Premier League 2017-2018

31 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Liverpool have signed Fabinho. That's a VERY good signing.

Massive upgrade in midfield. Him and Keita are the beginning of a class midfield. Shame they'll be stuck beside Henderson. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Massive upgrade in midfield. Him and Keita are the beginning of a class midfield. Shame they'll be stuck beside Henderson. 

Henderson’s done alright. 

Good signing that completely surprised me. 

Surely Henderson should be dropped this season, even if he is the captain? Fabinho, Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain are all better than him. 

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Good signing that completely surprised me. 

Surely Henderson should be dropped this season, even if he is the captain? Fabinho, Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain are all better than him. 

Folk say the same every year yet he’s just led the team out in a Champions League final. Expect him still to play a big part. 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Folk say the same every year yet he’s just led the team out in a Champions League final. Expect him still to play a big part. 

He's the best midfielder out of Saturday's starters. I can also understand him being seen as a leader in a team that doesn't seem to have many on the park. 

His defensive output is ok and is a good long ball player, but I don't think he'll do anything as well as the three I mentioned.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He's the best midfielder out of Saturday's starters. I can also understand him being seen as a leader in a team that doesn't seem to have many on the park. 

His defensive output is ok and is a good long ball player, but I don't think he'll do anything as well as the three I mentioned.

Fair points Accie. Have to say I’m delighted with this. Keita and Fabinho added to the options in the middle of the park Klopp continues to strengthen. 

Henderson’s done alright. 

You know that statement could be read in very different ways???

And I honestly think one of them is correct!!!

11 hours ago, King Kebab said:

You know that statement could be read in very different ways???

And I honestly think one of them is correct!!!

Yep it needs 3 commas after done to clarify it

9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Fabinho, Keita and the Ox is a pretty exciting midfield. If they can add Fekir/Lemar for some depth in the front 3 then talk of a title challenge isn't that far-fetched.

Christ lanky you’ll have a queue at the forth road bridge.

And Chamberlain is hopeless ... :P 

16 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Fabinho, Keita and the Ox is a pretty exciting midfield. If they can add Fekir/Lemar for some depth in the front 3 then talk of a title challenge isn't that far-fetched.

The ox has the football intelligence of an actual ox. Not for me. Pish.

I still think there are better players out there they could improve on the Ox with, but he definitely has proven a lot of people wrong with his form before the injury. Certainly not a priority for Liverpool to replace him right now. Keeper and defence first.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I still think there are better players out there they could improve on the Ox with, but he definitely has proven a lot of people wrong with his form before the injury. Certainly not a priority for Liverpool to replace him right now. Keeper and defence first.

Proved loads wrong :) 

Of course it’s not always just about signing so called better individuals and getting the right fits. Keeper then options in attacking areas next. 

10 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Proved loads wrong :) 

Of course it’s not always just about signing so called better individuals and getting the right fits. Keeper then options in attacking areas next. 

Surely a better centre half than Lovren is more of a priority?

On 29/05/2018 at 22:06, NorthernLights said:

Arsenal getting £30million for having "Visit Rwanda" on their sleeves for the next three years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/29/rwandas-30m-arsenal-sponsorship-divides-opinion

The President Rwanda is an gooner apparently. Seems legit...

No surprises there. 

I wonder how much of a say Marcel Brands had in it, given that the club have just chosen the same guy they've wanted since before Brands' appointment. 

Archived