Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I thought Adam Lallllllana was being passed off as one of England's promising youngsters after their last international failures.

You learn something new everyday.

He’s a young 30. 

Tierney going to Spurs???
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064783?ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=sport
Let's hope so, no particular fan of Spurs but it would get him out of Scotland and can only be good for his progression!!!

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Devastating for the Ev. 

He's the best passer of the ball at the club, but there are younger, cheaper and better-rounded players out there. 

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

BBC Sport‏@BBCSport 
Wayne Rooney has agreed a deal 'in principle' to join DC United this summer https://bbc.in/2ryEeXT #EFC

It'll fall through when he realises it's not the Washington near Newcastle.

put in to perspective just now by a bloke on the BBC news who - rather than focussing on any playing attributes that Rooney could bring to the team - made much of the fact that "wayne rooney is trending on twitter in the US right now"; D C United are moving to a new stadium and looking to establish a higher media profile; I know footballers are commodities moreso now than ever, but must bring it home that your career is teetering on the very brink of the shitter when you're perceived from the off (or should that be "from the get-go") as a marketing rather than footballing acquisition; no doubt he'll be consoled by however many gazillion dollars he'll pick up, though - fair play to 'im....

36 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

should that be "from the get-go"

Related image

Of all the Americanisms to infect our language that is undoubtedly the most ridiculous and worst. Anyone using it just shows themselves up as a complete idiot.

27 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Of all the Americanisms to infect our language that is undoubtedly the most ridiculous and worst. Anyone using it just shows themselves up as a complete idiot.

incorrect - the worst one is "oriented" instead of "orientated" - and that's voting without the fact that the original and very specific reference with regard to celestical direction appears to now be a complete irrelevance; if anyone ever says to me "it's oriented toward the west" i swear i'll fucking kill them on the spot...

I can't see £12M being paid to Everton in this deal. That's either the remainder of current contract or the money he'll be getting from DC United. Surely to goodness?

Is this MLS experiment even working that they can afford this kind of money? The profile hasn't been raised that much (this side of the Atlantic anyway) despite having Henry, Kaka & Villa as well as Zlatan and now possibly Rooney. I struggled to buy an Orlando City top when I was there last year, the locals don't seem to care for soccer that much, it would seem.

10 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

incorrect - the worst one is "oriented" instead of "orientated" - and that's voting without the fact that the original and very specific reference with regard to celestical direction appears to now be a complete irrelevance; if anyone ever says to me "it's oriented toward the west" i swear i'll fucking kill them on the spot...

Annoying but at least that's a variation on a similar word that could be used in error. It's not an ugly, clumsy,  meaningless aberration  used for no other reason than to appear ultra cool while failing miserably. Grrrr, grrr and double grrrrr again.

7 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I can't see £12M being paid to Everton in this deal. That's either the remainder of current contract or the money he'll be getting from DC United. Surely to goodness?

That what I thought but couldn't find clarification if it was a fee, Wayne's wedge or both. Everything I saw just stated £12m deal. 

21 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Spot on.

Things vcan only be oriented towards the east.

Archived