Premier League 2017-2018

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'll be present for Evertons defeat next sunday*

*This may come back to haunt me.

Don’t worry Jimmy I’ve scared them all off. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we've got -
 Swansea v Southampton on Tuesday then Sunday - 
Palace v West Brom
Southampton v Man City
Swansea v Stoke
I'd be  a tad concerned if I was a Southampton fan.

Tuesdays game for swansea is make or break as well. If they draw with Southampton, they still have a worse goal difference than west brom. Defeat to stoke on sunday (i know) would see them down, unless man city were in a particularly ruthless mood and absolutely smashed Southampton. Makes it exciting i suppose.

4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I never understand how teams at the bottom start winning games with 6/7 games to go. Play like that all season and you will be nowhere near the bottom.

A49E44A8-338B-4EC9-BF3E-D6E2E1994975.jpeg

9am train to Kings Cross for the last away game of the season. Not far from where it  all started at Watford.

Having suffered there for years Stamford Bridge has been a happy hunting in the last 9/10 years and it’s a must win for the home side. A point to go with 90 minutes of letting them know who is in the Champions League final will do just nicely :D

Mon the Reds :) 

Despite a couple of recent missteps at higher profile teams (England and Liverpool), Hodgson has done brilliant jobs at Fulham, Palace and West Brom.

I think people are almost underestimating how good he's been this season because of how easy it's been, but they were (at best) a shambles, and he's got them level on points with the top half without really signing anyone. 

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Tuesdays game for swansea is make or break as well. If they draw with Southampton, they still have a worse goal difference than west brom. Defeat to stoke on sunday (i know) would see them down, unless man city were in a particularly ruthless mood and absolutely smashed Southampton. Makes it exciting i suppose.

Linekar said on MOTD that if it's a draw on Tuesday West Brom are still in it, as if a win for either side relegates them. I've heard on the radio this morning that they need Tuesday's game to be a draw implying the same thing. Experts, eh.

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

Linekar said on MOTD that if it's a draw on Tuesday West Brom are still in it, as if a win for either side relegates them. I've heard on the radio this morning that they need Tuesday's game to be a draw implying the same thing. Experts, eh.

Few can keep up with you 7-2 ... :D 

8 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Fully prepared to be whooshed here but Lineker is correct - if either team win then West Brom would be 4pts from safety with one game left. Only a draw keeps West Brom in it...

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Fully prepared to be whooshed here but Lineker is correct - if either team win then West Brom would be 4pts from safety with one game left. Only a draw keeps West Brom in it...

No, I've whooshed myself. I was just thinking of West Brom getting above just one of those two teams for some reason. :oops

15 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Robertson's having a bit of a stinker. 

Liverpool were fine until Giroud's goal, but they've done little since. 

That's either him dropped for three months, or finished.  Depends on how over-reactive you want to be.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

That's either him dropped for three months, or finished.  Depends on how over-reactive you want to be.

I'll pick the former. I reckon he could still get a game for Coventry. 

2 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

Lolverpool to drop out the top 4?

Will need 3 points at home to Brighton next week LF. Backed up by you being the only squad member to poke his nose out from under the rock they should still get the job done. 

Liverpool started well today but didn’t score and paid for it with Chelsea scoring before half time. Thought  they deserved at least a point but fair play to Chelsea who defended very well. 

It has been a strange few weeks with such a big cushion for 4th place and midweek Champions League exertions with an injury hit squad. 

Down to the crunch now though. Big performance and 3 points needed next week and then 2 weeks to charge the batteries before the big one. :) 

0266B21C-3CDE-4E8D-8308-06E923F2A457.jpeg

62DF9257-402F-4F0A-83CA-9F064123EB49.jpeg

AD3D4EB9-77A7-4B6C-9FEE-C0BDFA40DC36.jpeg

Archived