newton Park, jeez I could go on responding to this tired inaccurate piece of misinformation continually churned out. Crowds dwindling? Well they aren't what they were in the 80s  all round but compared to the EOS and LL league etc they're positively booming. This is my point, you and your like minded group are attempting a hatchet job from within continuing the raison d'être drip feeding sh!te,  the contempt you display for this 158 club strong grade does truly illustrate your agenda.

There was 1400 at Kelty’s league decider on Saturday, which was hundreds more than at your home semi against Lochee.

23 minutes ago, HTG said:

Isa this is mostly just a lot of shite. Nobody is stopping anyone from having an opinion. There are clearly more people on here who want to see integration and will just get on with it because, like most of these things, if you wait until perfection has been achieved before implementation,you never quite get round to implementing. 

If folk want to hatchet Junior football that's up to them. Same as you hatchet teams you think unworthy of their status at tier 5 or 6. 

If you get fed up seeing the same stuff, report them, put them on ignore or read something else. 

There is one subtle difference my Rosey Posey friend, I never started a thread on those clubs forums under a pseudonym title in order to promote the demise of their rank. As this thread goes on and they smell blood it accelerates. Just want folks to catch on to the game they're playing.  I'm not going to "report" someone for using keech clichés like the man from the 70's moustache and all.

2 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

There was 1400 at Kelty’s league decider on Saturday, which was hundreds more than at your home semi against Lochee.

Even if that's true, because I don't know what either of those crowds were , what has that got to do with it? Have they extended Kelty's ground in the last 4 months?

3 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

42 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Crowds dwindling? Well they aren't what they were in the 80s  all round

You've just reinforced my point. Thanks.

Apart from that your post was the usual bile dripping contempt that you continually show for anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Either Junior clubs move on their own or the SJFA move everyone into the pyramid, the "grade" that you are obsessed with is dead either way - why don't you  and the others in your red dotting cabal understand this? That's not me running a supposed hatchet job or any of the emotive words you are so keen on using in support of a  doomed edifice, that's a reading of the statement from the SJFA.

52 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Newlandsfield has had a few licks of paint for sure, but not sure the terraces have had much done to them in a generation.

7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There is one subtle difference my Rosey Posey friend, I never started a thread on those clubs forums under a pseudonym title in order to promote the demise of their rank. As this thread goes on and they smell blood it accelerates. Just want folks to catch on to the game they're playing.  I'm not going to "report" someone for using keech clichés like the man from the 70's moustache and all.

Jesus.

What games am I playing? You have NEVER come up with one reasonable reason as to why the Pyramid is a bad thing and why Junior clubs shouldn't be aiming for the stars.

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Jesus.

What games am I playing? You have NEVER come up with one reasonable reason as to why the Pyramid is a bad thing and why Junior clubs shouldn't be aiming for the stars.

To give Goudie his due, I interpret his posts as not being against pyramids as such, but against the one we've got which has the wrong teams in it (ex EoS etc) and the wrong destination for successful clubs (national leagues of 10 playing x4).

However, we're not likely to get regionalised leagues instead of L1/2 and the EoS sides are there for the time it takes for them to filter down (or rise up) so as the old saying goes, you p*** with the c*** you've been given! :lol:

Edited by cmontheloknow

So, if we were to rewind 5 years and create an alternative reality using a bit of hindsight, could we have ended up with something like:

SFA: We want to create a Lowland League with promotion to SFL2. We'll accept applications from the EoS, SoS, SJFA and anyone else who can satisfy various criteria. The league will start in 2013-14.

SJFA: That's a bit soon for us.  Leave it a year and we'll get back to you.

SFA: Fair enough, we'll start in 2014-15

Knowing the mess we have now, could it have been that simple? - 4 teams from the EoS, ERJFA, WRJFA and a couple from the SoS.

The initial line up could have been (using the 2013-14 league tables):

Spartans, University of Stirling, Whitehall Welfare, Edinburgh City, Dalbeattie Star, Threave Rovers, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow, Hurlford Utd, Clydebank, Bo'ness Utd, Linlithgow Rose, Bonnyrigg Rose, Newtongrange Star.

Then a re-alignment in the West, with the SoS feeding into the Juniors somewhere, and some sort of merger in the East.  Wow, there's your pyramid!

But then, we would have missed out on the hours of good humoured banter and debating in this thread.... 

6 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

Knowing the mess we have now, could it have been that simple? - 4 teams from the EoS, ERJFA, WRJFA and a couple from the SoS.

The initial line up could have been (using the 2013-14 league tables):

Spartans, University of Stirling, Whitehall Welfare, Edinburgh City, Dalbeattie Star, Threave Rovers, Auchinleck Talbot, Irvine Meadow, Hurlford Utd, Clydebank, Bo'ness Utd, Linlithgow Rose, Bonnyrigg Rose, Newtongrange Star.

That was never on the table. There was never a suggestion that Junior clubs could leapfrog any EoS or SoS clubs.

On top of that, the WRSJFA clubs didn't and don't want the travel.

And Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers would have been annihilated in a league like that. 

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No disrespect to Bo'ness either but I  think their ground is pretty similar. They are taking measures to improve their facilities though.

The ground is now under the ownership of a charitable trust who are getting grants and funding to improve the place for the good of entire community.

The first phase is an artificial surface.

The second phase is a hub.

The football club are not putting in any funding towards this I believe.

To be honest Newtown Park is a crumbling wreck and without the NPA the ground would not be getting investment.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That was never on the table. There was never a suggestion that Junior clubs could leapfrog any EoS or SoS clubs.

On top of that, the WRSJFA clubs didn't and don't want the travel.

And Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers would have been annihilated in a league like that. 

Nobody was leapfrogging anyone. There was no pyramid then and the Lowland League was open to all Senior non-league and Junior clubs.

I agree that Dalbeattie and Threave would have struggled, and probably Whitehall too, so they would have been replaced quite quickly, but as a starting point, I think that wouldn't have been too bad.

Fair point about the Ayrshire clubs though.