Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

To answer my own question.
I could be wrong as information from 2014/15
East region vice president James Provan Broxburn Athletic.
Presumably he will have resigned his position at east region (or at broxburn) and issued a statement ?

I do not know what clubs
L Donaldson and I Sherlock represent. Listed as sjfa reps.

Could be Les Donaldson from Linlithgow Rose and Ian Sherlock from Whitburn.

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/mobile/Handbook13-07-16.pdf

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Latest list from FairWeatherFan:

image.png

There have been some recent rumblings about Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley (Marten's post above seems to rule out Fauldhouse and Thornton for now) and given the way Arniston flew under the radar to make it onto last week's list of four there could still be some surprises.

To be fair, the discussion I overheard was just between 3 individual committee members. They might just be amongst the most conservative of their respective committees, so it's no clear guarantee these teams won't move, it's just the impression I got.

10 hours ago, juventus said:

TJ should think of chucking it. Absolute ignorance from the top. The SJFA have just sat still and done nothing, member Club’s leaving all over the place. This will surely put a dent in the SJFA coffers ?

And the salary of TJ will reduce pro rata with the number of teams that have left the SJFA.

If he had a pair he would resign being guilty for the demise of Junior Football, or the clubs that are left for next season give him a vote of no confidence.

8 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

And the salary of TJ will reduce pro rata with the number of teams that have left the SJFA.

If he had a pair he would resign being guilty for the demise of Junior Football, or the clubs that are left for next season give him a vote of no confidence.

If he had a pair he would have resigned after the Scottish Cup draw debacle a few years back.

Hopefully those from the ersjfa with leadership talent can help the EOS and the LL in the years to come. It’s not the time to blame, but to look forward. Hopefully the west will follow.

Hopefully those from the ersjfa with leadership talent can help the EOS and the LL in the years to come. It’s not the time to blame, but to look forward. Hopefully the west will follow.
Leadership talent [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

6 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Angus and Dundee are a bridge too far for the EoSFL I believe. It's a shame as they have no where really to go but they are not in the EoSFL catchment area and I can't see present members clubs such as Coldstream and Tweedmouth too keen on a potential 6 hour round trip to Dundee.

Do you think they'll knock back Jeanfield and St Andrew's? They're about the same length of journey as Dundee.

8 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Any applicants as in, from anywhere? Possibly worth the big 3 or 4 Dundee/Angus clubs applying now that St Andrews and Jeanfield have challenged the border rule?

The likes of Lochee Utd, Carnoustie, and Broughty Athletic et al are surely now sitting wishing they could make the shift.

Regardless of what they've stated in the past, things have changed dramatically in the last week.

They haven't really challenged anything - both clubs are south of the "mouth of the Tay" boundary, and are thus in the Lowland League catchment area.  The East of Scotland is the correct Tier 6 league for them.  Until something changes higher up, the Dundee and Angus clubs are in the Highland League area.

Edited by craigkillie

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Do you think they'll knock back Jeanfield and St Andrew's? They're about the same length of journey as Dundee.

Jeanfield an hour from Camelon and linlithgow with motorways etc might be lot of miles but doesn' take long. Dundee is 1 hour 20 roughly it' that bit further

3 minutes ago, GlamourBaws said:

Rose have applied. Subject to member approval. See club facebook page. 

Linlithgow Rose F.C.
@LRFC1889
EoS League Application:
For clarification, the club submitted an application to join the EoS League earlier this week. A meeting with club members had already been arranged for Monday 4th June and will go ahead as planned in line with the club's constitution.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Latest list from FairWeatherFan:

image.png

There have been some recent rumblings about Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley (Marten's post above seems to rule out Fauldhouse and Thornton for now) and given the way Arniston flew under the radar to make it onto last week's list of four there could still be some surprises.

Assuming that Lithgae, Sauchie and Oakley were the only leavers then that would suggest a 3 x 12 league setup with Superleague, North and South divisions. 

You'd presumably need to move at least  Lochore and Newburgh into the South league. I'm also assuming you'd relegate the bottom two from the East Premier and promote at least one of the district champions. 

If so the Superleague would be something like this: 
Lochee United
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Kennoway Star Hearts
Forfar West End
Fauldhouse United
Tayport
Thornton Hibs
Glenrothes Juniors
Downfield Juniors
Bathgate Thistle / Whitburn Juniors - depending on Whitburn's result against Haddington on Saturday.
Dundee North End / Pumpherston Juniors - Would probably need a playoff but can't see any other easy option to decide who to promote. 

If Pumpherston did beat Dundee NE in a playoff and you were determined to have 12 in each league then you'd have the slightly odd situation of having to put Kinnoull in the South league.

Might be better to have a 14 team Superleague with both district champions promoted and Bathgate and Whitburn both staying up (but still relegating  Kirriemuir).  You could then have a 12 team North district and a 10 team South district. Would still need Newburgh to be in the South district though.

Edited by ShrimpLok

30 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't see how they can. They are in the east of the country and below the HL/LL boundary. They can't be knocked back just because they're inconvenient. They're in LL catchment. 

33 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think St Andrews are a near certainty to be accepted since they are in Fife, which is in traditional EoSFL country. Jeanfield will be interesting, can see EoSFL not being overly keen but think they will get in ultimately as EoSFL is their correct place in tier 6 atm.

9 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

I think St Andrews are a near certainty to be accepted since they are in Fife, which is in traditional EoSFL country. Jeanfield will be interesting, can see EoSFL not being overly keen but think they will get in ultimately as EoSFL is their correct place in tier 6 atm.

I can't see the EOS turning Jeanfield down tbh. The EOS clearly want to establish themselves as the only route for clubs in the east of Scotland to get into the LL (and are doing quite a good job at that currently!). Jeanfield are in LL territory and obviously not in the catchment area of the SOS or WOS (if it gets established), so they would have nowhere else to go. EOS would really have to take them considering they are taking other teams that are not in there constituted area.

Edited by Marten

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=877307#877307

May 31, 2018, 11:16 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #231 of 231 (26 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alderman friend] Bonnyrigg Rose next to go Senior ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Linlithgow Rose F.C.
@LRFC1889
EoS League Application:
For clarification, the club submitted an application to join the EoS League earlier this week. A meeting with club members had already been arranged for Monday 4th June and will go ahead as planned in line with the club's constitution.

The incredible silence and lack of action from the SJFA is unbelievable had has me thinking they are beavering behind the scenes to undermine all those who have applied to the EOS. Wouldn't surprise me if we got statement saying only those with a full license will be allowed to actually move.

Edited by kenny131