Whitehill welfare

magoo

Elgin played at Shielfield in midweek recently. Elgin to Berwick is a trip of 236 miles or 4 hours 36 minutes according to the AA website. The total round trip is the equivalent of driving from Edinburgh to Torquay. 

Perhaps Kilby wouldn't like to be a Scottish League club after all.... 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another defeat today...apart from a good little run at Xmas time it' been.a very poor year for ww in my eyes. IMO there are a few good young players there but in general the majority are not as a colective group,good enough to take ww to the top end of the lowland league

1 hour ago, magoo said:

Another defeat today...apart from a good little run at Xmas time it' been.a very poor year for ww in my eyes. IMO there are a few good young players there but in general the majority are not as a colective group,good enough to take ww to the top end of the lowland league

There’s no denying it’s a bad run we are on but a fair share of tough games in there and another one to come on Wednesday. The top end of the Lowland League is way beyond expectations. 

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Look who’s currently above you, howay, you’re better than that surely??  (From an outsider) 

Will hopefully get there Heed. There’s a team on the park and hopefully a platform to build on for what will be an even more competitive league next season. 

There is not much difference between any of the teams from 5th place down to second bottom. In recent weeks even Hawick have improved. If any team can get a bit of consistency then they can soon climb the league. On the other hand, a few injuries and suspensions then teams can plummet down. It is a very competitive league with most teams more than capable of, (on their day) beating almost every other team. The difference between a team like Whitehill having a relatively successful mid-table finish and being involved in the scramble to avoid second bottom is tiny. 

7 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

Shire today had 3 subs. 2 of them goalkeepers .......  yet another WW red card ( 2nd yellow)  for a totally unnecessary " illegal use of the mouth "

Referee was bit ott, look at me I'm in charge  type yesterday. 

No excuses though our discipline is shocking! 

17 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

8 losses in a row now after another poor performance. 

Hawick apart can we win again this season 

Wouldn't take Hawick for granted either :lol:

Anyway next up, Gala on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Jamesw said:

8 losses in a row now after another poor performance. 

Hawick apart can we win again this season 

You tell us Jamesie what are you going to do about it? 

Archived