*** ****** v **********

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Both our teams have more connections through 2nd team fans than any of us are comfortable with.

I really don't buy this at all.  Again, and this is not a dig, possibly because you are not in the same league as the OF then you get more people who go to Ibrox/Celtic Park one week or Ayr the next but its not something I've ever seen at Rugby Park.  I do know of Celtic and Rangers fans who have came to Killie games but again that is completely different from supporting both clubs.  My dad, Celtic fan, is coming to this game.

The only explanation for your statement can be people who say things like "I'm a Rangers fan but live in Ayr so watch my local team sometimes "but surely not "I support Ayr and Rangers"?   

When Rangers were in League One did you have guys who normally came to the home end (by normally I mean season ticket holders or regulars) who then went and stood in the away end when Rangers came calling?

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

I work in killie alot .in the plumbing merchants I go too ..one is a die hard killie the other 4 support rangers n celtic but also follow killie ...just saying

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I "follow" Hurlford Juniors as my local junior team but it doesn't mean I support them.

Still looking for evidence of Killie (or Ayr) fans who actively support their club and one of the Old Firm - in 25 years of watching football I have never came across one (ohhhh mistress).

I know loads of Rangers and Celtic fans that have season tickets but if their team isn't playing at home they will come to Somerset. Also know loads that don't have season tickets come along to Somerset too. I'm sure killie is the same.

1 minute ago, ftk said:

I know loads of Rangers and Celtic fans that have season tickets but if their team isn't playing at home they will come to Somerset. Also know loads that don't have season tickets come along to Somerset too. I'm sure killie is the same.

Yes and that is correct but that is completely different from someone actively supporting both clubs in my opinion.  I've been to see Man City a few times but I don't support them.

Do you know of any die-hard Ayr fans who also support Rangers?

Serious question, are you going to change your username now?

He promised to in the main Ayr thread a few weeks ago.... 0nickydevlin was mentioned back then [emoji106]

What does all this old firm nonsense have to to with me posting that someone supported Celtic as a kid in the 70's?
Anyone that doesn't think that a fair chunk of a west coast diddy teams crowds for the big games don't have "big teams" is deluding themselves, Killie were on their arse(sub 1000) until they flooded their team with ex old firm players.

Drivel.

Similar to my point about Ayr fans I don't know any Killie fans who also like Rangers/Celtic.  
I do know of Rangers/Celtic fans who have a "soft spot" for Killie/Ayr etc but that is completely different from a Killie fan supporting either team.  The example you gave seems to sit on that side of the fence as opposed to being a Killie fan.

I really don't buy this at all.  Again, and this is not a dig, possibly because you are not in the same league as the OF then you get more people who go to Ibrox/Celtic Park one week or Ayr the next but its not something I've ever seen at Rugby Park.  I do know of Celtic and Rangers fans who have came to Killie games but again that is completely different from supporting both clubs.  My dad, Celtic fan, is coming to this game.
The only explanation for your statement can be people who say things like "I'm a Rangers fan but live in Ayr so watch my local team sometimes "but surely not "I support Ayr and Rangers"?   
When Rangers were in League One did you have guys who normally came to the home end (by normally I mean season ticket holders or regulars) who then went and stood in the away end when Rangers came calling?

I think we're kind of in agreement here, it's all about the definition of 'a supporter'.

I was meaning loose connections - people that turn up (fairly regularly in some cases) and increase the gate.

I don't know many ayr fans actually (I've not lived in ayr for nearly 20 years), so I can't speak with any sort of certainty.

I'm just having a general moan about the influence of these fucking clubs (especially rangers) on our local clubs.

I'd say if they are going to away games they are more than a watcher.  And ive met an Ayr fan who also goes to Ibrox and a Killie fan who does the same.  

Both will go to Ayr/Killie at Peterhead/Ross County away. 

Archived