Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:
No toilet facilities inside the ground at LTHV and no walls either.  Add to Peebles and there's your "some".

That's interesting. I must have imagined having a pee in the toilet beside the pie shop.

You were so pissed that you had a piss in the pie shop. I hope you didn't buy a pie afterwards..

32 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
33 minutes ago, Marten said:
You were so pissed that you had a piss in the pie shop. I hope you didn't buy a pie afterwards..

No, but their bovril tasted a bit fishy.

That’s plenty.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

FWIW, I much, much prefer non-league to L1 or L2, and even I think Linlithgow Rose have to make the leap. We're into change or die territory now.

This attitude has always pissed me off.

The SFA is the governing body of Scottish football, not the Scottish league system. Being in or outside the league pyramid is utterly irrelevant to whether a club should be in the Scottish Cup. The Scottish Cup ought to be open to any club that can get a licence for their ground, and involvement in the pyramid should have nothing to do with it.

Naw, this is the best licence: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/3009/Sex-Shop-Licence

Genuine question - why do sheep move in flocks? Is it because they are stupid? Or is it because there is safety in numbers, there is strength in being together, and being isolated is incredibly dangerous?

The value of novelty and rejuvenation shouldn't be underestimated. It's what, 17 years since the formation of the Superleague, and things have become stagnant. The change itself will whet a lot of appetites. 

The novelty aspect is true, but ultimately we should all remember next season we are going to watching the same chaps (i.e. those not good enough to attract a league club) playing the same sport in front of similar-sized attendances as this season, albeit (for some of us) at a few different grounds.  Like as not the same clubs will still be hoovering up the baubles.   Plus ca change.....etc

Edited by Ian38018

4 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Have The East Region made any sort of statement or announcement since the 31st deadline?

Don't think so. With the previous public waiverings of Dundonald and St. Andrews they probably fancy their chances something can still be turned around. They probably don't want to give up defeat on something so important. They've got hope, hope in the shape of Linlithgow Rose voting to stay.

Don't think so. With the previous public waiverings of Dundonald and St. Andrews they probably fancy their chances something can still be turned around. They probably don't want to give up defeat on something so important. They've got hope, hope in the shape of Linlithgow Rose voting to stay.
Turned around in what way?

Their continued silence makes me think they have something up their sleeve, but I think it's time they spoke up.

13 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Their continued silence makes me think they have something up their sleeve, but I think it's time they spoke up.

Linlithgow vote to stay, others rescind their applications.

Supposedly they've been quite communicative with the clubs to fill them with scare stories and likely promises that they don't have the power alone to guarantee.

Linlithgow vote to stay, others rescind their applications.
Supposedly they've been quite communicative with the clubs to fill them with scare stories and likely promises that they don't have the power alone to guarantee.
Interesting but bollox.

Can you, I do not have that information available, what I do have is a list of benefits...
What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?
• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000 SJFA - YES
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club SJFA - No
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence. SJFA - No
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year. SJFA - No
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6. SJFA - No
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag. SJFA - No
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant. SJFA - No (EOS supply all 3 insurances that pass Licence criteria)
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season. SJFA - Yes (Matchballs only)
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level. SJFA - Unsure
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league. SJFA - Yes
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis. SJFA - No
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup. SJFA - No
LOWLAND LEAGUE (added to above)
• As it stands winner goes into a play off for promotion to SPFL. SJFA - No
• Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also. SJFA - No
• Top 4 qualify for Irn Bru Cup, minimum £3,000 Prize money. SJFA - No
• Up to £20,000 funding as a LL club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No

How many times is that now that you’ve had to post this breakdown of the facts for the benefit of the bumfaces?

Could strip it by half if the 'Egyptian' contributions were removed.

Serious question: By ‘Egyptian’, do you mean ‘blinkered, slavering bumface’?

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

I think they're playing it right by keeping quiet until the voting's over.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think they're playing it right by keeping quiet until the voting's over.

I agree. Until the East Region know how many teams are left there's not much they can do with regards to league set ups for next season and I'm sure that any lobbying of clubs thinking about leaving would have been done in private.

11 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

It certainly doesn't help when teams keep changing their mind, the words piss up and brewery spring to mind.

Who changed their mind, other than from wanting to stay Junior to wanting to leave?

50 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

It certainly doesn't help when teams keep changing their mind, the words piss up and brewery spring to mind.

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Who changed their mind, other than from wanting to stay Junior to wanting to leave?

Aye, which teams do you mean?

So called big clubs should be leading the way.  Linlithgow and Bo'ness who are being dragged in kicking and screaming. Big clubs ???????

You're having a f#####g laugh

teams in the west will be pissing themselves laughing

At least the other east region clubs had the baws to make the decision  to move off their own backs.

the wee rose and Bo'ness have had their heads up their own ass for years :thumsup2 full of their self importance, and are now being led by others

truthteller says it as it is

Edited by Truthteller