Lolverpool :lol:

On 12/08/2017 at 14:23, Scotty Tunbridge said:

New season same lolverpool emoji4.png

On 12/08/2017 at 14:24, resk said:

Minterpool.

On 12/08/2017 at 14:48, jagfox99 said:

Better luck next season Liverpool...

On 12/08/2017 at 14:49, LinkinFighter said:

Incredible that the likes of Moreno is still there. Same can be said for the goalkeepers. No where near good enough for a team that is a 'title challenger'.

On 12/08/2017 at 14:29, killie_lad said:

Literally liverpools response to their Gk/defense situation this-is-fine.0.jpg

Morning lads ... :) 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Morning lads ... :) 

Morning Rab, no need to ask if you enjoyed your Away day. I was very complimentary about the Red Bin Dippers.

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Salah settling in nicely in Scouseville. 

However, you chose to not pick up on that :angel :rolleyes:

Wenger on MOTD - "We were not at the right level from the first minute - physically, technically and mentally - and we were punished". That's his entirely fault. If he can't prepare a team for a big game at Anfield, he must go.

The Arsenal squad is good enough to compete for the title. It's Wenger's tactics, especially the back three, that are wrong. He's playing Monreal and Bellerin out of position and then complaining about the performance. Who can blame the top players for not signing new deals?

Ashley Williams was actually a good defender before this season; he's turned to utter shite over the summer.

They didn't mention it on MOTD2 (unless I fell asleep) but for Chelsea's opening goal yesterday Williams did what (I think) Gary Cahill did in a game last year and was more interested in helping his opponent back to his feet instead of just worrying about keeping the ball away from his goal.

Wenger on MOTD - "We were not at the right level from the first minute - physically, technically and mentally - and we were punished". That's his entirely fault. If he can't prepare a team for a big game at Anfield, he must go.
The Arsenal squad is good enough to compete for the title. It's Wenger's tactics, especially the back three, that are wrong. He's playing Monreal and Bellerin out of position and then complaining about the performance. Who can blame the top players for not signing new deals?

I agree to a certain extent in that going forward they have a squad that can challenge for the title (although it was baffling that Lacazette, their big money signing, and Giroud, the one guy who looks like causing problems especially at set pieces were both left out of the starting XI) but defensively they have one good centre half (Koscielny), have let a reasonable but not brilliant one go for peanuts (Garbriel), seem to be letting another decent one leave for Inter (Mustaphi) and only have a guy with no pace (Mertesacker) and someone who is nowhere good enough (Holding). They have nobody to play the holding role unless you count Xhaka (who is a booking waiting to happen) or Ramsey when he plays there (but he doesn't have the discipline). They haven't replaced Adams, Vierra or arguably Fabregas and it shows.

Got to admit I've really enjoyed watching Liverpool play this season. Salah was great to watch for Roma last season, and you can see how much they missed him against Atalanta and Inter. He's picked up at Liverpool where he left off at Roma though and fits in so well with the attack Liverpool have. Manchester United probably look most likely to win the title but Liverpool are the side I most want to watch.

5 hours ago, killie_lad said:

Good morning, The defence is still jobby, did what they had to yesterday though which is very little.

4 home Premier League games without conceding a goal ... :) 

In all seriousness you are right though still to be convinced at the back and unless a centre back comes in by Thursday they are short at the back. Encouraging to see Lovren and Matip fit and playing a run of games together. 

4 hours ago, LinkinFighter said:

Beating arsenal doesn't make you a title challenger. The keepers are still pish as well.

I'd stick up for Mignolet. Don't think anyone's mentioning the title. I'll happily take top 4 again showing the ability to cope with the Champions League at the same time. 

Rab goes to most domestic and Euro Liverpool games but also goes to numerous Scottish games most weeks, mainly lower and non-league stuff. He's a genuine fan of the game that can only be criticised for his choice of big team!

Rab goes to most domestic and Euro Liverpool games but also goes to numerous Scottish games most weeks, mainly lower and non-league stuff. He's a genuine fan of the game that can only be criticised for his choice of big team!

That's alright then. I do get frustrated meeting Scottish premier league fans who talk about how shite Scottish football is. Never understood why folk can't enjoy both like Rab evidently does.

Archived