Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

That may well be the case, I wasn't at that meeting and haven't received any feedback from it.
However, as long as the SJFA position is "all in or none in", then the West Region are stuck where we are. My question, though, is to ask if that was what the mandate to the SJFA actually was, or was it simply to get the clubs into the pyramid without any stipulations on how or when or in what order ? I genuinely don't know. But if it was an "all in or none in" mandate, then the withdrawal of the North Region from that scenario is surely a "material change" to the circumstances which would prompt another vote to change the mandate. (I know, I sound like Nicola Sturgeon. :rolleyes: )
I'm not sure why you're sticking with this 'all in mandate' stance. From what I can gather the question was whether or not the SJFA was to seek entry to the Pyramid. How it was to come about was not put forward. The NRSJFA indicated at the time that they were not interested but did not want to stand in the way of the other regions.
We now have a situation where the West Region could be in for next season supposedly with backing from the ERSJFA and the NRSJFA. Surely the SJFA hierarchy is not sticking to having both the East and West going in together?

36 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I'm not sure why you're sticking with this 'all in mandate' stance. From what I can gather the question was whether or not the SJFA was to seek entry to the Pyramid. How it was to come about was not put forward. The NRSJFA indicated at the time that they were not interested but did not want to stand in the way of the other regions.
We now have a situation where the West Region could be in for next season supposedly with backing from the ERSJFA and the NRSJFA. Surely the SJFA hierarchy is not sticking to having both the East and West going in together?

I'm not the one sticking to any particular version of a mandate. But I am asking what the mandate was that was given by the clubs to the SJFA. It appears to me that they SJFA are sticking to the "all in mandate" stance, otherwise the West Region would have been in already, or ready to go in next summer. As far as I am aware the clubs have not been told that the situation has changed, and it is still the dispute between the East of Scotland League and the SJFA regarding where the East Region Juniors go which is stopping the West getting in.

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not the one sticking to any particular version of a mandate. But I am asking what the mandate was that was given by the clubs to the SJFA. It appears to me that they SJFA are sticking to the "all in mandate" stance, otherwise the West Region would have been in already, or ready to go in next summer. As far as I am aware the clubs have not been told that the situation has changed, and it is still the dispute between the East of Scotland League and the SJFA regarding where the East Region Juniors go which is stopping the West getting in.

Call me cynic but there is plenty of incentive to drag heels for some. The relevance of the SJFA's very existence has to be called into question for a start.

At least reform it as the SJFL and like EoS and Sos be an affiliated LEAGUE.

Call me cynic but there is plenty of incentive to drag heels for some. The relevance of the SJFA's very existence has to be called into question for a start.
At least reform it as the SJFL and like EoS and Sos be an affiliated LEAGUE.
One leftfield idea I've had is forming an SPFL equivilant for non-league. Italy has such a setup where the clubs at tier 4 & below are under the Lega Nazionale Dilletani which covers all football & leagues outwith the professional realm.

Let down? When did any club or group of clubs make a firm proposal in the past?

If you mean let down as you waited and waited for someone to do something and no one did, then ok, but that's pretty naive.

The fact that we're nearly in December and firm talks haven't started yet speaks volumes. Those having the discussions aren't that fussed and probably quite happy that the bigger West clubs aren't pushing them for action.

The talks all kicked off around this time last year but in the end, nothing could be agreed in time. The same will happen again.

I’ll believe the west region move when I see it. We’ve been let down so many times. The whole situation is a farce. 

21 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Let down? When did any club or group of clubs make a firm proposal in the past?

If you mean let down as you waited and waited for someone to do something and no one did, then ok, but that's pretty naive.

The fact that we're nearly in December and firm talks haven't started yet speaks volumes. Those having the discussions aren't that fussed and probably quite happy that the bigger West clubs aren't pushing them for action.

The talks all kicked off around this time last year but in the end, nothing could be agreed in time. The same will happen again.

The next PWG meeting is meant to be December 14th? If i'm remembering that correctly. It seems upto the SJFA to offer up a proposal.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

If I remember correctly an old Post from FairWeatherFan showed that from the outset of the Pyramid the two eastern leagues were supposed to merge. However, the existing Senior league would be the priority league, or something along those lines EOSL.

Of course the EOSL has since grown stronger and the Eastern Juniors has become weaker than it used to be.  

Go back to 2013 the hope was EoS and SoS below the Lowland from the beginning. The SJFA said they were interested in joining from 2014/15. The final note in the PWG summary was that 3/4 feeder leagues would be too cumbersome.

image.png.814831f917b63a84d167c38798d4f3b7.png

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Mind you, with recent goings on, another few clubs from the Juniors joining the EoS for next season is entirely possible.

The ERJFA South Superleague teams are not short of better options, if they stick together.  They could head west as a group...or join the SoSFL as a North section, and get a double promotion in the process.

4 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

The ERJFA South Superleague teams are not short of better options, if they stick together.  They could head west as a group...or join the SoSFL as a North section, and get a double promotion in the process.

If they aren't allowed to split ersjfa I doubt they will be allowed or even y theyd join sosfl

8 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

Why on earth would they do any of that when they can simply join the EoS? 

The SoS are not going to accept them, don't be ridiculous, and how would they fit in with the West if they move en-masse? Fife teams in the West? fantasy stuff 😂

Edited by Burnie_man

16 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

You mean like Thorton Hibs v Stranraer in the SoSFL?

You haven't really thought this through have you? 😂

17 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

You mean like Thorton Hibs v Stranraer in the SoSFL?

You haven't really thought this through have you? 😂

These are strange times, there are Tayside teams in the EoS, and Brechin v Wick is a serious possibility as a league game next season.  But this is not what I had in mind - separate North and South sections of the SoSFL with the champion determined by play-off, rather in the way the ERJFA is operating this season.

the sensible thing is of course a EoSFL/ERJFA merger, but I guess what I am trying to point out is that this has to be in a way acceptable to both parties, and the ERJFA do have a variety of choices if they are not offered a good deal, provided enough of them stick together to make a viable league.

Edited by sdr71

These are strange times, there are Tayside teams in the EoS, and Brechin v Wick is a serious possibility as a league game next season.  But this is not what I had in mind - separate North and South sections of the SoSFL with the champion determined by play-off, rather in the way the ERJFA is operating this season.
the sensible thing is of course a EoSFL/ERJFA merger, but I guess what I am trying to point out is that this has to be in a way acceptable to both parties, and the ERJFA do have a variety of choices if they are not offered a good deal, provided enough of them stick together to make a viable league.

How about clubs make up their own minds as to their future. The EoS don't have to offer anything to anyone, clubs are free to apply and join as many have done before them.

That would be the sensible thing to do.

11 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

This is purely imo sdr71 but I think the moment for talking about "merger" in the East has passed. The EoS set up is there, teams are very welcome to join and all those falling into the geographical area would, I'm sure, be accepted. But there has been 2 transition seasons now in order to establish Level 6,7 and possibly 8 for next season. It's already produced a very competitive Premier league, 2 conferences with an interesting and well thought out series of fixtures to set up for next season. After last season's dismal failure of Pyramid Working group proposals, I just get the feeling that if teams want to stay Junior then just stay Junior. If you want in to the pyramid then the EoS is open to that. No drama really.