Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

In time let's just hope football is the winner and all the rifts heal.

No sooner said than done!

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

Fair enough, and sorry if you got my original comment in the wrong way.

9 minutes ago, Shanner said:

nae worries!

I think I preferred this thread when people were at each others throats, being called "Nazis" or "dinosaurs" supporting "mediocre" teams...

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I love the fixture pile-up at the end of the season. I don't like taking too much time away from family stuff at the weekends, but evenings are much easier, and I enjoy little more than visiting a new ground somewhere and watching a game in the gloaming.

It's a ridiculous mess caused by shambolic disorganisation that is unfair on players and damages sporting integrity, of course, it just works out well for me.

Same here

Fitba  Monday Wed Sat and the occasional Friday  as well.

Seen 20 different teams in the last 3 weeks which will be 26 by next weekend

Love it.

Yeh because they think they  have to pay holiday pay paternity pay and all this nonsense.  They are right and every one else is wrong. No chance
This is probably true of a number of clubs who still dish out brown envelopes every week.

5 minutes ago, santheman said:

Same here

Fitba  Monday Wed Sat and the occasional Friday  as well.

Seen 20 different teams in the last 3 weeks which will be 26 by next weekend

Love it.

You're ahead of me, but in the last few weeks I've been at Clydebank, Bonnyrigg, Sauchie, Tranent, Hurlford and Arthurlie for midweek matches, only one of which I'd been to before. My home page might as well be https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com 

28 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Anybody know how many Junior teams have left the East Region

There's likey going to be 36 left.

EDIT: The assumption is that the 2 clubs not to publicly announce the possibility of leaving are Sauchie and Oakley United. I've not worked out possible 3x12 Leagues for next year because i'm not sure what the decision will be over Dundee North End and Pumpherston. 2 clubs that won championships and might be looking for promotion but it would mean relegating Bathgate Thistle who didn't finish in a relegation zone.

I don't have the East Region's previous format intention to hand to see what they did.

image.png.7439a828e689a96ff2b893c0775b85c5.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's likey going to be 36 left.

EDIT: The assumption is that the 2 clubs not to publicly announce the possibility of leaving are Sauchie and Oakley United. I've not worked out possible 3x12 Leagues for next year because i'm not sure what the decision will be over Dundee North End and Pumpherston. 2 clubs that won championships and might be looking for promotion but it would mean relegating Bathgate Thistle who didn't finish in a relegation zone.

I don't have the East Region's previous format intention to hand to see what they did.

image.png.7439a828e689a96ff2b893c0775b85c5.png

When I looked at it the best solution looked to be 14 in the Superleague (relegating Kirriemuir and promoting Dundee North End and Pumpherston. 

You’d then move Newburgh and Lochore to a 10 team south district leaving a 12 team north district.

28 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Bathgate finished 4th bottom so they did finish in the relegation place

Going by the league table I was basing it they'd only highlighted the bottom 3 of the Premier League. That'd make things clear cut for the 3x12 format then.

EDIT: Unless i'm missing something obvious to those more familiar with the areas.

image.png.3391b1ffadba9c82ce656ae114b7834c.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan
tables

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Going by the league table I was basing it they'd only highlighted the bottom 3 of the Premier League. That'd make things clear cut for the 3x12 format then.

EDIT: Unless i'm missing something obvious to those more familiar with the areas.

image.png.3391b1ffadba9c82ce656ae114b7834c.png

The only issue with the three leagues of 12 is it leaves the Superleague very northern with 6 north of Tay clubs and four north east Fife clubs. 

Leaving it as 14 might make the remaining West Lothian clubs feel a bit less isolated as otherwise it’s a pretty horrible looking League for Fauldhouse and Pumpherston.

26 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

The only issue with the three leagues of 12 is it leaves the Superleague very northern with 6 north of Tay clubs and four north east Fife clubs. 

Leaving it as 14 might make the remaining West Lothian clubs feel a bit less isolated as otherwise it’s a pretty horrible looking League for Fauldhouse and Pumpherston.

They wanted to stay

11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They wanted to stay

Self inflicted wound true. But if East region want to keep the remaining West Lothian clubs they may feel its worth running a 14 - 12 - 10 next season.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Self inflicted wound true. But if East region want to keep the remaining West Lothian clubs they may feel its worth running a 14 - 12 - 10 next season.

It would probably be worth returning to a north centrall south league 

52 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Unfortunately whatever they do will risk losing clubs to other regions and the EoS.

Fauldhouse have mentioned going West.

I don't know the sentiment for Montrose roselea amongst the Angus juniors, but some must be looking at them and thinking the North Super league might not be so bad.

It's maybe only the traditional big Tayside teams that care about keeping the East Region going.

3 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

The only issue with the three leagues of 12 is it leaves the Superleague very northern with 6 north of Tay clubs and four north east Fife. 

only two clubs exist in North East Fife and one of them isn't even listed. 

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Fauldhouse have mentioned going West.

Effectively "promotion" to the 4th tier, unless they are accomodated further up. If they go the other West Lothian teams should as well.

The West Juniors would become the Junior Lowland League.

5 hours ago, RR #1 said:

only two clubs exist in North East Fife and one of them isn't even listed. 

I specifically put north east in lower case to mean the clubs were generally further from the Forth Bridge. 

But if you prefer to get into pedantically referring to either the NE Fife Parliamentary Constituency or the North East Fife Area Committee then of course it currently has three Junior clubs. I presume you forgot about poor Newburgh.

The main point being that it wasn’t even short hops over the bridge left for Fauldhouse but trips right up the A92 to far away Fife. 

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It would probably be worth returning to a north centrall south league 

Good suggestion. There could be a play-of between the 3 winners to see who is East Champions and qualifies for Scottish Cup (if that is still going to happen).

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Effectively "promotion" to the 4th tier, unless they are accomodated further up. If they go the other West Lothian teams should as well.

The West Juniors would become the Junior Lowland League.

The West Region looking to take in some West Lothian clubs might not be a bad idea. Having clubs signed up that have shown they want to stay Junior will help keep their numbers up if a WoSFL comes along.

There's probably some in the Region that don't like the region wide league set up for next year, so it could also be an excuse to bring back some level of regionalisation.

10 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Bit pedantic, but it wasn't self-inflicted. It was because of the actions of other clubs.