Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An almost unique skillset as a midfielder. His numbers as an attacking midfielder, particularly breaking lines, are excellent. Then you realise he's an elite defensive player as well. Top signing, one to be really excited about.

57 minutes ago, David W said:

An almost unique skillset as a midfielder. His numbers as an attacking midfielder, particularly breaking lines, are excellent. Then you realise he's an elite defensive player as well. Top signing, one to be really excited about.

He's like a Kante who is also brilliant going forward. Watched Leipzig quite a bit last season and he goes by players like they're not even there. Klopp's Liverpool are probably the best fit in the PL given how good he is at playing on the transition.

55 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Liverpool doing some damn fine business. Could have done with him this season but you get an oppertunity to add that amount of talent, then if it has to be next season, so be it.

They could possibly have tempted Jean Michel-Seri now that his Barca move fell through, but Keita has more of an upside. Worth waiting a year for someone who has the potential to be world class IMO.

Keita is a great signing for Liverpool, as others have said he's an excellent blend of both attacking and defensive midfielders, however almost all of Leipzig's creativity and drive this season has been through him, against Schalke he was the only one interested in making something happen, he'll happily drive at defenders and get into the box.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Since they last won the league, Arsenal have only finished within 10 points of the winner twice. Absolutely baffling that folk consider them title challengers.

But that's with Wenger in charge. He's lost the plot tactically, especially defensively.

Gabriel was sold for peanuts, given the inflated prices in the current market. If Wenger also lets Mustafi go and sticks with Holding, they'll be lucky to finish in the top 10. Even Chambers would be better than Holding. 

Keita would have been the perfect signing for Arsenal but Wenger, seemingly, was not interested. He would rather stick with Xhaka, Ramsay, Coquelin and Elneny. 

Is he one of these Scottish fans of English clubs who travels down to England every weekend instead of watching a Scottish team?

Rab goes to most domestic and Euro Liverpool games but also goes to numerous Scottish games most weeks, mainly lower and non-league stuff. He's a genuine fan of the game that can only be criticised for his choice of big team!

Rab IS football.

Knocked back £180k a week to sign a new deal at Arsenal as well, so probably gonna be getting about £250k or thereabouts a week to more than likely warm Chelsea's bench.

With the lack of depth in the Chelsea side he will probably get a decent amount of game time. If I were an Arsenal player I'd probably have my agent trying to whore me out to Chelsea tbh.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

That's alright then. I do get frustrated meeting Scottish premier league fans who talk about how shite Scottish football is. Never understood why folk can't enjoy both like Rab evidently does.

Weren't you sitting in the house drinking non-alcoholic beer when there was football on recently?

With the lack of depth in the Chelsea side he will probably get a decent amount of game time. If I were an Arsenal player I'd probably have my agent trying to whore me out to Chelsea tbh.

Perhaps, but £250k to not even be a first pick. Fucking hell! [emoji1]

Be interesting to see where Keita slots in, they seem settled on a 4-3-3, Henderson is likely going to remain first choice as he's captain, Wijnaldum has been absolutely superb for them and Can is a huge talent. Suspect it'll be Can who drops out.

Archived