Premier League 2017-2018

Since they last won the league, Arsenal have only finished within 10 points of the winner twice. Absolutely baffling that folk consider them title challengers.

I don't think anyone does anymore, tbh.

Wenger should be sacked for signing Welbeck, and then playing him ahead of Lacazette.

Nobody can tell me that Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielney, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette aren't good enough to be playing in a title winning team. A class left back, a Kante and a quality right winger are all they lack. It's entirely on Wenger that they have no success, he's completely failed to adapt his style and the modern style of counter attacking with pacey wide men is exactly how to play against his sides. His attempts at 3-5-2 is just pure desperation.

Looked like he's lost the players completely on Sunday, Mustafi looked utterly pissed off, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ozil didn't give a f**k, Sanchez is clearly wanting to be elsewhere.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wenger should be sacked for signing Welbeck, and then playing him ahead of Lacazette.

I thought that when Lacazette came on, he looked exactly like a good striker would when they're forced to play second fiddle to Danny Welbeck.

I thought that when Lacazette came on, he looked exactly like a good striker would when they're forced to play second fiddle to Danny Welbeck.

And then forced to play on the left wing.

It's no wonder players get pissed off with Wenger, biggest game of the season and he plays Holding and Welbeck and leaves Mustafi and Lacazette on the bench. His big game changing sub at half time was taking Ramsey off for Coquelin [emoji23]

Take the baby with you, if you can't palm it off on someone else.

I'm half considering doing that next Saturday against Hearts. My babysitter fell through but I want to go. Just trying to decide how feasible taking her to an away game would really be.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interesting to see where Keita slots in, they seem settled on a 4-3-3, Henderson is likely going to remain first choice as he's captain, Wijnaldum has been absolutely superb for them and Can is a huge talent. Suspect it'll be Can who drops out.

Can won't be at Anfield next season. Looks like he'll be off to Juventus next summer unless Klopp can get him to sign a new contract, which looks unlikely. I've not been his biggest fan, always thought he was a bit of a hit or a miss, but he's been outstanding so far this season. Hopefully now he is looking more of a first team player at the moment he reconsiders his options.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Knocked back £180k a week to sign a new deal at Arsenal as well, so probably gonna be getting about £250k or thereabouts a week to more than likely warm Chelsea's bench.

Pretty sure he will play each week. He'll play in the right wing back role and is just a better version of Victor Moses. I think it will be a good move for him, he needs a regular run in the team in one position, and for his manager to insist on a bit of tactical discipline. His role at Arsenal has been to just appear in the odd match and run around like a headless chicken, which is why he's barely developed since he arrived there.

Not playing Lacazette was a piss poor desicion from Wenger, 

I know it's early days but Arsenal's season could collapse around them in the first half of it, why on earth they kept Wenger on is beyond me and obviously the Arsenal players.

Not playing Lacazette AND Giroud as a front two was a piss poor decision IMO. Lacazette's pace against big gangly Matip would've caused problems whilst big sexy Giroud would've gave Lovren a slapping about.

Pretty sure he will play each week. He'll play in the right wing back role and is just a better version of Victor Moses. I think it will be a good move for him, he needs a regular run in the team in one position, and for his manager to insist on a bit of tactical discipline. His role at Arsenal has been to just appear in the odd match and run around like a headless chicken, which is why he's barely developed since he arrived there.

Yeah you might be right, but I can't say I've seen anything to suggest the AOC will be a better wing back defensively than Victor Moses though. Personally I think he'll just end up performing the same role at Chelsea as he has at Arsenal, playing umpteen various positions, in and out the team. Chelsea are just making up the 'home-grown' quota by signing him IMO.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Not playing Lacazette AND Giroud as a front two was a piss poor decision IMO. Lacazette's pace against big gangly Matip would've caused problems whilst big sexy Giroud would've gave Lovren a slapping about.

Yeah you might be right, but I can't say I've seen anything to suggest the AOC will be a better wing back defensively than Victor Moses though. Personally I think he'll just end up performing the same role at Chelsea as he has at Arsenal, playing umpteen various positions, in and out the team. Chelsea are just making up the 'home-grown' quota by signing him IMO.

An absolutely genuine comment that you're one of the best footballing authorities on here.   Savage Henry remains the most out of touch.  

Can't understand why Man U aren't offering Martial to Arsenal in exchange for Sanchez and money, young French Winger would be unrejectable for Wenger and they get a huge upgrade in that position plus money to help in FFP

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:48, 8MileBU said:

This 100 times over.

Defensively he is pisss poor. Nothing at all in last 15 months has suggested he is going to be cover for Moses let alone take his position.

Home grown quota it is - hence AOC, DD and Barkley bids. We are a shambles at this. Sell Chalobah, loan Baker, RLC and Aina. for around £15 in total inc loan fees. Then spend close £100m for these sacks.

This 100 times over.

Defensively he is pisss poor. Nothing at all in last 15 months has suggested he is going to be cover for Moses let alone take his position.
Home grown quota it is - hence AOC, DD and Barkley bids. We are a shambles at this. Sell Chalobah, loan Baker, RLC and Aina. for around £15 in total inc loan fees. Then spend close £100m for these sacks.

Wenger takes a lot of flack on the team front and most of it rightly so, but the Arsenal board deserve as much of the flack for sanctioning their signings/transfers.
If Sanchez hasn't signed for Man City by tomorrow then that just sums Arsenal up. £50m bid knocked back again this morning apparently. Bite their fucking hand off! Sanchez unhappy and doesn't want to be there, £50m fee for a player with 11 months left on his contract and probably a few million on top of that saved in wages and bonuses. I just fail to see the sense in hanging on to presumably their highest earner who's now going to make zero effort on the pitch, probably fake a few injuries, (no doubt before the big games when they're guaranteed to get humped) then leave for nothing next summer.

Archived