Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I was in the room for the meeting and the lack of enthusiasm was from certain clubs in the west from a certain part.

It was mentioned at the time that this could have been alongside the lowland league with the champions playing off against each other and the winner moving the play the highland league winner for the right to playoff for SFL entry. Frankly some of the posts made on here about facilities and travel time were raised then!!

The proposal was interesting and worth further consideration but due to the attitude of certain clubs it was killed that night!!

I wonder if the west Lothian clubs will try and resuscitate this idea with whoever remains in the West Juniors.

I wonder if the west Lothian clubs will try and resuscitate this idea with whoever remains in the West Juniors.

I don’t think any clubs in the west would want to be part of it now with the proposed WOSFL. It might be something for those clubs in the west and west Lothian might consider that remain junior. For me the West Lothian clubs should move to the EOSFL if they are looking for better competition.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I was in the room for the meeting and the lack of enthusiasm was from certain clubs in the west from a certain part.

It was mentioned at the time that this could have been alongside the lowland league with the champions playing off against each other and the winner moving the play the highland league winner for the right to playoff for SFL entry. Frankly some of the posts made on here about facilities and travel time were raised then!!

The proposal was interesting and worth further consideration but due to the attitude of certain clubs it was killed that night!!

Don't recall this proposal ever being seen as being alongside the Lowland League or even anything to do with a pyramid. It was an attempt by SJFA to stop clubs leaving the juniors. My club gave their supporters a vote on whether the club should back the proposal , it was a no with numerous no's being because it was not intended to be linked with any future pyramid.

Don't recall this proposal ever being seen as being alongside the Lowland League or even anything to do with a pyramid. It was an attempt by SJFA to stop clubs leaving the juniors. My club gave their supporters a vote on whether the club should back the proposal , it was a no with numerous no's being because it was not intended to be linked with any future pyramid.

Well there was certainly mention of it but it wasn’t a definite. It was mentioned by some from the east who were pushing heavily for it as it could have been there ticket to the pyramid at that time if they could have convinced whoever it would have been at the time to push for it to sit alongside the lowland league. IIRC TJ did make the same point that if it was shown to be a competitive strong league it could have been achieving (edited to add last 2 sentences)

It’s in the past now but if felt bitterly disappointed with the reaction of some clubs who seemed to dismiss it out of hand.

2 hours ago, never been to scotland said:

A Central Super League featuring Whitburn, Bathgate, Tayport, and a few of the more prominent West Juniors would no doubt appeal to people of a certain age...

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I don’t think any clubs in the west would want to be part of it now with the proposed WOSFL. It might be something for those clubs in the west and west Lothian might consider that remain junior. For me the West Lothian clubs should move to the EOSFL if they are looking for better competition.

Except Pumpherston....who dont wish to travel further than their own front door.....

A trip to Old Shielfield would have them apoplectic.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm looking forward to the statement (leaked e-mails) from TJ about a week later far more

I'm not entirely sure what he can do this time. The SFA know the PWG is a dead duck, so you can't go back to that and they aren't going to force the leagues to do something either. All TJ can do is try and dissuade the majority of clubs not to move based on solidarity will get the SJFA into the pyramid eventually.

The latest rumour which has been pretty accurate so far, is to expect some sort of announcement this week.

Hearing things are moving very quickly with a positive meeting happening between the LL folks and some discussions with interested parties happening this week, watch this space but the initial stuff im hearing is very very positive and like a breath of fresh air!!

15 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Talking about the possibility of 3 teams, village sides such as Nithsdale, kello and Glenafton could never expect to rise far in any sort of pyramid. This new setup will see a few former giants become nothing more than wannabes! 

Sanquhar most definitely a toon ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanquhar