Premier League 2017-2018

30 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

If Jurgen wants him - and it's been rumoured for long enough - that's good enough for me. £35 million when Chelsea were prepared to pay more he could turn out to be another bargain. Arsenal players tefusing to sign a new contract and turning down Chelsea to come to Liverpool ... :) 

As I say, I think it'll be a good signing, but surely you can admit 35m for a squad player is odd.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is this year THE year Rab?? emoji102.png

I'll believe it when I see it BU :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

As I say, I think it'll be a good signing, but surely you can admit 35m for a squad player is odd.

We've learnt in the last few years he knows exactly who he wants and he doesn't do stop gaps. He'd rather work with what he's got. Real strength in depth now in all positions ... in front of the defence. I think he'll play a lot. 

Mental money is what you pay for a player in the Premier League, particularly an Englishman, but that to me is daft for a player whose contract runs out at the end of the season and who doesn't appear to materially benefit the squad. What is particularly interesting is that his heart was set on Liverpool and not Chelsea, which I think may be down to him wanting to play more football. I'm not convinced that'll happen at Liverpool, if I'm honest.

Liverpool unquestionably need more depth to the squad, but I think £35m could've done better than Chamberlain.  

Be interesting to see what follows from Liverpool, as there's rumours of Lemar (no, that one) and of course the Van Dijk speculation won't go away either. 

14 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I don't mind him. I think his progress has stagnated at Arsenal. Will be interesting to see if Klopp can progress him.

Obviously, being English, I'm the only one that on here that cares about this, but it's a shame that the young English players at Arsenal joined the club when Wenger was on the decline as a coach. Years ago you could be confident that moving to Arsenal would really improve players, but the likes of Chamberlain, Wilshere and Chambers are a microcosm of the team as a whole: very competent technically, but weak mentally and suspect tactically.

David Bentley was very talented, but lacked the mentality to be a top player so Arsenal rightly got rid of him. If he was in his mid 20s now he'd have got about 150 games for them.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Rooney arrested on suspicion of drink driving according to the Mirror this morning

3 times over the limit apparently. Don't suppose there's any chance of this:-

You may receive a custodial prison sentence for drink driving if your offence surpasses the ‘custody threshold’. The custody threshold is reached when a fine, community sentence and/or licence points alone are not severe enough as punishment for an offence, and custody – i.e. imprisonment – must be considered as a sentence.

What a fucking idiot. I know the grey cells are lacking with these twats, especially with a load of booze in them, but you'd think even they'd have enough sense to have some exclusive personal limo service, or cab company even, on speed dial ready to pick them up whenever needed.  Their agent should fix it all up as a matter of course for them if it's beyond their capabilities, which it probably is.

Rooney was off home with a girl he'd met in a nightclub. It was her car he was nicked in. Colleen is on holiday with his kids - she's also four months pregnant. Sum boi is Wayne.

Anyway, leaving the gossip columns to one side, I read this blog post about racism in football and punditry today

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/powerful-pogba-and-unintelligent-lukaku/

Archived