Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

28 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

What  happens if the trickle of clubs leaving to join the pyramid dries up and no more follow,compare the teams lining up in EOS set up to the new league divisions in the west juniors theirs no comparison,the quality of player and product on show will still be much better in the west.Could it be that the teams exiting havn't achieved much success in recent years,and need the  SFA cash to continue to operate. i would now like the east region juniors to join with west to create all in league,maybe in a couple of years.The new motorway network in central Scotland makes travel a good bit easier.Maybe after rattling about EOS league for a few years the trickle will flood back.Preparing for a red dot blizzard from the pyramididdies.

No one's going to come back if they have a licence. 

34 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

What  happens if the trickle of clubs leaving to join the pyramid dries up and no more follow,compare the teams lining up in EOS set up to the new league divisions in the west juniors theirs no comparison,the quality of player and product on show will still be much better in the west.Could it be that the teams exiting havn't achieved much success in recent years,and need the  SFA cash to continue to operate. i would now like the east region juniors to join with west to create all in league,maybe in a couple of years.The new motorway network in central Scotland makes travel a good bit easier.Maybe after rattling about EOS league for a few years the trickle will flood back.Preparing for a red dot blizzard from the pyramididdies.

I'm afraid that the east is gone. The combined thing was rejected out of hand by the west teams - they didn't need the east. And the subtext of your post suggests nothing has changed really. It's more of a "let's take them in like wee strays" type of suggestion. 

The juniors - if such a thing remains - will soon be exclusive to the west of Scotland. For many in the east, that's how it's felt for a long time anyway in terms of how it's run. I'm not saying that's any more than a perception for folk but it's all coming too late. There are quite a few on here from the west who seem completely relaxed and I get that. But I'm watching my club about to disappear down leagues or remain as part of an empty shell. 

36 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Quite sure joining east and west was covered already,(super duper league pppfffttt) the motorways were there a couple of seasons ago.but the west teams still used the,what about the distances involved.no thank you.

12 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:

...I perhaps unrealistically and, as it turns out, naively assumed that Linlithgow Rose and Bo’ness United committees would see and understand the inevitable and would take the logical step of calling members meetings, if and where required, with leadership recommendations of moving to the EoSFL and the Pyramid...

Bo'ness United were at the forefront of trying to move at one point last season, so there were people involved until recently that wanted to be in the senior grade pyramid. As well as there being the pensioner generation that is always resistant to radical change unless it means going back to the way things used to be as with the Brexit vote, I suspect there is a bit of a "we're Bo'ness United and Lithgae Rose FFS" type of response going on to the whole idea of being expected to go through the EoS to reach the LL, because the publicity last season was all about Bo'ness United moving to the LL despite there being no more vacancies to be filled there and more recently Linlithgow Rose have talked about having SPFL aspirations with the EoS again not rating a mention.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I'm a Talbot fan who in principle isn't opposed to the idea of a pyramid but has serious reservations about the pig's dinner made of it by the powers that be.
My question is really aimed at those clubs in the east who've made the leap.
In light of the current promotion/relegation scenario from non league to senior, what does the future hold for the myriad of clubs likely to be stuck in limbo?

What do you mean by "in limbo"? That they can't get promoted? A bit strange being concerned about that since teams in the top junior league can't get promoted either... They'll be playing in a competitive league against teams in their region (same as now) with the chance to move up to the League above (unlike now). They'll be in various cups (same as now) but not the Junior Cup (unlike now) unless of course if becomes an all-in non-league cup like the FA Trophy.

Where did Kelty's money come from?
Wasn't out of 30 people watchng a Junior team.
Fife Council
Strange they could help Kelty but not Cowdenbeath.
Where to start? Even when Kelty were in the Fife Leagues they had more than 30 at their games. Obviously they got more v Hill of Beath or when the Pars weren't playing. Since becoming a bit of a force in the Juniors their crowds have been decent IMO. They do have a lot of sponsors - many local firms sponsor players, advertising boards, the bus etc, as seen by their trophy tour to local businesses on their social media channels - and one big sponsor who put a lot of money in but also are able to provide jobs/training to players which is a big advantage. They have also had good managers in recent years. Fife Council own the pitch and so installed the astroturf and it's a community use facility. The club themselves put up the terracing, social club etc and have secured funding for the new stand and disabled facilities. Fife Council don't own the pitch - or anything else - at Cowdenbeath's ground so I'm not sure why you think they should help. The football club don't even won the ground, so you seem to want Fife Council to be helping a privately owned Motorsport company with no community use aspect to them at all.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What do you mean by "in limbo"? That they can't get promoted? A bit strange being concerned about that since teams in the top junior league can't get promoted either... They'll be playing in a competitive league against teams in their region (same as now) with the chance to move up to the League above (unlike now). They'll be in various cups (same as now) but not the Junior Cup (unlike now) unless of course if becomes an all-in non-league cup like the FA Trophy.

Where to start? Even when Kelty were in the Fife Leagues they had more than 30 at their games. Obviously they got more v Hill of Beath or when the Pars weren't playing. Since becoming a bit of a force in the Juniors their crowds have been decent IMO. They do have a lot of sponsors - many local firms sponsor players, advertising boards, the bus etc, as seen by their trophy tour to local businesses on their social media channels - and one big sponsor who put a lot of money in but also are able to provide jobs/training to players which is a big advantage. They have also had good managers in recent years. Fife Council own the pitch and so installed the astroturf and it's a community use facility. The club themselves put up the terracing, social club etc and have secured funding for the new stand and disabled facilities. Fife Council don't own the pitch - or anything else - at Cowdenbeath's ground so I'm not sure why you think they should help. The football club don't even won the ground, so you seem to want Fife Council to be helping a privately owned Motorsport company with no community use aspect to them at all.

Cut to the chase, is some fat cat pumping money into a glorified village Junior club?

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Cut to the chase, is some fat cat pumping money into a glorified village Junior club?

Or ask the reverse - why do more fat cats not pump money into glorified village Junior clubs? Which avenue has the greatest potential for growth and success...?

I do not know how much the Conservatory Converters put into the club but they obviously feel it is sustainable given that it isn't all getting spent on the first team as happens at many a Junior team. Kelty now have various age group teams, a women's team, are opening a community cafe and hub, etc I dare say it has raised their profile quite a bit too, as more people outside Fife get to know their company. You'd have to ask them what they pay and how much benefit they get. Got hee haw to do with Fife Council and Cowdenbeath though.

11 hours ago, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

Not Dunbar Utd. No intention of going EoS. I’ve said this before.

The Dunbar twitter account this morning in response to someone saying pity they're aren't moving with Mussy to EoS;

Who knows what the next few weeks will bring

As has been said many many times = Kelty have put in place a structure that enables them to survive if the sponsor pulled out. Indeed right now I'd say Kelty have one of the rosiest off field futures of any non-league team in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I do not know how much the Conservatory Converters put into the club but they obviously feel it is sustainable given that it isn't all getting spent on the first team as happens at many a Junior team. Kelty now have various age group teams, a women's team, are opening a community cafe and hub, etc I dare say it has raised their profile quite a bit too, as more people outside Fife get to know their company. You'd have to ask them what they pay and how much benefit they get. Got hee haw to do with Fife Council and Cowdenbeath though.

£7.3 million of council funds could have been better used to tackle the austerity and associated problems in funding the health services etc etc in the region.

Coincidentally the fact that the leading politicians involved at the council at that time all had "Kelty connections" does not look good. Fact

Kelty will be okay till the fat cat gets fed up and effs off to sunnier climbs. Then it becomes "whatever happened to that wee team from Fife, they were doing really well?".

Kelty have received a fair bit of outside cash, but they have invested it, they are growing the club, unifying football within the town and putting in some excellent facilities for their level.

Far better than the 'let's try win the junior cup' approach that many have tried before.

What approach is more likely to bore the fat cat?

12 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Kelty will be okay till the fat cat gets fed up and effs off to sunnier climbs. Then it becomes "whatever happened to that wee team from Fife, they were doing really well?".

For a guy who is supposed to be a St.Rochs and Motherwell fan, you have an unhealthy interest in the goings on in Fife.

3 minutes ago, drs said:

As has been said many many times = Kelty have put in place a structure that enables them to survive if the sponsor pulled out. Indeed right now I'd say Kelty have one of the rosiest off field futures of any non-league team in Scotland.

So it's just really an Annan. Council own the ground, so no worries there. Doubt Kelty taking the place of some other diddy team would be that big a deal.

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Is that the best you can come with?

Just an observation about your trolling of this thread.  You go over the same points and ask the same questions time and again.  Motherwell are in the Cup Final, yet you fret about Kelty.

What is St.Roch's view on the current situation? if a WoSFL is formed next seasons will the Candy be applying or will they stick with the Juniors? what fits best with the long termn outlook of the club?

1 minute ago, Truthteller said:

Just wait till his boyfriend gogsy comes on, then you will get both barrels

There's no show without punch. This your other sleeper ID for when your newbies get banned?

Edited by Burnie_man