Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

So why bother moving?

Because not much changes: you still play football at your level against teams roughly your level, but there is a possibility to move up, to get licensed, to have a team in the U20 league and being in a league that's properly run as opposed to the shambles they're in now.

23 hours ago, Marten said:

Because not much changes: you still play football at your level against teams roughly your level, but there is a possibility to move up, to get licensed, to have a team in the U20 league and being in a league that's properly run as opposed to the shambles they're in now.

And the money is coming from where?

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

And the money is coming from where?

How many times do people need to tell you that it's not just about money? It might not improve that much going to the EOS, but it also won't get worse.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Will you be kicking the Scottish AFA Cup winners out too? And what about the EoS and SoS clubs not (seemingly?) interested in getting licensed (such as Eyemouth?). If Eyemouth were to win the EoS or the East/South Shield, they'd be getting a cup place. You're only in the pyramid by quirk of fate and have to do absoluetely nothing that requires engagement with the pyramid beyond doing what you always have!

I think you’ll find Eyemouth have been chipping away and ticking off the list for achieving the license for a while now, all within their meagre budget of course 

3 hours ago, naetshirt said:

Just heard as usual through the grapvine that St Andrews Utd have done a U turn after Fridays decision to stay with Juniors. Sounds like Tail wagging the dog! AGAIN!! This committee once
again prove they aren't strong or good enough to take decisions and are being led by "sales patter". Sad days?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you upset because saints reversed their decision to stay with the juniors and have applied to the EOS? 

As for finding out on the grapevine the decision was on here and our Facebook on  Wednesday evening within hours of the meeting ending.

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I think you’ll find Eyemouth have been chipping away and ticking off the list for achieving the license for a while now, all within their meagre budget of course 

Good to hear! But while you're unlicensed, you're as much an SFA member as Pollok - registered. Only difference is we're an affiliated association and you're an affiliated league (which has moved into the pyramid).

Point remains though - EoS/SoS clubs are not obliged to get a license - fair enough. But I don't see the need to remove the Junior places while that remains.

Edited by cmontheloknow

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Easily, the discussion will now move to what happens with the remainder of the east and any possible developments in the west & north, so plenty more stuff for discussion wild conjecture and outlandish rumours!

There you go.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:
6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:
What do you need to get a license?

A dug, tv or driving lessons

Or an aeroplane. Or an asbestos removal firm. Or...

The Tayside clubs including Tayport are quite happy with next season's possibilities. A guaranteed Scottish cup place is quite likely to fall at one of their feet via the weakened Super league.

Traveling costs will be vastly reduced and no exodus of players is likely from this area.

Beyond that they all wait to see what TJ comes up with.

Most local sympathy appears to be with North End who easily won their league but could well end up in a worse league next season.

Hopefully they will be rewarded along with pumpherston in South.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The Tayside clubs including Tayport are quite happy with next season's possibilities. A guaranteed Scottish cup place is quite likely to fall at one of their feet via the weakened Super league.

Traveling costs will be vastly reduced and no exodus of players is likely from this area.

Most local sympathy appears to be with North End who easily won their league but could well end up in a worse league next season.

Hopefully they will be rewarded along with pumpherston in South.

Lochee United must be the top favourites to win the East Superleague next season I'd say. 

Edited by Marten

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Yeah it works out well for them. 

In terms of Big Scottish entry I wonder if eventually the change proposed might be to keep a place for Junior Cup winner but drop the Superleague places. That would be parity with the amateurs and reflect the reduced status of the East Superleague.

Can you, I do not have that information available, what I do have is a list of benefits...
What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?
• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000 SJFA - YES
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club SJFA - No
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence. SJFA - No
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year. SJFA - No
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6. SJFA - No
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag. SJFA - No
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant. SJFA - No (EOS supply all 3 insurances that pass Licence criteria)
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season. SJFA - Yes (Matchballs only)
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level. SJFA - Unsure
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league. SJFA - Yes
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis. SJFA - No
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup. SJFA - No
LOWLAND LEAGUE (added to above)
• As it stands winner goes into a play off for promotion to SPFL. SJFA - No
• Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also. SJFA - No
• Top 4 qualify for Irn Bru Cup, minimum £3,000 Prize money. SJFA - No
• Up to £20,000 funding as a LL club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No

How much does a club have to shell out to to qualify for these incentives?

Well let's consider progression on the park.  Let's be utterly and totally realistic. How many  of the current defectors could ever, in a hundred years, contemplate playing in SPFL2?  How many would even want to, the way it's presently constituted? I would guess 3 at most. So what you mean then is progression for a few to tier 5, the Lowland League.  This is realistically what ex-juniors can reasonably aspire to. And is it really progression, given the present constitution of the Lowland League? How many years before the LL actually contains the best non-league teams in the southern half of Scotland?
I'm all for a pyramid, but one which makes sense - not this shambolic set-up we have now in the East, created out of sheer panic.  I hope the West juniors will show how it should be done, but I have my doubts. 

Most sensible post yet! Flocks of sheep syndrome!